(Topic ID: 47253)

Do you tip your freight/delivery guy (and other best practices for pin delivery)

By lowepg

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by lowepg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

just_the_tip_-_jar___8d7b70bb.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider magic_mike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago

You should never feel obligated to tip someone who is just doing their job.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

true. buy their "job" ends at dropping it at the end of a 50ft driveway at the curb.... if they do more- i think its fair to pay more.

When was the last time you tipped someone in the military?

How about a school teacher?

I'm sorry, but I'm not tipping some truck driver who is already getting paid $70K ~ $80K a year!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wickedquickss:

kindness of their heart......well trying to get a little compansation. Magic Mike you should know what someones job is before assuming and should probably stick to dock pickup. I have a passion for pinball and car stuff so I treat these items with a little extra whiteglove service....thanks to all the guys that have tipped me....my family and I appreciated it.......to guys like Magic Mike....yes I am calling you a tightwad MF under my breath when I am walking away. Your not obligated but neither is the driver to bring your heavy machine any further than the end of your drive.

1. First off, I pick up all of my games from the dock or at the person's home.

2. If a person can't pick up one of my games, I will drive it to them *free of charge.* I have driven games as far as six hours one way!

3. I don't go through life expecting tips and favortism. I just try to do what's right.

4. When was the last time you did someone a favor without expecting something in return???

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

Way different than a delivery guy dropping off a game.

How about the UPS man busting has ass all day in the hot sun and the cold of winter?

The UPS man makes *deliveries* too and works a LOT harder than the fat freight guy driving around in an air conditioned cab all day.

How many times have you tipped him?

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

^if the UPS/FedEx guy drops off a 50lb plus package, hell yeah I'll offer a tip.
    And I'm not trying to rag on people that don't tip, but for me I have no problem offering a tip to. Help the dude buy lunch or whatever for busting his arse.

No thanks!

I will be buying lunch for the service member who 'busted his ass' in Iraq & Afghanistan who is about to foreclose on his house.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

Hell yeah man, that too. Just seems like two different situations we're talking about. I will go out of the way to help my brother-in-law who served, over my other 'brothers'
    Totally agree with you for service members in any situation that permits.

This situation is real in this country right now for these patriots coming home.

So, I'm glad that we can agree on this!

#35 11 years ago

just because your a cheapskate don't mean everybody should be.......this post was about tipping the delivery driver....not service men, even though all due respect to men and women of our armed forces.

Who's being judgmental now? This "cheapskate" buys and donates used pinball machines to local churches and youth facilities each year.

If people want more, they need to do more.

Also, no one is forcing you to do what you do for a living. So, stop complaining.

#36 11 years ago

Just one more thing.....Why the hate for Truck Drivers Magic Mike?

I don't hate truck drivers. I never said this.

I only dislike people who go through life expecting something for nothing.

Almost like the watress I had last night who sat my meal down and then disappeared for the rest of the evening.

I didn't tip her either.

#45 11 years ago

Mike, by no means was I complaining....I was just setting you straight on what you think my job pays or what my job consist of.. You have played every card from Military to now church...what's next race?...I am sure you are a wonderful guy...Let me know when and where that BBB, MM, or TZ get donated to...I would really love to play them. You don't have to tip anybody buddy.....or tell me how great you are for all the charity you do....you should start a thread....Name it " Magic Mikes greatness of the day" let us all know how great you are...who's life you saved today,or what charity you founded today, so we can all give credit where credit is due....would hate for it to go unnoticed.

Yeah, but you missed the big picture.

Advising you to do more in life and help your brother was actually my *tip* to you.

You're welcome!

Don't spend it all in one place.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I tip my UPS driver $50 every Christmas.

UPS drivers are probably the hardest workers in the transportation industry! Bravo!

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Too many people are selfish assholes who feel it's ok for them to make a living but not others.

I disagree. My parents raised us not to accept charity.

'Have some dignity about yourself, stop looking for a handout, get an education and teach others to do the same,' they taught us.

Too many liberals in this world nowadays who think that society owes them something.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from 35mm:

had 2 delivered by Navl. He wouldn't take down a slope to my mancave, so no I didn't tip him. I offered $100 to set up them up down there, he refused. C ya.

Turned down $100, huh? I wish I could shake that man's hand.

His parents probably raised him with the same morals as mine.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I have a feeling your parents paid for your car, clothes & school.
    You should have ran away & become a hunter at age 5 like real man with morals.

Nope! Dad started me throwing papers at age 9. Made my first $1K when I was 10.

Parents stopped buying my clothes once I went to high school.

Made my first $10K when I was 18. Bought my first car.

Worked three jobs and put myself through college.

I'll be able to 'hunt' all I want once I retire in the next 8 years.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Thats odd, as you said in another thread religion has no place in this world, why would you donate to them?

I do it for the children, nothing more, nothing less. That's the real future.

After all is said and done, it is the child who should decide religion on themselves, not their parents...

....or me!

#67 11 years ago

...also asshole you don't know me or shit about me punk ass...

Personal attacks are a violation of Pinside rules:

http://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

1. PM still works.

2. Coming to an Atlanta Pinball show and talking this same smack to my face still works also.

Let's get to know each other.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider magic_mike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-tip-your-freightdelivery-guy-and-other-best-practices-for-pin-delivery?tu=magic_mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.