(Topic ID: 125548)

Do you turn all your games on when you want to play?

By Minneapolispin

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kguenther6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many games on at a time?”

• All turned on. I like the ambiance. 53 votes
      43%
    • One at a time, as they are played. 69 votes
      57%

(122 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150427_192638.jpg
    20150427_192626.jpg
    20150427_191652.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Unless I have guests over, I turn on the one game that I want to play and when I'm done shut it off and turn on the next. Do you do it this way or do you turn on multiple games at a time?

#2 4 years ago

Once and a while I turn off lights and turn on all pins and I play... Other than that I show people how to turn them on and off unless there are smaller children than I leave them on...

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Unless I have guests over, I turn on the one game that I want to play and when I'm done shut it off and turn on the next. Do you do it this way or do you turn on multiple games at a time?

Same here but every once in a while I'll turn everything on and look around and enjoy the light show...after all I payed for them.

#4 4 years ago

Yes. I have them all set on a single button on a remote.

#5 4 years ago

I have remotes on the power outlets, and have three or four machines on each power board. 14 in total. Tend to switch them in in groups.

#6 4 years ago

image.jpg

#7 4 years ago

Mostly I only fire up a few pins that I'll play, but every now and then having them all on is just a sight worth seeing. So, it depends but nothing beats the soothing effect of all pins being on at the same time

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Yes. I have them all set on a single button on a remote.

Quoted from dendoc:

I have remotes on the power outlets, and have three or four machines on each power board. 14 in total. Tend to switch them in in groups.

What type of remote do you use???

#9 4 years ago

Being that my games are in three different rooms in my house plus more in the garage, it would be rather foolish to go around and turn them all on just to play one. I think.

#10 4 years ago

I always turn on all my games. All one of them.

#11 4 years ago

It takes me 5 minutes to turn on all my games. So no. Only a few at a time.

rd.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

I think your underestimating the time it would take to turn on 108 games!

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

108 games all turned on would be like the Griswald's Christmas meter box.

#14 4 years ago

Not usually all but usually more than one. It really was not a choice in poll. So I can't play

#15 4 years ago

I turn them all on

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

What type of remote do you use???

image.jpg

#17 4 years ago

I have wondered that about John's Arcade.
    Does he power the whole basement on just to play a single game?
    We have seen his switches at the top of the stairs.

#18 4 years ago

I turn all of mine on, it makes me feel like I'm in Aladdins Castle again!

#19 4 years ago

Nope, I'm not a wasteful person. Power draw on pins is very high, and what's the point if you're only playing one at a time? Save the planet.

#20 4 years ago

i run a touchscreen for my games, i can choose all on or pick each one , most of the time i choose all on!!

#21 4 years ago
    #22 4 years ago
    Quoted from cyclone1234:

i run a touchscreen for my games, i can choose all on or pick each one , most of the time i choose all on!!

Can you post a picture of the touchscreen? This sound interesting.

#23 4 years ago

I turn on the one I want to play. When I'm done I leave it on and go to the next. I'll usually end up with a few turned on by the time I'm done playing.

Sometimes I'll turn them all on, it depends on the evening and how much time I have.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

Drove somewhat close to your place week before last. Stayed @ Treetops in Rotorua.
    Had a fantastic time, hope to return to do the South island someday. LOVED New Zealand!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Same here but every once in a while I'll turn everything on and look around and enjoy the light show...after all I payed for them.

This is usually what I do as well.

#27 4 years ago

One at a time unless I have guests over.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

Can you post a picture of the touchscreen? This sound interesting.

i haven't done what he is talking about, but it would be easy-peasy using insteon stuff...

#29 4 years ago

Mine are all on a remote switch so it is 1 button press to turn them all on/off. I prefer the ambiance of having the whole room lit up, even if I'm only going to play 1 game.

#30 4 years ago

One at a time unless guest are over.

#31 4 years ago

If I'm only going for a game or two on one machine, then it is the only one I turn on. If I plan on spending an hour in the game room or have friends over, then they all go on.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

Bragger

Only one(s) I'm playing. All if friends come over.

