(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 21.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Looks like you hooked the white wire to the wrong tab.
If you look at the 2 & 3 target (which you said are working) the jumper from 1 & 2 should follow the same logic.[quoted image]

That was it, thanks for the help! I misread the schematic in the manual the first time which is why I got it wrong. It seems to be working great now!

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Are there any custom free play cards for Mousin? I just joined the club, still have to set it up and take some pics, but the score cards are missing. I know there's a manual online but does anyone sell it. I like a paper machine manual.

Found a manual thanks to pinsider @NYP, also thinking about ordering that cheesy mod!! Looks pretty cool!

#803 3 years ago

Anyone know if there's anywhere I can buy these parts found at the ends of the ramps? I'm missing the ones for the right ramp, and while think I can live without them, I'd like to be able to add them back. At the very least, I'd like to find the plastic wedge piece that is used to support the end of the right ramp, as the ramp bends down a lot without it.

PXL_20201004_201519016 (resized).jpgPXL_20201004_201519016 (resized).jpg
#804 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Anyone know if there's anywhere I can buy these parts found at the ends of the ramps? I'm missing the ones for the right ramp, and while think I can live without them, I'd like to be able to add them back. At the very least, I'd like to find the plastic wedge piece that is used to support the end of the right ramp, as the ramp bends down a lot without it.
[quoted image]

I looked all around for those bracket replacements when I shopped mine. I couldn’t find them. Maybe this is a job for someone who has a 3D printer?

#805 3 years ago

Well, after nearly two years, I've finally gotten enough pieces to get the full Mousin' Around experience! I got a new plastic ramp from @jodyg, I got the metal piece off of that eBay listing (Thankfully I was the only bidder so the price didn't go any higher!), and I replaced the switch with a universal ramp MRS from Sonic (Since I still haven't found the switch bracket). So while I'm still missing a few pieces like the parts that go at the end of the ramp, I have enough to get the game fully functional! It feels like a whole new game now!

PXL_20201010_192100565 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_192100565 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_192115541 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_192115541 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_192138994 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_192138994 (resized).jpg
#806 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

[quoted image]

Get those cheesy ramp caps from Upkick Pinball, then you don't need those wedges. I'll try to take pics of mine to post.

#807 3 years ago

Pics of Mousin with the cheesy mod thanks to Upkick Pinball.

IMG_1694 (resized).JPGIMG_1694 (resized).JPGIMG_1696 (resized).JPGIMG_1696 (resized).JPG
#808 3 years ago

My Mousin gets here tomorrow. My second one. Just ordered the cheesy mod.
First reason I got the pin is I like it. Second reason is we are looking into
Making some new parts in partner with PPS. Mouse trap mechs first. And any other parts
Needed. We have access to many of the original molds and capability of making new molds.

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

My Mousin gets here tomorrow. My second one. Just ordered the cheesy mod.
First reason I got the pin is I like it. Second reason is we are looking into
Making some new parts in partner with PPS. Mouse trap mechs first. And any other parts
Needed. We have access to many of the original molds and capability of making new molds.

Mine came with a new mouse trap mech in the cabinet bottom so have an extra one. The machine is brand new so hoping I don't need it any time soon. Was this lucky or did they come new in box with an extra mech?

#810 3 years ago

No idea but that’s the part we want to make new molds for.

#811 3 years ago

need to gauge demand for new molds to make the mouse trap blue brackets, the yellow ball catch and the coil shaft linkage that atatchs to the yellow ball catch. I have the original drawings and this project could be added to our PPS parts remake list for PPS

#812 3 years ago

also these parts are available at Shapeways as well, a little dearer but better than nothing

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksmousin

mousin (resized).pngmousin (resized).png
#813 3 years ago

i found the original mold for the divertor part, i can have PPS run those

#814 3 years ago

Hi i'm working with FilamentPrinting to make some coin eject buttons and i think they look pretty good. What do you guys think? What color do you think is best as this was a test run. I'm leaning towards orange or yellow personally but Jason was thinking blue with a yellow led behind it. Any input is appreciated.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#815 3 years ago

Thought i'd share the final coin eject buttons. I think they turned out pretty good. FilamentPrinting

20201106_050546 (resized).jpg20201106_050546 (resized).jpg20201106_050613 (resized).jpg20201106_050613 (resized).jpg20201109_130036 (resized).jpg20201109_130036 (resized).jpg
#816 3 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Thought i'd share the final coin eject buttons. I think they turned out pretty good. filamentprinting
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great Work!!

