(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 21.
#451 6 years ago

How did insert behave with the mylar removal ? Mine is quite ok but mylar is not my cup of tea

#452 6 years ago

Really well. No art was lost at all. Just make sure you use freeze method. Pull gently as you spay a lot. Have 2 cans on hand, as one was not enough for me. It's better to use more, than risk pulling decal on insets. I've used the heat method before on my Elvira pin, and right off the bat it started pulling decal on inserts, which at that point I switched to freez method, and everything was fine. That's just my experience. Once you remove, you'll see how cloudy the Mylar was, and no more air pockets on inserts. It looks awesome.

#453 6 years ago

At that point you have 3 options. Clear, Mylar, or leave as is. Clear is the best choice, if you have the means. If not you can re-Mylar, which I haven't done before, but thinking of doing. Or just clean and wax, which is just fine in home environment, but I feel like the ball movement is a bit slower. More friction between ball and playfield wood, than Mylar, or clear. Since I don't have a way to clear, I'm thinking of trying Mylar.

#454 6 years ago

Thanks a lot,
i've used heat method with success on my judge dredd. i'm not a fan of cold method, but more because of the use of cans just for that, not really ecological method

#455 6 years ago

I think system 11 playfields are more prone to having issues when heat is being used. In the past, I have used heat to remove some Mylar on white water without any issues. May want to do more research on this before using heat.

#456 6 years ago

Can someone take a picture of their cheese light wiring. I tried to trouble shoot my second E and have no luck. It still plays correct just won’t light and I have switched bulbs.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Can someone take a picture of their cheese light wiring. I tried to trouble shoot my second E and have no luck. It still plays correct just won’t light and I have switched bulbs.</blockquot
Look at the tech chart, i believe that is in the lamp matrix, you can then look and see what pin it is to check wirie continuity

#458 6 years ago

Are cabinet decals available for mousin around ???
Thanks

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Are cabinet decals available for mousin around ???
Thanks

PPS said they were going to get made , nothing so far...

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Can someone take a picture of their cheese light wiring. I tried to trouble shoot my second E and have no luck. It still plays correct just won’t light and I have switched bulbs.

mousin1 (resized).jpgmousin1 (resized).jpg

mousin2 (resized).jpgmousin2 (resized).jpg

#461 6 years ago

Thanks for the pictures. I thought mine may have been wired wrong. Now it’s time
To trace the wires.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Thanks for the pictures. I thought mine may have been wired wrong. Now it’s time
To trace the wires.

You need to use a jump wire and get power from another working light.

#463 6 years ago

I’ll try that again. I am thinking the capacitor might be bad, can I replace that on that mini board?

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

I’ll try that again. I am thinking the capacitor might be bad, can I replace that on that mini board?

Do you have a wire with alligator clips on each end? I would try some jumpers and see what happens. I know who used to own that game and that light board was looked over by a professional. It should not be the board.

Did you get the coindoor parts? I am the one who shipped those to you.

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Do you have a wire with alligator clips on each end? I would try some jumpers and see what happens. I know who used to own that game and that light board was looked over by a professional. It should not be the board.
Did you get the coindoor parts? I am the one who shipped those to you.

I did, thanks so much. I love the machine put new targets in and it looks great. I tried but i am not 100% sure what i am doing yet.

Yeah ptrav told me he was looking for the culprit. I am going to trace wires tonight and see what I can find.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

I did, thanks so much. I love the machine put new targets in and it looks great. I tried but i am not 100% sure what i am doing yet.
Yeah ptrav told me he was looking for the culprit. I am going to trace wires tonight and see what I can find.

It is a really fun pin. As you get further along in the hobby you will want some deeper, newer, faster games. Great first pin!

#467 6 years ago

Woohoo I fixed it with a jumper
Now I need to rewire.

#468 6 years ago

Was working on some metal posts, and just wanted to show how nice they came out after some cleaning.image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#469 6 years ago

Of course the pics are in wrong order!

#470 6 years ago

One thing you can do when you have several pics is upload them as normal, then click the '+' sign in each thumbnail in the proper order. It will put a link in your post for each pic and they will be in the correct order.

#471 6 years ago

Cool, thanks for the tip.

#472 6 years ago

Ok so part of my playfield looks like it had a sticker put over it. Anyone know of somewhere I can get a playfield or stickers? It’s barw wood where it’s peeling, guessing it was put down over a wear spot. It’s at the top left where the mouse is, bottom of his foot.

2 weeks later
#473 6 years ago

Anyone buy cabinet decals for mousin around? Looking for a set
Thanks !!

2 months later
#474 5 years ago

I installed a Playfield Protector on Mouin' Around. It had to be cut to accommodate the two cheese locks, but that was OK.
I am having a problem with the lip of the protector and the shooter lane, as sometimes it makes the ball bounce and even get stuck in the shooter lane gate. Anyone had more success?

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I installed a Playfield Protector on Mouin' Around. It had to be cut to accommodate the two cheese locks, but that was OK.
I am having a problem with the lip of the protector and the shooter lane, as sometimes it makes the ball bounce and even get stuck in the shooter lane gate. Anyone had more success?

I have one for Whirlwind that I've never put in due to the same concern........

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anyone buy cabinet decals for mousin around? Looking for a set
Thanks !!

Contact pinsider 'jbyrum' for a set. If he still prints them.

1 month later
#477 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a ball gate assembly (left ramp entry, part number A-13288) for Mousin Around?

#478 5 years ago

Hey guys,

hopefully someone can help me with a simple rules question

above the top rollovers that advance the bonus multiplier on the right there's a gate. this gate keeps the initial plunge above the rollovers and can be opened by a solenoid.

on my mousin around that gate is open the entire time a ball is in play.

i thought it was only supposed to be open momentarily when hitting the left loop? (aka trap lane)

can anyone confirm? all you have to do is start a game and plunge and watch that gate while the ball goes into play. thanks.

