New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 814 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by SWMurphy
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 281 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
mousin (resized).png
IMG_1694 (resized).JPG
IMG_1696 (resized).JPG
PXL_20201010_192100565 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201010_192138994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201010_192115541 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201004_201519016 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20200928_212053736 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200928_211335117 (resized).jpg
cheese-compare (resized).JPG
mousin2new (resized).jpg
mousin1new (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200918-215316_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_2791 (resized).JPG

There are 814 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.
#651 6 months ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hello guys,
I'm looking for a set of insert decals. I've lost some black letters and circle around when i removed the wasted mylar on mine.
Playfield is perfect, just some letters went with it.
any source would be great !!
stay all safe, by the way.

Hi BENETNATH!

Show me what do you need exactly.

I did some reproductions for insert for some of my users. I like to get more experience. I will show you what I did around inserts and mylar.

Regards

#652 6 months ago

Hi,

please see some examples.
Glue is still on as i need some time to remove it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xSnYippqLRhFiGHr5

1 week later
#653 6 months ago

About to purchase a mousing around machine with a bad CPU. Can I at least test that the machine fires up with the CPU out of my F-14 tomcat (same CPU, different ROM’s).

#654 6 months ago

Anyone tried this? I did the common mod, where I took the end-of-ramp gates off to get better speed and flow, but thought that they looked a little bare afterwards. I found these NOS keychains online and thought they'd go perfectly. I like how they turned out, but unfortunately both keychains had the hole on the same side, so for the right plastic I had to drill a new hole. So not 100% ideal, but I like how their appearance, and they almost look like stock plastics to me. Oh, and please ignore the playfield wear!

IMG_20200426_161715 (resized).jpgIMG_20200426_161721 (resized).jpgIMG_20200426_161850 (resized).jpgIMG_20200426_161909 (resized).jpg
#655 5 months ago

Hey guys
Just replaced all the original capacitors on my power supply board.
Started the game and it powered up fine. Went to test TP4 and got 0 volts instead of -12V
Tested TP1 and got 10V instead of 5V.
Tested TP3 and got 26V instead of 12V.

New capacitors I put in:
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=W12246-PEC-KIT

Thoughts? Is this correct volt readings since some of the capacitors are larger values than the originals?

#656 5 months ago
Quoted from plb524:

About to purchase a mousing around machine with a bad CPU. Can I at least test that the machine fires up with the CPU out of my F-14 tomcat (same CPU, different ROM’s).

I looked at that mousin last week when I bought his pinball dolly. Pretty decent deal, I had a CPU for it on the shelf but I only wanted to pay $1800. It had a nice playfield and ramps but cabinet decals was rough.

#657 5 months ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
please see some examples.
Glue is still on as i need some time to remove it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xSnYippqLRhFiGHr5

Look, this was a request from one of mi user that needs a insert for his "Baywatch Pinball" (SEGA). He shows me photos from other pinball and he gave me measures from his own pinball:

Baywatch pinball insert - Lite Shark Flip” (SEGA). Reproduction by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Baywatch%20Lite%20Shark%20Flip%20Insert.%20Reproduction%20Mikonos1.jpg
Baywatch Lite Shark Flip Insert. Reproduction Mikonos1.jpg

+ I found original font.
+ 99% accuracy of this designing in my opinion.

..and y repro it in mylar:

“Lite Shark Flip Baywatch Pinball Insert" (SEGA) printed reproductions in mylar (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Lite%20Shark%20Flip%20Baywatch%20Pinball%20Insert%20print1.jpg
Lite Shark Flip Baywatch Pinball Insert print1.jpg

“Lite Shark Flip Baywatch Pinball Insert" (SEGA) printed reproductions in mylar (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Lite%20Shark%20Flip%20Baywatch%20Pinball%20Insert%20print2.jpg
Lite Shark Flip Baywatch Pinball Insert print2.jpg

Greetings

#658 5 months ago

So I’ve been working on my MA and realized I may have an extra ROM in my game that doesn’t need to be there.
Can anyone confirm if there are supposed to be 3 sound roms in the sound board?
Or do I need to move my rom in U20 to U21 on the CPU board.
This “extra rom” may explain why I do t get the “bong” sound at startup.

4A9B4604-F01B-47B3-BA49-8BA6C4A8D2B0 (resized).jpegD4204D0B-6693-4315-B29D-9030DB028FCC (resized).jpeg
#659 5 months ago

I think sometimes people use smaller roms that require 3 chips instead of 2.

#660 5 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

I think sometimes people use smaller roms that require 3 chips instead of 2.

Good to know! Thank you!

#661 5 months ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Good to know! Thank you!

I have 2 roms at top. I'm missing 3rs one on right. All others match. Game plays fine.

I really need the right swoosh ramp switch if someone has a spare? Mine is a Frankenstein hybrid bracket that floats one one side.
Just spent 4 hours fixing, cleaning and enjoying game today.

#662 5 months ago

No no no. The explaination is that information on sound ROMs for MA is wrong in both the WMS Zip and the PinMAME Zip available.

I went through it with a fine comb and everything is layed out in post #627.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome/page/13#post-5549571

Not easy to explain. Unfortunetly. But have a look at it.

Bottom line. Your U20 ROM is redundant. Installed by mistake.

#663 5 months ago
Quoted from soren:

No no no. The explaination is that information on sound ROMs for MA is wrong in both the WMS Zip and the PinMAME Zip available.
I went through it with a fine comb and everything is layed out in post #627.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome/page/13#post-5549571
Not easy to explain. Unfortunetly. But have a look at it.
Bottom line. Your U20 ROM is redundant. Installed by mistake.

I will remove it and see how the game plays and get back to everyone. Thanks for this additional insight Soren!!!

#664 5 months ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I will remove it and see how the game plays and get back to everyone. Thanks for this additional insight Soren!!!

Pulled the chip.
Game still plays/sounds the same.
(Thanks Soren!)

But still no startup “bong” sound when I turn it on.

Wondering if the Flipper Fidelity speaker system I have installed is causing the game to not “bong” because it has its own amplifier (I believe) for the woofer.

BTW- Flipper Fidelity speakers in MA sound amazing and really brighten up the music and provide such better sound clarity.

#665 5 months ago

The classic "bong" is a WPC thing. The system 11 games play a short snip of the sound track (plus operator message when so). So it is a game individual thing. And I will not rule out that some games omit this entirely.

On MA it is four notes.

The alternative speaker/amplifier installed might be the reason. At least it can be explained by an amplifier that is hold idle for a longer time (couple of seconds) at power on. Not saying that is the case here.

#666 5 months ago
Quoted from soren:

The classic "bong" is a WPC thing. The system 11 games play a short snip of the sound track (plus operator message when so). So it is a game individual thing. And I will not rule out that some games omit this entirely.
On MA it is four notes.
The alternative speaker/amplifier installed might be the reason. At least it can be explained by an amplifier that is hold idle for a longer time (couple of seconds) at power on. Not saying that is the case here.

This is awesome info. Thank you again Soren!

#667 5 months ago

Coincidently today I noticed that my Radical bongs. So I guess it was introduced late Sys11s.

#668 5 months ago
Quoted from soren:

Coincidently today I noticed that my Radical bongs. So I guess it was introduced late Sys11s.

My MA manual talks about the “bongs” so I’m guessing they should be there but since the game plays/sounds perfect I’ll assume the lack of a startup bong is because I have aftermarket speakers that have an amplified woofer.
Been tinkering with my MA the past few weeks of furlough and learning a ton about system 11 boards. Good stuff!

3 weeks later
#669 5 months ago

Just joined the club, a few questions.

1. Center drain post. I understand this was drilled but not installed from the factory. Mine was installed, but I was finding the ball times to be a bit long. I removed it. I don't want to permanently fill the hole in case the next owner wants the post. Is there an appropriate plug? It is a wood thread post.

2. Playfield is pretty well worn. Judging by the condition of the rest of the game I think it was a botched mylar removal. What a shame. Are there any overlays or decals available?

3. Game ROM. What version is best? I breezed through this thread and and saw people going back and forth between a couple official versions, a tournament version (?) and a software mod version (same as tournament?). One of mine is marked Proto3, I'm guessing this isn't the one I want. Judging by the serial I don't think this is a prototype game.