#33 4 years ago

I have to turn them all on. I mean I only have three pins but everything else must go on as well. I can see if you have 108 but I need them on to simulate an arcade. It just seems dead when only one machine is lit up. I think I would do this up to a point. What that threshold is I have yet to find out.

#34 4 years ago

Had my electrician wire up the outlets on one was to a light switch.. When I walk in I hit the switch they all come on.. Fuck my electric bill

#35 4 years ago

Usually just the one next to the one I'm playing. It feels dark and weird not having it on.

#36 4 years ago

I leave ACDC on a good 1-3 hours while I am in here. The SS setups now are so efficient with minimal heat buildup in the backbox, I just don't worry about it anymore.

The B/W games I am a bit more strict on. I turn them on to play, and then leave them off. Some of the circuit components in there go 150-200 deg Farenheit; I don't like that kind of heat going for too long.

#37 4 years ago

Nothing like a Pinball Machine lit up in a dark room. I think the reason I am in this hobby is due to looking awestruck at a Northstar lit up in a bowling alley in "65. I wanted to be Bart Starr and I wanted to play that machine!!! Oh the days of my youth. FYI...I light them all up!!!

#38 4 years ago

I turn on the one's I'm going to play. Sometimes one, sometimes all....and anything in between.

#39 4 years ago

One at a time even with guests. I have enough games that some of them might not get played even with a few friends over. I suppose I could try the ambiance thing sometime now that I have an auxiliary air conditioner in the game room. No amount of games and people can overheat that room now!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from snowvictim:

Power draw on pins is very high, and what's the point if you're only playing one at a time? Save the planet.

Maybe if you're throwing a party.

However, installing a separate 200 amp breaker box will run you over $2K.

#41 4 years ago

I only have 3 at home, so I prefer to have them all on when I play. Generally, I will get pissed/mad/annoyed/verbally hostile with a machine and move on to another one.

#42 4 years ago

Heres my screen, its xantech, I run the outlet strips made by them which take ir codes , six outlets per strip , can find them on eBay sometimes for a 100.....the screens if you are lucky can find them for 100 used on eBay, my buddy does the programming with dragon software , i run one in my movie room also they work great20150427_191652.jpg

#43 4 years ago

I also run 3 tvs in the bar area of the basement all off ir flashers like a remote from the screen , control them all or each one ...ie zone 1 ..2 ...3

#44 4 years ago

heres a screen out of the wall i picked up new for 75 bucks on eBay ...bought 2 20150427_192638.jpg20150427_192626.jpg

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from snowvictim:

Nope, I'm not a wasteful person. Power draw on pins is very high, and what's the point if you're only playing one at a time? Save the planet.

I was actually thinking about your comment last night. I'm about to do a cleanup and LED conversion on my Riverboat Gambler this weekend. Right now it's incandescent bulbs (with only about 5-6 LEDs). Right now, sitting on an idle, it is around 100-105 watts. About the same as a medium size fan.

During play it peaks up to about 185 watts if a bunch of things fire at once, but seemed to stay around 130-140.

I'm interested to see what this is once it is converted.

1 week later
    #46 4 years ago
    Quoted from cyclone1234:

Heres my screen, its xantech, I run the outlet strips made by them which take ir codes , six outlets per strip , can find them on eBay sometimes for a 100.....the screens if you are lucky can find them for 100 used on eBay, my buddy does the programming with dragon software , i run one in my movie room also they work great20150427_191652.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

This is very cool

#47 4 years ago

I have those $30-for-5 remote control outlets, that seems a whole lot fancier. I only turn one game on at a time generally. Half the reason I love pinball is that when I have 10 minutes to kill I can fire up a game. I rarely have the time to play for an extended session where I want all my games on, and if I did I'd probably be working on projects

#48 4 years ago

Joey316g ...your very close to me , I can help you with it if you want to do it let me no, theres a few guys I found in upper freehold that are in 2 pins and are good guys, we might get together saturday night and shoot some games at my house , let me know if your interested and i will pm you the info.

#49 4 years ago

All on, always

Love all the lights and LED-lightning.

Even if i only use the TV-Set in my gameroom, my pins are on .....

#50 4 years ago

Yup, I like seeing the pins turned on when I play even if I'm not going to play them all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 189.99
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 149.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 9.95
    $ 499.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 75.00
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside