(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 761 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Cmjb13
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 261 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200227_045521 (resized).jpg
20200227_045625 (resized).jpg
20200326_055404 (resized).jpg
20200227_055103 (resized).jpg
20200229_103828 (resized).jpg
525918EF-B161-4AD6-8F37-6EBB3C99AB19 (resized).jpeg
43F49B2C-D7BB-49B3-B2D1-CE2EC0F648C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4070 (resized).JPG
IMG_4069 (resized).JPG
15962548091107330448085860482334 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200729_204419655 (resized).jpg
Settings (resized).png
IMG_20200722_110918 (resized).jpg
5J5A4478 (resized).JPG
5J5A4477 (resized).JPG
44B46243-460C-427A-AEAB-0713B6FAC219 (resized).jpeg

There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.
#751 7 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

PM Sent!
Still looking for a Swoosh ramp Ball gate with the cheese sticker on it on the upper right ramp. Got a Spare?? Please Pm me.
Thanks
Eric

I need that gate as well, probably try to make one...

#752 7 days ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Does anyone have a picture of under the apron and of the inlane guide/plastic setup? Picked up a mousin as a working project but missing few parts. Just want to make sure I order the correct parts and install correctly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hope these help, these are from my teardown. Let me know if you have any questions or need more as I problem have the pictures I just need to find them.

20200227_055103 (resized).jpg20200229_103828 (resized).jpg20200326_055404 (resized).jpg20200227_045625 (resized).jpg20200227_045521 (resized).jpg
#753 6 days ago

Regarding the power wall plug...

The ground pin on mine slides in and out. I’ve never seen this before.

Is this normal?

#754 6 days ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Regarding the power wall plug...
The ground pin on mine slides in and out. I’ve never seen this before.
Is this normal?

No! Not at all OK! Common problem, and easy fix, but not OK. It's very simple to replace the line cable. I think there is a Vid's guide on here somewhere. If you've done any basic electrical work it's very straightforward.

You could also just replace the cord cap.
amazon.com link »
Totally acceptable from an electrical stand point. Easier, quicker, and maybe a little cheaper, but it's not original.

Personally I'd put a cord cap on because I have them, tell myself it's a temp fix until I do the line cord, then never actually do it.

#755 5 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

No! Not at all OK! Common problem, and easy fix, but not OK. It's very simple to replace the line cable. I think there is a Vid's guide on here somewhere. If you've done any basic electrical work it's very straightforward.
You could also just replace the cord cap.
amazon.com link »
Totally acceptable from an electrical stand point. Easier, quicker, and maybe a little cheaper, but it's not original.
Personally I'd put a cord cap on because I have them, tell myself it's a temp fix until I do the line cord, then never actually do it.

Went to Home Depot and picked up 2 line caps. Replaced and now ground plug is secure.
I used yellow cap for Mousin and orange for Diner.

#756 5 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Hello! I just picked up a really really nice Mousin’ Around. Cabinet is bright with no fade and the playfield has virtually no wear. I’d never played it before I brought it home and, after half a dozen plays, I have to say I’m really impressed!

I just picked one up recently, but had to play it first before deciding to go ahead with the purchase. After deciding I wanted a Dirty Harry before playing it, then playing it and hating it (though I love the movies), that’s the only way to go for me.

My plan originally was to stop at a barcade on the way to Canada to try Mousin before deciding if I liked it and wanted to pick one up. However, the closure of the border cancelled those plans. But after finally playing it in person, I liked it.

#757 5 days ago

I have a small piece of Mylar on the left rerun lane that is peeling. It’s peeling enough where the ball gets stuck on it.

What is the recommended way to address this?

Thanks

#758 5 days ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I have a small piece of Mylar on the left rerun lane that is peeling. It’s peeling enough where the ball gets stuck on it.
Thanks

I’ve never tried it but I hear you can sometimes reactivate the adhesiveness by using a hairdryer to heat it up.
I defer to others who have tried this to confirm if it works or not.

#759 5 days ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Thanks

Quoted from Ranhorton:

I’ve never tried it but I hear you can sometimes reactivate the adhesiveness by using a hairdryer to heat it up.
I defer to others who have tried this to confirm if it works or not.

First, no offense, I hate the hairdryer trick. Really only work if its not old. You can melt plastics unless your playfield is stripped.
Ive used contact cement on hanging corners of mylar, or a good 1 inch peel up. But the problem again is the old mylars.
These are most likely home games. I had to finally remove the left sling mylar. I dont see me playing 3000 games of mousin to do any damage with the light wax i keep on playfield.
You can also surgically remove all mylar flaps with an exacto knife too. Use cold spary to make it hard and cut away.

#760 5 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

First, no offense, I hate the hairdryer trick. Really only work if its not old. You can melt plastics unless your playfield is stripped.
Ive used contact cement on hanging corners of mylar, or a good 1 inch peel up. But the problem again is the old mylars.
These are most likely home games. I had to finally remove the left sling mylar. I dont see me playing 3000 games of mousin to do any damage with the light wax i keep on playfield.
You can also surgically remove all mylar flaps with an exacto knife too. Use cold spary to make it hard and cut away.

No offense taken whatsoever! Glad to know I should avoid the hairdryer “trick” should my Mousin Mylar start lifting!

#761 4 days ago

I’m toying with the idea of replacing the pop bumper caps since someone at some point replaced them with ones from the 70’s

I took a look at vid’s guide and while it seems doable, it may be over my head.

Anyways, what is the best position to place the playfield in order to best do this?

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside