(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 21.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

PM Sent!
Still looking for a Swoosh ramp Ball gate with the cheese sticker on it on the upper right ramp. Got a Spare?? Please Pm me.
Thanks
Eric

I need that gate as well, probably try to make one...

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Does anyone have a picture of under the apron and of the inlane guide/plastic setup? Picked up a mousin as a working project but missing few parts. Just want to make sure I order the correct parts and install correctly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hope these help, these are from my teardown. Let me know if you have any questions or need more as I problem have the pictures I just need to find them.

20200227_055103 (resized).jpg20200227_055103 (resized).jpg20200229_103828 (resized).jpg20200229_103828 (resized).jpg20200326_055404 (resized).jpg20200326_055404 (resized).jpg20200227_045625 (resized).jpg20200227_045625 (resized).jpg20200227_045521 (resized).jpg20200227_045521 (resized).jpg
#753 3 years ago

Regarding the power wall plug...

The ground pin on mine slides in and out. I’ve never seen this before.

Is this normal?

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Regarding the power wall plug...
The ground pin on mine slides in and out. I’ve never seen this before.
Is this normal?

No! Not at all OK! Common problem, and easy fix, but not OK. It's very simple to replace the line cable. I think there is a Vid's guide on here somewhere. If you've done any basic electrical work it's very straightforward.

You could also just replace the cord cap.
https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-515PV-07196000501-Pack-Yellow/dp/B0015P708Y/ref=sr_1_3
Totally acceptable from an electrical stand point. Easier, quicker, and maybe a little cheaper, but it's not original.

Personally I'd put a cord cap on because I have them, tell myself it's a temp fix until I do the line cord, then never actually do it.

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

No! Not at all OK! Common problem, and easy fix, but not OK. It's very simple to replace the line cable. I think there is a Vid's guide on here somewhere. If you've done any basic electrical work it's very straightforward.
You could also just replace the cord cap.
amazon.com link »
Totally acceptable from an electrical stand point. Easier, quicker, and maybe a little cheaper, but it's not original.
Personally I'd put a cord cap on because I have them, tell myself it's a temp fix until I do the line cord, then never actually do it.

Went to Home Depot and picked up 2 line caps. Replaced and now ground plug is secure.
I used yellow cap for Mousin and orange for Diner.

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Hello! I just picked up a really really nice Mousin’ Around. Cabinet is bright with no fade and the playfield has virtually no wear. I’d never played it before I brought it home and, after half a dozen plays, I have to say I’m really impressed!

I just picked one up recently, but had to play it first before deciding to go ahead with the purchase. After deciding I wanted a Dirty Harry before playing it, then playing it and hating it (though I love the movies), that’s the only way to go for me.

My plan originally was to stop at a barcade on the way to Canada to try Mousin before deciding if I liked it and wanted to pick one up. However, the closure of the border cancelled those plans. But after finally playing it in person, I liked it.

#757 3 years ago

I have a small piece of Mylar on the left rerun lane that is peeling. It’s peeling enough where the ball gets stuck on it.

What is the recommended way to address this?

Thanks

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I have a small piece of Mylar on the left rerun lane that is peeling. It’s peeling enough where the ball gets stuck on it.
Thanks

I’ve never tried it but I hear you can sometimes reactivate the adhesiveness by using a hairdryer to heat it up.
I defer to others who have tried this to confirm if it works or not.

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Thanks

Quoted from Ranhorton:

I’ve never tried it but I hear you can sometimes reactivate the adhesiveness by using a hairdryer to heat it up.
I defer to others who have tried this to confirm if it works or not.

First, no offense, I hate the hairdryer trick. Really only work if its not old. You can melt plastics unless your playfield is stripped.
Ive used contact cement on hanging corners of mylar, or a good 1 inch peel up. But the problem again is the old mylars.
These are most likely home games. I had to finally remove the left sling mylar. I dont see me playing 3000 games of mousin to do any damage with the light wax i keep on playfield.
You can also surgically remove all mylar flaps with an exacto knife too. Use cold spary to make it hard and cut away.

