(Topic ID: 286616)

Do you tip this guy? (discuss who to tip thread).

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mtn-
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D2A24F1A-58C9-4983-A85B-BBB3825FDF3B (resized).jpeg
    1a6a35065ac3d70d5b5ff6c8af695b30--steve-buscemi-reservoir-dogs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago

I used to start at $150 to detail a car back when I did it in high school and college with prices going up as high as $500 for work trucks, large vehicles etc. 10+ years ago
    I hustled this on the side I’ve my daytime detailing job where they charged double and paid me $8/hr for the same work
    These were true details - high speed buffer, shampoo carpets, engine bay you could eat off of, I would tape off, clean, and black spray pant plastic fenderwells.
    It would take me a minimum of 6 hours for a “clean” car. Larger stuff would go well into 2 days.
    In today’s world, I doubt you’re getting much for $150. Maybe a wash and hand wax. Some leather conditioner. Spray your engine bay with water and roll out.

If you do tip, take it directly to the guy going the work. Any detailing tips or limo driver tips that went on the bill were NEVER shared with me. Tens of Thousands of dollars lost to bad bosses.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I recently did an ad for two guys to move a piece of exercise equipment to my basement. It was a good price that should have been 15 minutes of work. Turns out the damn thing didn't clear the ceiling and had to be taken apart. I ended up doubling the money for these two guys because they were super nice about it, took way longer than expected, and wasn't what I advertised. They didn't expect more and said when I start a job I finish it, but were really grateful. That's a case were extra money was truly warranted.

Attitude goes a long way. I generally tip more when people so “no I’m just doing my job I don’t need a tip.”

As someone who worked for tips. The difference between a $2 and a $5 tip could make or break my day. Being a great tipper has a minimal impact on my budget and greatly helps those that need it and helps others get great service

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-thip-this-guy-discuss-who-to-tip-thread?tu=ypurchn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.