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Thought i'd share the final coin eject buttons. I think they turned out pretty good.

Hey SWMurphy, Thanks a lot for posting. I like how they look, and the third Bally button looks great too! I'm gonna send you a PM to discuss those coin slots though.

Cheers all!
Jason

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

i found the original mold for the divertor part, i can have PPS run those

Catching up on this thread. Not sure where things stand but I’d be interested in a new diverter part.

3 weeks later
#819 3 years ago

Jody has been working on a replacement left Zip Ramp, and could use some help.
He needs another ramp to complete the model, and is offering a replacement!!!
(It also helps me!)

Reach out to him If you could use a new left Zip ramp!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread/page/6#post-5997647

1 week later
#820 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Jody has been working on a replacement left Zip Ramp, and could use some help.
He needs another ramp to complete the model, and is offering a replacement!!!
(It also helps me!)
Reach out to him If you could use a new left Zip ramp!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread/page/6#post-5997647

I reached out and have volunteered my ramp for use. We plan on touching base after the holidays

3 weeks later
#821 3 years ago

Hi all! Happy new owner (~1 month) of a Mousin Around. It's my first pin and I love it. Glad to see some other like minded folks.

My machine was previously updated to Vram and serviced recently, but I've cleaned/waxed the play field, bought some segmented "cheese" flippers, and bought some metal mods for the bumpers. I bought the coin eject buttons from FilamentPinball today too. Having a lot of fun with these cosmetic mods.

Does anyone have experience with these "cushioned target protectors" on eBay? Thinking about getting a set but I'm not quite sure yet...picture below for what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20210105-173725~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210105-173725~2 (resized).png
#822 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Hi all! Happy new owner (~1 month) of a Mousin Around. It's my first pin and I love it. Glad to see some other like minded folks.
My machine was previously updated to Vram and serviced recently, but I've cleaned/waxed the play field, bought some segmented "cheese" flippers, and bought some metal mods for the bumpers. I bought the coin eject buttons from FilamentPinball today too. Having a lot of fun with these cosmetic mods.
Does anyone have experience with these "cushioned target protectors" on eBay? Thinking about getting a set but I'm not quite sure yet...picture below for what I'm talking about.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I bought a set and i think they are ok. I bought them for just the POW sticker and the little circle sticker and those look better then without it i think. As for the rest i removed them because they looked weird being cushioned so they made the stand up targets too thick and stick out too much under the plastics. I will say that the seller is very nice and my POW stickers were too big for the targets but i figured it wasn't worth asking for them to be fixed so i forgot about it. Well the seller reached out to me like a month later asking if they were bad because another purchaser said they didn't fir right and they wanted to check on all past sales. The seller sent new ones made to the right size free without me asking or filing a complaint. That's pretty awesome.

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

I bought a set and i think they are ok. I bought them for just the POW sticker and the little circle sticker and those look better then without it i think. As for the rest i removed them because they looked weird being cushioned so they made the stand up targets too thick and stick out too much under the plastics. I will say that the seller is very nice and my POW stickers were too big for the targets but i figured it wasn't worth asking for them to be fixed so i forgot about it. Well the seller reached out to me like a month later asking if they were bad because another purchaser said they didn't fir right and they wanted to check on all past sales. The seller sent new ones made to the right size free without me asking or filing a complaint. That's pretty awesome.

Really? Very cool. I ended up cutting and fiddling with mine like crazy- they were way too big for the targets and still don’t look right. I guess I should contact them for the correct sized ones then.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from mIkea:

Really? Very cool. I ended up cutting and fiddling with mine like crazy- they were way too big for the targets and still don’t look right. I guess I should contact them for the correct sized ones then.

Quoted from SWMurphy:

Great feedback! Do you guys have playfield pictures? I worried about the pow stickers sticking out too much and them interfering with the playfield when they lower. Guess that's not an issue? Also, silly question but where is the circle sticker supposed to go on the playfield?