#479 5 years ago

Back in the club as of yesterday. My second time owning the game. My old one had a center post and my new one has no post but a hole for one. Should I add it.

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Back in the club as of yesterday. My second time owning the game. My old one had a center post and my new one has no post but a hole for one. Should I add it.

no

1 week later
#481 5 years ago

Hello guys,

my mousin is gone is gone. but that's temporary ^^
check this out, hope it gonna gets a lot of love at the hospital
https://www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr/en/2018/07/05/thisisreal/

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Up to you really. I got mine and it had the post in the original bag still. I played a few games and although it plays fast, ball times seem long enough and fair that I decided not to add it. Mess around for a few days and see if you feel like you need it. Easy swap in and out either way though!

1 week later
#483 5 years ago

Mine still has the aa batteries, what are my options for eliminating them? Links?

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Wisker:

Mine still has the aa batteries, what are my options for eliminating them? Links?

You can just remote batterie the cpu. Device with dummy batteries and terminals and you velcrow to side, and wires go to it. I have several if you want one. You will have to wait a few days till i get home. I can send pics then to. At airport checking pinside. I love that pinside is global!

#485 5 years ago

Wisker : otherwise, go for Lithium AA ; no leak

#486 5 years ago

Does anyone have a rubber ring list for this game?

The manual just list sizes, and not quantities (or locations).

4 weeks later
#487 5 years ago

I'm looking for a replacement set of ramps for Mousin' Around. Does anyone have any to sell or know where I can buy them?

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from phltolax69:

I'm looking for a replacement set of ramps for Mousin' Around. Does anyone have any to sell or know where I can buy them?

Thats a very good question!
Let me know if you find Two sets.

2 months later
#489 5 years ago

i am a new proud owner of a former used MA. Been doing LEDs today.
Got a question: how do i reach/replace the light in the toplevel of the playingfield (million letters ad jackpot).
I cant reach them, not thru the backboxdropping and trying to reach them there and not when uplifting the playfield.
anyone a got tip?

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from Erwinver:

i am a new proud owner of a former used MA. Been doing LEDs today.
Got a question: how do i reach/replace the light in the toplevel of the playingfield (million letters ad jackpot).
I cant reach them, not thru the backboxdropping and trying to reach them there and not when uplifting the playfield.
anyone a got tip?

Backboxdropping??
I think this is what i was going to suggest.
Lower head(top) down to playfield, Now you may more room.
I had to remove playfield on BTTF to do the back panel. May be same here.

#491 5 years ago

I removed my playfield when I was shopping it/changing bulbs. That’s the easiest way. Plus, that’s also a good time to clean the mechanical stuff back there. I guarantee there will be a bit of buildup.

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I removed my playfield when I was shopping it/changing bulbs. That’s the easiest way. Plus, that’s also a good time to clean the mechanical stuff back there. I guarantee there will be a bit of buildup.

how do i remove the playing field, disconnect all the connectorsand then lift it from the brackets?

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Erwinver:

how do i remove the playing field, disconnect all the connectorsand then lift it from the brackets?

Correct. Label all the connectors going through the head into the cabinet. Then disconnect them.
Then I lifted mine straight up and out and gently leaned it up against my game and worked on all those hard to reach sections.
Oh, and lay a towel over the side of your cabinet before leaning the playfield against it just to prevent scratches to the side artwork.

#494 5 years ago

Id like to join your Club, If anyone know where there is a Mousin Around for sale in / around PA? Broken/non working machine ok, but working ok too.

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Backboxdropping??
I think this is what i was going to suggest.
Lower head(top) down to playfield, Now you may more room.
I had to remove playfield on BTTF to do the back panel. May be same here.

Hmm. I just lift my playfield up a little and I'm able to feel for the bulb sockets and twist them in and out. You might have to hold with one hand and remove with the other.

2 weeks later
#496 5 years ago

I have a question for other Mousin' Around owners.

When watching this tutorial:

at around 6:35, the balls are ejected from the traps for multiball.

When the ball is ejected from the left trap, it seems to be directed towards the pop bumpers rather than coming straight down towards the flippers.
This happens at other points in the video as well. Is this normal?

My machine always sends the ball directly at the flippers (often STDM) making for a very difficult multiball. I do have a yellow rubber post near that spot, but it rarely affects the ball at all, and certainly not to the extreme amount shown in the video.

Any ideas/comments?

#497 5 years ago

Is there any interest in reproduction Ball Eater bracket. I have designed it based from a great condition never used NOS assembly. It would be solid laser sintered 3D printed solid nylon.

Shapeways would make them as one offs in Black and Blue for Mousin Around and Secret Service games.

Due to the size the price works out roughly at $70USD from Shapeways.

Would people pay for this?

Ball Eater (resized).pngBall Eater (resized).png

#498 5 years ago

Swinks... I've owned 2 MA's. One had both sides cracked (still functional tho)... the other game both were solid.

With the amazing glues available, I'd probably glue a cracked / broken one first. IMHO: At $70 each, for me that seems like alot of $$$.

Thanks!
Kerry (one of your past happy customers

#499 5 years ago

yeah, it isn't cheap but Shapeways has a new pricing algorithm and everything is going up in price so that is out of my control unfortunately.

thanks for your thoughts though, much appreciated.

#500 5 years ago

Finally managed to join the club with this super nice example after years of looking, happy days
20181129_200022 (resized).jpg20181129_200022 (resized).jpg20181129_200015 (resized).jpg20181129_200015 (resized).jpg20181129_193442_001 (resized).jpg20181129_193442_001 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome/page/10?hl=balaraform and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.