Thanks!

2020-05-23 22.09.46 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.44.40 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.44.46 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.44.54 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.45.44 (resized).jpg
#670 5 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Just joined the club, a few questions.
1. Center drain post. I understand this was drilled but not installed from the factory. Mine was installed, but I was finding the ball times to be a bit long. I removed it. I don't want to permanently fill the hole in case the next owner wants the post. Is there an appropriate plug? It is a wood thread post.
2. Playfield is pretty well worn. Judging by the condition of the rest of the game I think it was a botched mylar removal. What a shame. Are there any overlays or decals available?
3. Game ROM. What version is best? I breezed through this thread and and saw people going back and forth between a couple official versions, a tournament version (?) and a software mod version (same as tournament?). One of mine is marked Proto3, I'm guessing this isn't the one I want. Judging by the serial I don't think this is a prototype game.
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine looked like yours, maybe even a little worse. Based on the wear, I think mine was a mylar-removal too, but who knows. Mine has like a little rounded black dome/circle filling in the post hole.

#671 5 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Mine looked like yours, maybe even a little worse. Based on the wear, I think mine was a mylar-removal too, but who knows. Mine has like a little rounded black dome/circle filling in the post hole.

Do you still have the game? I'd like to see the plug. Maybe it's something that can be 3D printed? I have the printer but I stink at modeling. This might be an easy project to learn on.

#672 5 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Do you still have the game? I'd like to see the plug. Maybe it's something that can be 3D printed? I have the printer but I stink at modeling. This might be an easy project to learn on.

No I don't still have mine, but I think I have at least 1 picture of the lower playfield. Mmm...let me see.

IMG_20200429_192056 (resized).jpg
#673 5 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

One of mine is marked Proto3, I'm guessing this isn't the one I want.

I am VERY interested in the content of that ROM. Well first off, sometimes these stickers are not correct. So it might be a later software rev. But if it indeed is a very early one it is of great interest. As the game was originally planned to lock balls in the mouse hole (back panel). But this was abandoned in the final version of the game.

What does your game say of rev. on the display when the menu is entered?

When you play multiball, does the game hold (more) balls in the mouse hole at some point?

I assume this mech was for the multiball jackpot (hide in the mouse hole), but it is a guess. I would be great to have it confirmed by early software having a sketch of this implemented.

#674 5 months ago
Quoted from soren:

I am VERY interested in the content of that ROM. Well first off, sometimes these stickers are not correct. So it might be a later software rev. But if it indeed is a very early one it is of great interest. As the game was originally planned to lock balls in the mouse hole (back panel). But this was abandoned in the final version of the game.
What does your game say of rev. on the display when the menu is entered?
When you play multiball, does the game hold (more) balls in the mouse hole at some point?
I assume this mech was for the multiball jackpot (hide in the mouse hole), but it is a guess. I would be great to have it confirmed by early software having a sketch of this implemented.

I don't have a lot of time playing this title, but I watched a video of Bowen playing to get some tips and everything behaves the same way. It does not lock more than one ball in the mouse trap. I did get a slow roller stuck up there once that wouldn't release with ball search.

Th screen reads LA1, looks like the same one a lot of people are running.

2020-05-25 09.31.14 (resized).jpg
#675 5 months ago

Does anyone have a Good Scan of the Playfield between the slings that would print well for a decal?

#676 5 months ago

Thanks. After my post I noticed that the proto sticker was on the sound rom. And in either case, the photo proves that the game rom is LA-1.

1 week later
#677 4 months ago

I'm having an issue with the target bank motor. I see 2 parts on Marco, a motor, and a motor with a connector. The only difference appears to be the connector (and a bunch of money). Can anyone verify is this motor will work?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7941-3

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-11571-3

#678 4 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm having an issue with the target bank motor. I see 2 parts on Marco, a motor, and a motor with a connector. The only difference appears to be the connector (and a bunch of money). Can anyone verify is this motor will work?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7941-3
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-11571-3

What's the issue? Motor won't spin? Spins intermittently? I just worked out a similar problem with my motor. The connector had a bad crimp on one side. Cut the old off and recrimped 2 new terminals and it and has had no issues since then.

