(Topic ID: 52019)

Do You Want To Know More? SST Owners club; Past, Present and Future.

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20231006_022955822.jpg
1 (resized).jpg
20230413_173314 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
5C6A0A5F-B206-4427-9993-0B4FA7F572B2 (resized).jpeg
00F845F0-301A-4F9A-B504-FE93FC751FCD (resized).jpeg
6BBA3CFA-EEF7-4777-A58E-2DC7291A551A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
IMG_2516 (resized).JPG
1672430856184 (resized).jpg
1672430856162 (resized).jpg
PXL_20221230_193832467.jpg
PXL_20221230_193852600.jpg
IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
IMG_2509 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bloodycactus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

I only have one rule... everyone plays no one walk away before the last ball drains!

ownsers unite!

3 weeks later
#50 10 years ago

and who knows how many were junked and destroyed.

#77 10 years ago

i usually hit orbit multiball as my #1 goal in ball one. pretty easy to achieve.

your 99.99% guaranteed on ball 3 to get any of the two multiball modes by just hitting the scoop.

#92 10 years ago

should be identical to the other two flippers. hard to tell on my tablet, is the eos switch back to front?

#98 10 years ago

de/sega/stern use pwm on the flippers so eos is not required

#101 10 years ago

someone needs to mod this for a moment ferret chasing grub multiball

1 week later
#113 10 years ago

is there any known bugs in the last released rom?

1 week later
#123 10 years ago

the eos on the mini flipper is not hooked up.

uh.. what do you mean your flipper rebuilds are greased??

#126 10 years ago

they greased em? oh man that sucks.

4 weeks later
#151 10 years ago

just a little PSA, if anyone is looking to update roms, original 27C010 UV ceramic chips rare and expensive, but replacement ATMEL AT27C010-70's are cheap from mouser, sku 556-AT27C01070PU in DIP. they work perfectly and only cost about $2.50. These are newly mfg'd so you dont have to worry about old stock ceramics failing.

flashing to 2.10 worked perfectly for me.

#153 10 years ago

if you go from a 1.x to a 2.x CPU rom you also need to update your display rom from a 1.x to the 2.00 display rom. the major version of display + cpu must match.

cpu rom is a 128k, display is a 512, so thats probably a 556-AT27C04070PU, 70ns 5v. I'd have to double check.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

My display I think is something like 2.01. But the sticker on my CPU ROM says 1.01. Either way, is it worth upgrading CPU to 2.01? Haven't really noticed any bugs yet.

I think the display rom only goes up to 2.00, if there is a 2.01, its not on the stern sight, their archive has the 2.01 cpu and 2.00 display roms.

surprised that a 2.x display rom works with a 1.x cpu rom. they are supposed to stay in lockstep on major version, but that is not to say it wont work tho. I guess its more a reccomendation than a requirement.

2 weeks later
#158 10 years ago

in the middle of a game today with the new 2.01 CPU rom, and ran into the same bug I found in 2.00 so its still there

how to find it.

- complete orbit lock 1 (3 lit orbit shots)
- 99% complete orbit lock 2 (you want to be 1 ball away from the final orbit lock) (2 lit orbit shots).
- kill all the bugs to start the 5 mill scoop hurry up countdown
- hit third orbit lock shot to start orbit multiball
- after multiball ends, the scoop timer hurry up will re-appear
- no hit to scoop will register, it just kicks back out so you cant get bonus.

I have not hit the nukes saucer whilst in this bug to know if the saucer registers.

3 months later
#164 10 years ago

I did a complete overhaul/replacement of all three flipper mechs on mine. First thing I ever did on a pin. I dont recall there being anything else to remove or make things hard.

the flasher domes just rotate and come out the slots. very simple. keep turning them until the tabs line up and they should wiggle out just fine.

1 month later
#174 10 years ago

Im trying to build a new 7seg board from the schematics in the manual. I've found a blue led but it was expensive and from what I remember, needed more voltage than what was being output to the board.

my board has a cold solder joint that makes one of the lines go out... next thing I know I'm messing in Eagle.

I do find it strange as each colour requires different transistors, and this is multiplexed so same transistor is used on all 4 segments..

so how did you do 3 different colours on the same multiplexed lines?

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Sounds like you chose the wrong type of display.....

well blue require more voltage than green and red, and each different color requires different resistors values, I guess I dont get how your running four colors with 4 different voltages with 4 different sets of 8 resistor values, when the original board just matrixed the 8 input lines and 8 outputs lines to display each individual.

when I went over digikey or mouser I found a blue fitting the correct size but the required voltage was way out there compared to the green + red I found.

Im just an ameture at this so probably reading the schematic wrong, your board obviously works and looks great.

Quoted from mattosborn:

If nobody is interested in buying one, then I won't bother to make any (I'm perfectly happy with what I've got in my game right now).

I'd be interested depending on price to replace my flakey board!

1 year later
#277 8 years ago

SEGA Pinball
Production Software Change Notice

SST

DEC 04, 1997 First release. VERSION 1.00
CPU: SSTCPU.100 CHECKSUM: $72FF

DEC 05, 1997 2ND release. VERSION 1.01
CPU: SSTCPU.101 CHECKSUM: $2BFF
1. FIXED KICKCODE HANGUP- WHICH LOCKED UP TROFF
2. CHANGED JON NORRIS' DEFAULT FACE TO SKULL

DEC 22, 1997 3RD release. VERSION 2.00
CPU: SSTCPU.200 CHECKSUM: $85FF

1. ADDED BACKGROUND MUSIC ADJUST FOR ENGLAND
2. FIXED M.B. JACKPOTS STAYING ON IF BALLS DRAIN
AS M.B. BALL SAVER ENDING.

#279 8 years ago

if you do upgrade to a v2 rom, you have do update the rom on the dmd, the display rom must also be a v2 rom.

there is a couple of bugs in the latest v2 roms as well.

1 month later
#294 8 years ago

mine has an unwired switch

3 weeks later
#338 8 years ago

mini flipper has no eos wiring. its correct.

2 months later
#394 7 years ago
Quoted from refried:

Has anyone else noticed this bug in the firmware? I'm running 2.01.
If you complete a planet then start orbit multiball before you collect the hurry up, when the hurry up continues after the multiball, you can't collect it. The advance planet and nuke scoop lights are out. Only after the hurry up ends can you collect either one. I've hit it several times and it frustrates me. I guess I need to pick my shots better to avoid this situation.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sst-software-bug

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bloodycactus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-know-more-sst-owners-club-past-present-and-future?tu=bloodycactus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.