#825 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Great feedback! Do you guys have playfield pictures? I worried about the pow stickers sticking out too much and them interfering with the playfield when they lower. Guess that's not an issue? Also, silly question but where is the circle sticker supposed to go on the playfield?

I emailed the vendor right after I posted above and he got back to me before I got back here on Pinside. He dropped another set in the mail this morning already- excellent service for sure!

Pow decals don’t bind at all, but were way too wide so I had issues with the targets sticking to each other. I’m sure the proper sized ones will be better though.

I believe the round sticker goes on the target by the right trap. Just realized I haven’t installed it yet!

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I reached out and have volunteered my ramp for use. We plan on touching base after the holidays

I sent the ramp last week and it has been received. I hope to have a replacement in a few weeks.

#827 3 years ago

I'm installing my Upkick cheese ramp caps and I'm noticing some inconsistencies between the left ramp and the right ramp and wondering if all machines are like this? Differences: 1) The right ramp included this ramp guard (pic 1) but the left did not. Also, the right includes this ball stop bracket (pic 2) where the right did not...I know the ramps are different roles in the game play and the ball usually files quickly out of that right ramp so maybe that's why it has the extra parts? Upkick's instructions don't mention one side differing from the other so I was just curious. Thanks!

Mousin Around Ball Guard (resized).JPGMousin Around Ball Guard (resized).JPGMousin Around Ball Stop Bracket (resized).JPGMousin Around Ball Stop Bracket (resized).JPG
#828 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

I'm installing my Upkick cheese ramp caps and I'm noticing some inconsistencies between the left ramp and the right ramp and wondering if all machines are like this? Differences: 1) The right ramp included this ramp guard (pic 1) but the left did not. Also, the right includes this ball stop bracket (pic 2) where the right did not...I know the ramps are different roles in the game play and the ball usually files quickly out of that right ramp so maybe that's why it has the extra parts? Upkick's instructions don't mention one side differing from the other so I was just curious. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know what the ramps are supposed to have but i do know my machine came with those brackets on both the left and right ramps. I believe both sides were supposed to have them.

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

I don't know what the ramps are supposed to have but i do know my machine came with those brackets on both the left and right ramps. I believe both sides were supposed to have them.

I was able to dive into the manual this morning and indeed both sides are supposed to have these. The ball stop bracket part # is 01-9220. The other piece I believe they call the retainer plate? If so, the part # is 01-9221. I can't find a source online to get enter replacements. Does anyone know where any could be found?
PXL_20210113_143349802 (resized).jpgPXL_20210113_143349802 (resized).jpg

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

I was able to dive into the manual this morning and indeed both sides are supposed to have these. The ball stop bracket part # is 01-9220. The other piece I believe they call the retainer plate? If so, the part # is 01-9221. I can't find a source online to get enter replacements. Does anyone know where any could be found?
[quoted image]

I would try eBay. I recall seeing one some time ago.

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

[quoted image]

Go without the ball stops entirely. The game plays faster, smoother, and more fun without them. At least in my, and a lot of other people's, minds. But everyone's different.

1 week later
#832 3 years ago

I'm owning a Mousin Around too and just found those fantastic looking cheese ramp pieces from Upkick. When ordering, do they come as a pair or does one have to order two if both ramps shall receive an update?

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFan81:

I'm owning a Mousin Around too and just found those fantastic looking cheese ramp pieces from Upkick. When ordering, do they come as a pair or does one have to order two if both ramps shall receive an update?

Comes as pair. I put them on my game, looks good.

#834 3 years ago

Thank you for the information.
Unfortunately it looks like they're not shipping to Germany (at the moment)...

#835 3 years ago

Sorry, just found out they have a store at pinside.
Mea culpa.

2 weeks later
#836 3 years ago

A small mod on my mousin Around.
I' m working on a small TV with a video from Tom and Jerry that I could install near the cat.

01CBC92C-A944-4E6B-A153-B4F95ED61E7B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg01CBC92C-A944-4E6B-A153-B4F95ED61E7B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8108034F-CC64-45B1-8774-32ABE51E51EA_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8108034F-CC64-45B1-8774-32ABE51E51EA_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#837 3 years ago

I'm in the club now, so you guys will be getting all 4 ramps remade this year. My test mule has 4 perfect ramps in it. Stay tuned!

