(Topic ID: 47253)

Do you tip your freight/delivery guy (and other best practices for pin delivery)

By lowepg

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by lowepg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

just_the_tip_-_jar___8d7b70bb.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 11 years ago

Living in Australia I've never tipped anybody in my life as we don't do that here. I can see offering them a bit of cash if they are helping outside the scope of the usual job though so yeah If I had a delivery to be moved a long way I might ask them if they'll help move it for a $20. I'm not really a tight wad but just confused as in our culture it isn't done.

I still don't really understand the culture in the U.S of everyone expecting tips for everything they do, I've been told it's because some jobs have low wages but it also seems decently paid people get tipped for some jobs too? How do you know who to tip, do you tip your accountant? what about for a hair cut? Not sure how people work out who to tip and who not to tip.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wickedquickss:

Regardless of if you tip or not lowepg.....enjoy that sweet pin, great choice in a NIB. pinmanguy...I do tip for a hair cut...I have the same guy, that does a good job cut my hair, as my childrens hair also.....not the guy you wanna get cheap on when he is doing a great job....no tip this time and I could end up uglier than I am on the next haircut. Tip me this time for hustling your pin with care up your drive or even inside, and you will get great service if and when you get the next one....don't tip and your pin will be curbsided next time even if your wife has to babysit it at the end of your driveway til you get home......Cheers

see that makes me think the systems even wierder? In other words people aren't really tipping for above average service, they are tipping out of fear that they will get below average service if they don't tip?

#40 11 years ago

When I was younger I worked in a super market and sometimes had to help customers taking their shopping to their car. A handful of times I was offered money for helping (talking small like $5-$10) but we had all been told not to take any money and we could be fired if we did. Man things are different here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-tip-your-freightdelivery-guy-and-other-best-practices-for-pin-delivery?tu=pinmanguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.