(Topic ID: 274387)

Do you want auctions on Pinside?

By Daditude

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you want auction options in the Pinside marketplace?”

• Yes 157 votes
      37%
    • No 271 votes
      63%

(428 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

541B748B-30BC-4C0D-9559-2D38E75978DE (resized).jpeg
    DaringFeistyIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif
    s-l225 (resized).jpg
    29B0BA00-4CF7-440E-B207-CC55F4AB23F9 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago

Nope, shill bidding will be a big issue.

#43 3 years ago

Auction Bidding on a machine will take away all abilities to see the condition in person and cash on the glass.

Right now if I want to buy a machine, I drive over we negotiate a little, cash on the glass and tail warranty goes into effect.

Bidding, I now have to bid against other folks and most likely not seeing the machine for most people are not going to want 30 or 40 visitors tracking thru their home over the course of a week that the auction is running to view a machine, and what do the non local people do you know the same ones who will drive 6-10 hours one way to grab a machine. Will they have to do that now just for an inspection? No thanks.

People will then have to wait until the auction is over to see if they won or was knocked out by a $1.50 last minute.

If I have the cash I want to go travel, look, buy and haul it home now. This eliminates all that.

Now if I bid, win, send a deposit and condition isn't up to spec as we were led to believe and I don't buy it, is the deposit refundable without an altercation or new slander topic threads created on buyer/seller and so fourth?

Now if the buyer is selling and in the last few hours they feel the value isn't favorable for them, how do you stop shill bidding? The good o'l Hey Jimmy do me favor and bump this.....

Sorry but this seems way more problematic then it worth, these are thousands of dollars toys and for these reasons IMHO it's best to leave it as classified sale come see it and buy and take it with you or pass on it with no hard feelings.

I can honestly say I wouldn't touch any machine that is an auction for said reasons, if I 'm traveling to see , inspect and buy I don't want my personal time off wasted or the sellers time wasted for said reasons above. I like the I'm here lets get the deal done policy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-auctions-on-pinside?tu=DeathHimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.