You can put it in motor bank test and check for voltage etc.

#679 4 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

What's the issue? Motor won't spin? Spins intermittently? I just worked out a similar problem with my motor. The connector had a bad crimp on one side. Cut the old off and recrimped 2 new terminals and it and has had no issues since then.
You can put it in motor bank test and check for voltage etc.

The motor would work in test, then sound bad, and eventually error and stop. I bought the cheap Marco motor. I will report back if it works.

#680 4 months ago

I can confirm the $31 motor appears to be exactly the same as the $75 one minus the connector. I crimped on a couple round pins, reused the old housing and everything seems to be running perfectly.

2020-06-10 19.47.33 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#681 4 months ago

Just picked up a Mousin today.

This one came with the “100” bumper caps

Anyone know where I can get the yellow ones without the mouse logo?

Can anyone recommend a good cleaner or method to clean the playfield and side art?

Thanks in advance

#682 4 months ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Can anyone recommend a good cleaner or method to clean the playfield and side art?
Thanks in advance

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8254-16

#684 4 months ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Thank you. Odd it doesn’t show up on the compatible game list

Yeah, it's a pretty standard part. It seems like from about 1988-89 onwards, all the Bally/Williams pretty much use shared components. And things like pop bumper caps and flasher domes, and stuff like that is all the same even well into the 90's. My Johnny Mnemonic ('95) has a lot of the same exact parts as my Whirlwind ('90) and my Mousin' Around ('89), some of them just in different colors.

#685 4 months ago

Were the “100” bumper caps on Mousin factory installed or just an after market replacement if the originals broke?

#686 4 months ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Were the “100” bumper caps on Mousin factory installed or just an after market replacement if the originals broke?

Aftermarket.

#687 4 months ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Thanks in advance

Was that the one in Port Jervis?

#689 3 months ago

The machine I picked up has the battery holder installed on the side.

Does it matter which direction the batteries are installed?

B7398F8F-0CC8-48A4-8F22-C0A2214A430D (resized).jpegF70B9553-2ED1-4984-9445-5986802CAF72 (resized).jpeg

#690 3 months ago

Yes! Isn't there a positive and negative designation? Did it have old batteries in it?

#691 3 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Yes! Isn't there a positive and negative designation? Did it have old batteries in it?

It did. I took 2 of them out before realizing I should have checked the position.

I’ll have to take another look. I’m wondering if the batteries all go in the same direction or are staggered.

#692 3 months ago

There are several of these bulbs in the backbox and on the playfield.

Anyone know exactly how many are on the playfield?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable replacement?

Thank you

68DBD4DF-D030-4678-8159-34A7D83F90FE (resized).jpeg

#694 3 months ago

Hahahaha. I literally just pulled the same link to send the OP.

Op- I recommend reading through this manual to get familiar with your game.
Has info about the bulbs, rubber parts, mechanicals and more.

#695 3 months ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Hahahaha. I literally just pulled the same link to send the OP.
Op- I recommend reading through this manual to get familiar with your game.
Has info about the bulbs, rubber parts, mechanicals and more.

Exactly, lots of good stuff there, and I don't even own a Mousin yet!

#696 3 months ago

The flippers that came from the factory were the shorter or longer ones?

#697 3 months ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

They came with the yellow bally ribbed flippers.. I've heard those were longer; never measured myself.

#698 3 months ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I recommend these.
I have them on mine.
The yellow "sliced cheese" look compliments the game as well.
Also recommend yellow flipper rubber.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-6

#699 3 months ago

Just to clarify, am I correct in saying that the LED's circled in the backbox and the 13v bayonet playfield bulbs are flashers?

d106db0bf5f4598c1f80efdde9b8d6226ae8a68a (resized).jpg

C0CA1D38-0190-4BF9-83EC-D9D2EF1BAF53 (resized).jpeg

#700 3 months ago

With Mousin around I recommend using incandescent flashers. Not LEDs.
That’s what I did and I like the results.
However I did use LEDs on the GI and inserts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
New Hartford, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kittery, ME
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 66.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
There are 814 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside