(Topic ID: 52019)

Do You Want To Know More? SST Owners club; Past, Present and Future.

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20231006_022955822.jpg
1 (resized).jpg
20230413_173314 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
5C6A0A5F-B206-4427-9993-0B4FA7F572B2 (resized).jpeg
00F845F0-301A-4F9A-B504-FE93FC751FCD (resized).jpeg
6BBA3CFA-EEF7-4777-A58E-2DC7291A551A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
IMG_2516 (resized).JPG
1672430856184 (resized).jpg
1672430856162 (resized).jpg
PXL_20221230_193832467.jpg
PXL_20221230_193852600.jpg
IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
IMG_2509 (resized).JPG
There are 846 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 1 year ago

My first mod

20221026_173834 (resized).jpg20221026_173834 (resized).jpg20221026_173843 (resized).jpg20221026_173843 (resized).jpg20221026_173907 (resized).jpg20221026_173907 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#802 1 year ago

Just received my cabinet yesterday and already love it! Glad to be part of the squad!
20221108_184511 (resized).jpg20221108_184511 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#803 1 year ago

Hi!
Does anyone know where to buy the cherry switches for the brainbug mech? The ones registering up/down position, I cant seem to find it anywhere. In the manual it says: Limit switch (cherry #E33-90N) 180-5165-00 , but i get no git on that last part number.

1 week later
#804 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hi!
Does anyone know where to buy the cherry switches for the brainbug mech? The ones registering up/down position, I cant seem to find it anywhere. In the manual it says: Limit switch (cherry #E33-90N) 180-5165-00 , but i get no git on that last part number.

Here is the switch available.

https://pinball-parts.shop/kategoriesuche/spielfeldteile/mikroschalter/29640/mikroschalter

#806 1 year ago

Of all the games I've ever sold, I miss this one the most. What a great game!!!!!

#807 1 year ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Of all the games I've ever sold, I miss this one the most. What a great game!!!!!

I agree. I looked forever for a High end style..and never found.

#808 1 year ago

Added Speakerlights and Acrylics
Thanks Doug

20221201_234135 (resized).jpg20221201_234135 (resized).jpg20221201_234142 (resized).jpg20221201_234142 (resized).jpg20221201_234253 (resized).jpg20221201_234253 (resized).jpg
#809 1 year ago

I Just installed a pair of lighted flipper button I won at a tournament and a happy accident occurred.

I didn't re-adjust the left flipper switch and it was closed when I started a game. IMG_2509 (resized).JPGIMG_2509 (resized).JPG

So I adjusted the switch properly and held it in while starting and got "League Game Selected" so far when I destroyed bugs on the planet, if I got it into the "Arm Nukes" saucer on the left, it was a 4 ball multi-ball

So I tried the right flipper button held in while starting a game and got "Wizard Game Selected" IMG_2511 (resized).JPGIMG_2511 (resized).JPG two ball multi-ball on "Arm Nukes" saucer so far (same as standard game)

Nothing different on the 3'rd flipper button for the "Pinky flipper"

I wondering first if I should get another lighted button for 3'rd button

Next I'm wondering what differences in all the game modes

#810 1 year ago

I've owned my game for years and never found these. Ill have to try "wizard game" and see what the differences are. Thanks!

#811 1 year ago

Page 3 in the manual states:

"Starting League/Tournament Play

After credit is posted, while holding in the LEFT
FLIPPER BUTTON, press the START BUTTON.
League Play has now begun. The differences
between Normal Game Play and League/Tournament
Play are: There is no “auto-percentaging" (awarding
extra balls, specials, etc. to players with very low
scores on the second or third ball). Mystery Features
are awarded in a set order rather than random in
Normal Game Play. Percentage Game Features are
not automatically advanced as they are for the Regular Play Features.

Starting Pinball Wizard Play

After credit is posted while holding in the RIGHT
FLIPPER BUTTON, press the START BUTTON.
Pinball Wizard Play has now begun. The same as
League/Tournament Play, but oooooooh! so much gosh darn harder! "

... not very descriptive but who reads the manual anyways :p

3 weeks later
#812 1 year ago

Where is this switch supposed to be? I don't think it's normally sitting like this

PXL_20221230_193832467.jpgPXL_20221230_193832467.jpgPXL_20221230_193852600.jpgPXL_20221230_193852600.jpg
#813 1 year ago

In the manual is a roller actuator shown.
I hope this helps.
My machine is currently not at home to take a picture.

Greetings from germany
Jürgen

1672430856162 (resized).jpg1672430856162 (resized).jpg1672430856184 (resized).jpg1672430856184 (resized).jpg
#814 1 year ago
Quoted from RedFlash:

In the manual is a roller actuator shown.
I hope this helps.
My machine is currently not at home to take a picture.
Greetings from germany
Jürgen
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you. I'm sure sure if I can tell from the picture where it is supposed to sit

#815 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Thank you. I'm sure sure if I can tell from the picture where it is supposed to sit

the actuator on that switch is supposed to be a roller , the one there looks like the switch above the pop bumpers for the left ramp

IMG_2515 (resized).JPGIMG_2515 (resized).JPGIMG_2516 (resized).JPGIMG_2516 (resized).JPG
#816 1 year ago

correct switch ( according to parts manual)

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12693-06

wrong pic ..but of the ramp posted above :p
IMG_2517 (resized).JPGIMG_2517 (resized).JPG

#817 1 year ago
Quoted from chas10e:

the actuator on that switch is supposed to be a roller , the one there looks like the switch above the pop bumpers for the left ramp[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much for those pictures. This game has so many hacks on it.

1 month later
#818 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
Was wondering if anyone here had a set of the backbox swing arms you’d be willing to part with. I’d really appreciate it!
Let me know!

00F845F0-301A-4F9A-B504-FE93FC751FCD (resized).jpeg00F845F0-301A-4F9A-B504-FE93FC751FCD (resized).jpeg5C6A0A5F-B206-4427-9993-0B4FA7F572B2 (resized).jpeg5C6A0A5F-B206-4427-9993-0B4FA7F572B2 (resized).jpeg6BBA3CFA-EEF7-4777-A58E-2DC7291A551A (resized).jpeg6BBA3CFA-EEF7-4777-A58E-2DC7291A551A (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#819 1 year ago

One of my favorites!

Questions: are the flashers in the pop bumper area used? Do not cycle in all flashers test.

Does anyone make a start game decal for the lockdown bar?

Thanks!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#820 1 year ago
Quoted from CraigC:

One of my favorites!
Questions: are the flashers in the pop bumper area used? Do not cycle in all flashers test.
Does anyone make a start game decal for the lockdown bar?
Thanks!![quoted image]

Do you mean the Red, Green, Yellow & Blue flashers ? They should should all flash in flash test mode.

The lenses can be challenging to remove then replace to access the #906 lamps but gets easier as you figure one out.

They are mostly just an aesthetic feature as opposed to an indicator lamp.

EDIT:
I first thought the start decal was something some operator installed for n00bs ....

but

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-6177-00

#821 1 year ago

Thanks, I figured out that first I had a bad tip 102 and then the LED flashers just weren’t working. It’s completely fine with the incandescent bulbs now.

Thanks on the sticker. This is a crazy low play SST, so I assumed it was factory? I might peel it off and see how it looks.

Thanks!!

Quoted from chas10e:

Do you mean the Red, Green, Yellow & Blue flashers ? They should should all flash in flash test mode.
The lenses can be challenging to remove then replace to access the #906 lamps but gets easier as you figure one out.
They are mostly just an aesthetic feature as opposed to an indicator lamp.
EDIT:
I first thought the start decal was something some operator installed for n00bs ....
but
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-6177-00

4 weeks later
#822 1 year ago

Does anyone have a replacement Starship Troopers playfield available?

Added 12 months ago:

* NEVERMIND * I ended up passing on this one.

1 week later
#823 1 year ago

I recently picked up the machine that is in the first set of images in the gallery here: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/starship-troopers/gallery#&gid=1&pid=1. Probably the same one that was passed on by the above poster . I've got most everything worked out that wasn't working and all the missing bits back in there (took some things out too). However, I'm not sure how best to approach the damage on top of the led display inserts. Anyone have any thoughts? It's a shame, as the playfield is in good shape except for these two spots and the where the Super VUK lands the ball.

20230413_173314 (resized).jpg20230413_173314 (resized).jpg
#824 1 year ago
Quoted from khzevo:

I recently picked up the machine that is in the first set of images in the gallery here: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/starship-troopers/gallery#&gid=1&pid=1. Probably the same one that was passed on by the above poster . I've got most everything worked out that wasn't working and all the missing bits back in there (took some things out too). However, I'm not sure how best to approach the damage on top of the led display inserts. Anyone have any thoughts? It's a shame, as the playfield is in good shape except for these two spots and the where the Super VUK lands the ball.
[quoted image]

I've cleared small spots of playfields before with 2 part automotive clear, but those inserts have a translucent clear to partially obscure the bug counters, and I don't know how you would do that. Beyond my skill set, but maybe someone else could do something.

I've had mine for years with a cracked pop bumper cap. Looked for a replacement for a year and never found one, so I gave up and it doesn't bother me anymore. I'd say just play the game and enjoy it. It's a great game, and everything doesn't have to be perfect.

#825 1 year ago
Quoted from khzevo:

[quoted image]

clean off all of the loose paint, touch it up with frosted window paint.

Test the look on a scrap piece of clear plastic or glass.

Brush or spray:

https://www.amazon.com/s

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M5B4U4/ref=twister_B0BSR5K7C6

#826 1 year ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I've cleared small spots of playfields before with 2 part automotive clear, but those inserts have a translucent clear to partially obscure the bug counters, and I don't know how you would do that. Beyond my skill set, but maybe someone else could do something.
I've had mine for years with a cracked pop bumper cap. Looked for a replacement for a year and never found one, so I gave up and it doesn't bother me anymore. I'd say just play the game and enjoy it. It's a great game, and everything doesn't have to be perfect.