20210213_080935 (resized).jpg20210213_080935 (resized).jpg
#838 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm in the club now, so you guys will be getting all 4 ramps remade this year. My test mule has 4 perfect ramps in it. Stay tuned!
[quoted image]

I love that the cat is sniffing your Mousin around in that pic!

#839 3 years ago

I have to say, I underestimated this game...its actually pretty fun. I have an unconventional list of favorite System 11 games, and this one ranks right up with the top 3-4 for me. I will probably hang onto it for a bit. My machine appears to have been wired incorrectly from the factory. The motorized target set in front of the center ramp had the #1 and #3 target wiring reversed...I couldn't figure out why it took a bunch of hits to make it drop. I wound up just switching pin locations in the plug. Works like a charm now. Waiting on some parts to come in...but I was able to successfully install a new center ramp and Zip ramp in the machine yesterday. Currently contemplating how I will make the Swoosh ramp mold....stay tuned.

#840 3 years ago

Starting to get there! 2 new ramps installed. Bulbs swapped out- every single flasher in the game was burned out. Most of the star posts were disintegrating, and one of the pop bumper housings self destructed. Also replaced missing switch targets on the right side with the proper 3d translucent yellow versions. Have to do the left side next. My Titan rubbers have been stuck in the Texas apocalypse all week, so ill make do for now. Yes, that is a LW3 sling plastic that some operator repurposed onto this application. It actually doesn't look too terrible!

20210219_213659 (resized).jpg20210219_213659 (resized).jpg
#841 3 years ago

Good to hear someone is making new ramps for my favourite pinball
Have you also recreated the decals?

Michael

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFan81:

Good to hear someone is making new ramps for my favourite pinball
Have you also recreated the decals?
Michael

I do not do anything with decals due to copyrights. But you can usually reuse the old ones easily.
https://rampomatic.com/blogs/tutorials/how-to-reuse-decals

#843 3 years ago

Understandable. Thanks for providing the link.

2 weeks later
#844 3 years ago

Zip ramps are available now. International customers- Marco will have some available late next week if you want to combine shipping.

https://rampomatic.com/collections/bally-williams-ramps/products/copy-of-williams-mousin-around-zip-ramp

3 weeks later
#845 3 years ago

Almost finished with restoration. Very fun.

2E0CF750-5241-4C31-8A8A-9950744A005A (resized).jpeg2E0CF750-5241-4C31-8A8A-9950744A005A (resized).jpegCF4B7FEC-565C-4DC5-92A0-1FB215E9827C (resized).jpegCF4B7FEC-565C-4DC5-92A0-1FB215E9827C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#846 3 years ago

It's coming soon!! I have to do some minor fine tuning on the mold, and this one will be available. You can sign up here to be automatically notified when this ramp is available.
https://rampomatic.com/collections/bally-williams-ramps/products/williams-mousin-around-zap-ramp-back?variant=39510625616055

20210410_162249 (resized).jpg20210410_162249 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#847 2 years ago

Going to be shipping the first round of Zap ramps tomorrow/Monday. I have a few listed in my store...so you can order now if you wish. Don't panic if they show sold out, more will be added.

Customers outside the USA/Canada, please PM me for a shipping quote...do not try to check out with a US address and ask me to change it later. Thanks!

https://rampomatic.com/collections/bally-williams-ramps/products/williams-mousin-around-zap-ramp-back

#848 2 years ago

Joined the club. Noticed mine is missing the wire gate and Marcos is out of stock. Any alternative places to get it?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6851

#849 2 years ago

Would anyone have a high quality photo or scan of the area between the slings?
Pretty much middle mouse down?

Ive been touching up a playfield for a month now, and my hands arent as steady anymore.
Im afraid its looking worse.....

Thanks.

#850 2 years ago

Also noticed that none of my pop bumpers have bulbs nor are they wired for bulbs. I think most Mousin games have lit pop bumpers don’t they?

Anyone else experience this?

Any advice other than figuring out how to manually wire some bulbs from scratch?

640CF8DC-4CA4-4509-890A-88649E2310B7 (resized).jpeg640CF8DC-4CA4-4509-890A-88649E2310B7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome/page/17?hl=cmjb13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.