#760 3 years ago

First, no offense, I hate the hairdryer trick. Really only work if its not old. You can melt plastics unless your playfield is stripped.
Ive used contact cement on hanging corners of mylar, or a good 1 inch peel up. But the problem again is the old mylars.
These are most likely home games. I had to finally remove the left sling mylar. I dont see me playing 3000 games of mousin to do any damage with the light wax i keep on playfield.
You can also surgically remove all mylar flaps with an exacto knife too. Use cold spary to make it hard and cut away.

No offense taken whatsoever! Glad to know I should avoid the hairdryer “trick” should my Mousin Mylar start lifting!

#761 3 years ago

I’m toying with the idea of replacing the pop bumper caps since someone at some point replaced them with ones from the 70’s

I took a look at vid’s guide and while it seems doable, it may be over my head.

Anyways, what is the best position to place the playfield in order to best do this?

Thanks

#762 3 years ago

What is the deal with the missing post near the flippers?

Did this come factory installed on earlier models but was removed in later ones?

00023CEC-3C58-44BB-85E4-0D6D25CD0F04 (resized).jpeg00023CEC-3C58-44BB-85E4-0D6D25CD0F04 (resized).jpeg
#763 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

What is the deal with the missing post near the flippers?
Did this come factory installed on earlier models but was removed in later ones?
[quoted image]

Mine had the post installed. Way too easy in my opinion. Don't put it in! Just kidding, do whatever you want with your game. I didn't like it.

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Mine had the post installed. Way too easy in my opinion. Don't put it in! Just kidding, do whatever you want with your game. I didn't like it.

Mine has the hole too. I always felt like it played pretty fair without the post and never really thought it needed it. It isn't really a very center drain heavy game (at least mine) so maybe that has something to do with it.

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Mine has the hole too. I always felt like it played pretty fair without the post and never really thought it needed it. It isn't really a very center drain heavy game (at least mine) so maybe that has something to do with it.

I was more wondering did this originally come installed from the factory and then changed their minds and removed it from subsequent machines?

I’m just wondering why some have it and some don’t.

#766 3 years ago

Looking into buying a mousin around, but the left and ramp right entrances are busted/cracked. The game is still playable though. Seems like reproductions aren't available. Thoughts? Should this deter me from buying? Are there any products or tricks for covering/protecting these areas?

#767 3 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Looking into buying a mousin around, but the left and ramp right entrances are busted/cracked. The game is still playable though. Seems like reproductions aren't available. Thoughts? Should this deter me from buying? Are there any products or tricks for covering/protecting these areas?

The only ramp available is the center ramp. My center ramp is the only one that isn’t cracked or missing pieces. Some previous owner put pieces of metal where the holes in the ramps are. Ideal, no. But this is a 31 year old machine with replacement parts that aren’t readily available.

I reached out to the guy who does the ramps and he said the medium sized ramp may be doable in the future. However the single piece ramp that goes across the entire playfield is not possible with the equipment he has at this time.

I’m more of a functional rather than aesthetic buyer. My Diner side art is very scratched, but not one person who has ever played it has ever brought it up to me.

It’s really all boils down to your preference more than anything. I will say the game has grown on me

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

The only ramp available is the center ramp. My center ramp is the only one that isn’t cracked or missing pieces. Some previous owner put pieces of metal where the holes in the ramps are. Ideal, no, but this is a 31 year old machine.

I reached out to the guy who does the ramps and he said the medium sized ramp may be doable in the future. However the single piece ramp that goes across the entire playfield is not possible with the equipment he has at this time.
I’m more of a functional rather than aesthetic buyer. It’s really all preference more than anything. I will say the game has grown on me

#769 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

The only ramp available is the center ramp. My center ramp is the only one that isn’t cracked or missing pieces. Some previous owner put pieces of metal where the holes in the ramps are. Ideal, no. But this is a 31 year old machine with replacement parts that aren’t readily available.
I’m more of a functional rather than aesthetic buyer. My Diner side art is very scratched, but not one person who has ever played it has ever brought it up to me.
It’s really all boils down to your preference more than anything. I will say the game has grown on me

True, I just asked for the Left Ramp again to be made, or if anyone has one....

The sad part is until a few years ago, I had a full set of ramps and plastics extra that I sold.
I never thought Id buy another.....

#770 3 years ago

CENTER POST UPDATE!!
I have been told on very, very good authority from factory years ago....
The center post was a Europe thing. Distributors in Europe wanted game times to last longer. Many games from this era have the clear plug (opaque) between flippers.
I've had a factory center post on a re-import as well to verify this.