Yeah, I'm trying to do what I can without going crazy or letting cosmetics bother me. It plays fine at this point as it is.

#827 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

clean off all of the loose paint, touch it up with frosted window paint.
Test the look on a scrap piece of clear plastic or glass.
Brush or spray:
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

Thanks for the tips! I'll give that a try in the next couple weeks.

1 month later
#828 11 months ago

FYI - I'm currently making a mod to help with speaker hum/buzz on this generation of boards (Sega / Stern Whitestar). I have a Simpsons Pinball Party, and the hum was bothering me. I ended up finding this pinside discussion (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed) which describes how to make the mod and how they work. The first post on that page has a video showing the process. I have them on Simpson's and Ripley's and they help immensely. If you'd like a pair and don't have the time or tools to make them, I will ship a pair to your door for $22. If interested please direct message me as I'm not here often. Thank you

2 months later
#829 9 months ago
Quoted from khzevo:

Thanks for the tips! I'll give that a try in the next couple weeks.

so, how did it go? I have a similar issue with mine.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#830 9 months ago

I want to know more! Or rather, I need to know more
Made a separate topic for issues with the brain bug, if anyone want to chime In Id be super grateful!
Have gone over and made most of my SST work, the last remaining issues are the brain bug and some autoplunging..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starship-troopers-brain-bug-issues-1

1 month later
#831 7 months ago

New owner; have read the whole thread so here goes.

My game is properly leveled but:

* On plunging, I get about 0% "B", 40% "U" and 60% "G".
* A shot to the right orbit will almost always drain unless it is caught by the magnet.

I'm wondering if 0.0 degrees is really optimal. Any thoughts appreciated.

#832 7 months ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

* A shot to the right orbit will almost always drain unless it is caught by the magnet.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what you're trying to describe here. What is at 0.0 degrees?

The standard skill shot never really involves any "skill" on SST because the magnet just grabs the ball and drops it.

#833 7 months ago

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what you're trying to describe here. What is at 0.0 degrees?
The standard skill shot never really involves any "skill" on SST because the magnet just grabs the ball and drops it.

The side to side pitch. How do you measure yours?

#834 7 months ago

I usually go for the orbit skill shot. Hold the left flipper and plunge into the orbit hole, just past the B lane. It keeps the orbits lit for the rest of the ball.

#835 7 months ago
Quoted from refried:

I usually go for the orbit skill shot. Hold the left flipper and plunge into the orbit hole, just past the B lane. It keeps the orbits lit for the rest of the ball.

No disagreement. I just thought that the fact that the ball never rolls through the "B" lane might indicate a leveling issue.

#836 7 months ago
Quoted from Seelan:

so, how did it go? I have a similar issue with mine.

[quoted image]

I still haven't got around to it

I tested a few frosted spray paints on Plexiglas, didn't like the results I was seeing and parked the project for the summer. I'm waiting on some parts that will hopefully push me to pick this back up when they arrive (this year I hope).

2 weeks later
#837 6 months ago

Godzilla is calling. I'm gonna be selling my Sst.

Colordmd, titan rubber, LEDs (usually comet but might have some cointaker). Custom side art blades that were originally designed for me. Color bug counter display. Light mod inside brain bug.
Cabinet has wear and probably considered players condition. A couple cracked plastics but nothing major. Has had some board tunes ups with transistors and bridge rectifiers being replaced. Yellow powder coated legs.

PXL_20231006_022955822.jpgPXL_20231006_022955822.jpg
2 weeks later
#838 5 months ago

One the first point, I've now gotten "B" twice in many, many plays. "G" is more like 80%.
On the second point, I put some tape on the ball guide. Issue solved, if not elegantly. Now I can opt for the ramp skill shot

#839 5 months ago

Is there a US source for plastics or plastic protectors? I found a few, all overseas.

2 months later
#840 3 months ago

How is your Warrior bug attached? Mine was attached with black zip ties.

#841 3 months ago

How is your Warrior bug attached? Mine was attached with black zip ties.

There should be a metal plate to screw into. Here is a post that shows what your missing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-know-more-sst-owners-club-past-present-and-future/page/13#post-5718158

#842 3 months ago

Thanks, but your link was for the brain bug.

#843 3 months ago

Thanks, but your link was for the brain bug.

Wow, don't I feel like an idiot. lol I just checked mine, it's zip tied in as well. As far as I know it's never been removed.

#844 3 months ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Wow, don't I feel like an idiot. lol I just checked mine, it's zip tied in as well. As far as I know it's never been removed.

Thanks.

2 months later
#845 20 days ago

I'm thinking about the Pinsound shaker. Who's done it, and were you satisfied with the results? How hard is it to figure out a good set of cues?

#846 20 days ago

I'm thinking about the Pinsound shaker. Who's done it, and were you satisfied with the results? How hard is it to figure out a good set of cues?

My game has been in storage for 2 years and Ive never played it.

I cant wait to shop it out and add a pinsound, shaker and ColorDMD.

ITs gonna be EPIC!

If there are no built in shaker routines in the ROM, Ill make them!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 846 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-know-more-sst-owners-club-past-present-and-future/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.