(Topic ID: 260123)

Do you use soft flipper taps on modern games?

By ABE_FLIPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ABE_FLIPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ABE_FLIPS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello,

after playing about half a year i found it sometimes usefull to just give the ball a light flip to get the ball under controll in cradle situation, I'm not talking about flick passes. Inspired by this, I thought about using weak shots for "dangerous shots"- like targets with a high drain risk.

I found it very hard to aim with this technique, because sometimes the flipper wont move and the travel paths also seems to be different.
    It helped to route the middlefinger below the button to get a sense for the distance. I pulled it off some times, resulting in a slow ball hitting that target and it was easy to predict its path.

Anyone uses soft shots and to what extend?

#2 4 years ago

sorry, maybe my was description was bad

i found a video of the technique i was talking about, check out from 0:46 !

He calles it a LOB SHOT:
    "You tap hard (but still a tap) when the ball is exactly half way down the bat rather waiting until the ball is near the tip of the bat for a standard tap. The lob is a weak shot that bloops the ball into a "Difficult to shoot target" that sits low (like the "K" in KISS), since a lot of full powered shots would hit the slingshot when shooting low."

#4 4 years ago

Thank You, you are right I checked out his other videos and found the explaination.

Yeah I gues unreliability is the reason people dont use this technique.
    I tested some more and I still have the feeling I could benefit from it,
    even shooting with about 70% could give me some milliseconds to react faster.

Maybe a better aim and nudging technique relativizes this issue again for me in some months

#8 4 years ago

Thank You guys, I know all techniques you described and i can execute them quite well! Except the Tap pass, because i have no old games here.

My question was about using weak shots onto dangerous targets with a high drain risk.

Spyderturbo007
    I thought the tip pass is called flick pass, like mentioned in my first post

#11 4 years ago

I tested some more and i think its really interesting.

look at this super fast impossible drop catch, also done with a light tap:

here is an good example of such light shot (look at my right hand too):

and here you see me trying to hit the left bank target with this technique a few times:

the problem is the unpredictability, just a tiny bit harder or softer hit will change everything...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ABE_FLIPS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-use-soft-flipper-taps-on-modern-games?tu=ABE_FLIPS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.