#771 3 years ago

CENTER POST UPDATE!!
I have been told on very, very good authority from factory years ago....
The center post was a Europe thing. Distributors in Europe wanted game times to last longer. Many games from this era have the clear plug (opaque) between flippers.
I've had a factory center post on a re-import as well to verify this.

Thanks for the update. If it left the factory without it, that’s how I’ll leave it

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Thanks for the update. If it left the factory without it, that’s how I’ll leave it

What's crazy about the euro distributor thing is these are the same people that wanted lightning flippers on Fish Tales.
Also having had 3 MA's the one that had the post was and is, just as hard without it. Ball would barely ever hit it.

#773 3 years ago

What's crazy about the euro distributor thing is these are the same people that wanted lightning flippers on Fish Tales.
Also having had 3 MA's the one that had the post was and is, just as hard without it. Ball would barely ever hit it.

Man, you upped me, Eric! Im on my second! First one had a post. When my kids were young, I put an oversized rubber on it!
Ill concede to your 3!
You sure you dont have a beat up ramp laying around?

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Man, you upped me, Eric! Im on my second! First one had a post. When my kids were young, I put an oversized rubber on it!
Ill concede to your 3!
You sure you dont have a beat up ramp laying around?

I don't Art, Sorry. What really sucks is after I moved the second mousin' I sold off a plastic set, center ramp, and more.
Then this popped up last year and I couldn't say no. I almost needed everything i had sold off. Luckily got the center ramp from Jody.
This game keeps sucking me in.

#775 3 years ago

Indeed, I'm glad I was able to send that to Jody to make. He is awesome!
This is the only the second game I've owned twice...i think its a blast! But I'm biased because the guy in the middle looks like my dad and sounds like him!

#776 3 years ago

Found a switch gate that works for the right ramp. Just moved one side forward to attach. Works

15974689205135120442479751536092 (resized).jpg15974689205135120442479751536092 (resized).jpg15974689685613409445108360740723 (resized).jpg15974689685613409445108360740723 (resized).jpg
#777 3 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Found a switch gate that works for the right ramp. Just moved one side forward to attach. Works
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent.

#778 3 years ago

Might be checking one of these out this week. Any areas I need to look at closely? Found one with a pretty decent playfield.
TIA

#779 3 years ago

Just make sure it's complete, check the ramps , mousetraps, and plastics. Some of those parts haven't been remade and are hard to find.

#780 3 years ago

Would anyone be willing to take some photos of the center ramp switch bracket (01-9344-1-L) and the metal vertical ramp at the entrance (B-13058 [01-9339-1, 01-9339-2, 01-9340]), possibly with some measurements? Someone has contacted me offering to potentially fabricate the parts for me, but wants to see pictures of the parts. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help out and provide some pics!

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Would anyone be willing to take some photos of the center ramp switch bracket (01-9344-1-L) and the metal vertical ramp at the entrance (B-13058 [01-9339-1, 01-9339-2, 01-9340]), possibly with some measurements? Someone has contacted me offering to potentially fabricate the parts for me, but wants to see pictures of the parts. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help out and provide some pics!

The vertical metal ramp is on eBay right now.

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

The vertical metal ramp is on eBay right now.

Wait what?! All I see is a listing for the plastic center ramp without any of the metal parts.

Edit: GOOD GRIEF $200?! Well I found it, but that seems pretty pricey... But I'm also willing to pay it at this point, haha.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Wait what?! All I see is a listing for the plastic center ramp without any of the metal parts.
Edit: GOOD GRIEF $200?! Well I found it, but that seems pretty pricey... But I'm also willing to pay it at this point, haha.

I cant find that....can you share a link or why its not under Mousin Pinball?

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I cant find that....can you share a link or why its not under Mousin Pinball?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324269432514

#785 3 years ago

Thanks, Not what I expected but 2 bids already!! Yikes!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#786 3 years ago

Ya, Australian ebay, took me forever to find it too.
Dont need one thank goodies.
Jody's ramp set me up.

#787 3 years ago

Just bought a Mousin Around! I pick it up Friday night! I’m so Fn stoked.

