(Topic ID: 320364)

Do you typically pick up your pins in person or have seller ship them?

By Wiggles

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mike_J
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jenk540i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrPaint:

I have also found that a lot of owners do not know something is not working on the machine they are selling.

Agree with that point. I have been buying and selling for more than 20 years. As a buyer I want to put my hands on the machine and feel comfortable that it is as advertised.

But as a seller I am even more concerned that the buyer have full disclosure of the condition of any game that I sell.

The furthest I’ve gone from western NC to pick up a machine is Washington DC. The furthest a buyer has come to pick up a machine from me is from California.

Driving distance doesn’t matter to me if I am happy with the deal. I am usually buying or selling very nice machines and don’t want to deal with the small potential risk of damage during shipping. I also don’t want to ship a machine and have the buyer claim that there is something wrong with it. Also easier and safest to make payment if it is cash in hand.

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from skywyatt:

That purchase was worth every mile. Machine has over 10k games on it now, love it so much! Thanks again

Really glad you and your husband are still loving the BKSOR. That was a great experience getting to meet you guys!

Encounters like that are why I prefer to sell or buy in person.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jenk540i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-typically-pick-up-your-pins-in-person-or-have-seller-ship-the-?tu=Jenk540i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.