#788 3 years ago

So I went to change the flipper bats yesterday. The left flipper went fine. However, the right flipper was kind of weak. Seems to be less snappy. To be fair, it had always seemed kind of "off"

I took a look at the flipper links. The link on the right definitely appears less thicker than the one on the left. I also see a notch on the bottom. Is this notch due to wear or is normal for the part?

Anyways, I know some people would suggest an entire flipper rebuild and I may do that eventually. But since I'm looking a for a quick fix, I ordered replacement Plunger link flipper assemblies. Hoping that will give it some of the strength back. I was told the solenoids were replaced shortly before I purchased it.

IMG_2791 (resized).JPGIMG_2791 (resized).JPG

#789 3 years ago

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

So I went to change the flipper bats yesterday. The left flipper went fine. However, the right flipper was kind of weak. Seems to be less snappy. To be fair, it had always seemed kind of "off"
I took a look at the flipper links. The link on the right definitely appears less thicker than the one on the left. I also see a notch on the bottom. Is this notch due to wear or is normal for the part?
Anyways, I know some people would suggest an entire flipper rebuild and I may do that eventually. But since I'm looking a for a quick fix, I ordered replacement Plunger link flipper assemblies. Hoping that will give it some of the strength back. I was told the solenoids were replaced shortly before I purchased it.
[quoted image]

That appears to be a Bakelite link from a much older game. I would do a complete flipper rebuild kit.

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

That appears to be a Bakelite link from a much older game. I would do a complete flipper rebuild kit.

It appears previous owner(s) have used older parts throughout the machine. I know for sure they used bumper caps meant for Evil Knievel.

I’m going to replace the plunger link flipper assemblies first to see if that makes a difference.

#792 3 years ago

Plunger link flipper assemblies and bushings replaced. Now it seems like I have more problems than I did before...

Left flipper has issues where if I press the button normally the flipper tries to move up and does oh so slightly but it’s not until I slam the button hard that it will move as normal. I swapped it out with the old flipper bat and same thing happens. When I press the button and touch the flipper, I can feel the electrical “pulse” from the flipper.

The flipper drops when the machine is powered off. So this would indicate an electrical issue? As you can see in this video when I press the button the plunger assembly barely moves.

Right flipper works, although originally the flipper would move up after a few button presses. I tightened the flipper shaft as tight as I could which seems to have resolved it.

UPDATE: Took a 30 minute break. Came back and powered the machine on and now the flipper works. What in the hell is going on?

2 weeks later
#793 3 years ago

Hello friends, today after a long time looking for me to join the group !!!

Screenshot_20200918-215316_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200918-215316_Gallery (resized).jpg
#794 3 years ago

Are there any custom free play cards for Mousin? I just joined the club, still have to set it up and take some pics, but the score cards are missing. I know there's a manual online but does anyone sell it. I like a paper machine manual.

#795 3 years ago
mousin1new (resized).jpgmousin1new (resized).jpgmousin2new (resized).jpgmousin2new (resized).jpg
1 week later
#796 3 years ago

Howdy mouse fans! We've been restoring a Mousin' Around and came up with this extra cheesy mod for the ramps.

Mousin Around kit

cheese-compare (resized).JPGcheese-compare (resized).JPG
#797 3 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Howdy mouse fans! We've been restoring a Mousin' Around and came up with this extra cheesy mod for the ramps.
Mousin Around kit[quoted image]

This is awesome!!

#798 3 years ago

Could anyone provide a picture of what the wiring for the 3-bank of spot targets looks like on their game? On mine a wire was missing which prevented the 1 target from registering. I tried adding that wire back in to fix it, and I used the manual for reference. It's still not registering though, so I need to compare with someone else's to check whether or not mine is correct.

Here's mine. The wire I added is the white one connecting the 1 target to the 2 target. The manual showed a wire connecting those two, but I suppose the manual could be incorrect, or I'm just missing something else.
PXL_20200928_211335117 (resized).jpgPXL_20200928_211335117 (resized).jpg

PXL_20200928_212053736 (resized).jpgPXL_20200928_212053736 (resized).jpg
#799 3 years ago

Anyone? Not sure where else I could look for a photo of those targets.

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Anyone? Not sure where else I could look for a photo of those targets.

Looks like you hooked the white wire to the wrong tab.

If you look at the 2 & 3 target (which you said are working) the jumper from 1 & 2 should follow the same logic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Quakertown, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome/page/16?hl=swmurphy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.