(Topic ID: 286616)

Do you tip this guy? (discuss who to tip thread).

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mtn-
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D2A24F1A-58C9-4983-A85B-BBB3825FDF3B (resized).jpeg
    1a6a35065ac3d70d5b5ff6c8af695b30--steve-buscemi-reservoir-dogs (resized).jpg
    There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

And how are you liking your first few bites??!

F*^K I hate it when the server asks me that! Instant 5% tip reduction. When did that become a thing anyway? Is it something servers learn during hospitality courses at school? They always ask when I have a mouthful of food so I can only answer with a "mmpmph, mmpph, mmmhhh".

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from woz:

F*^K I hate it when the server asks me that! Instant 5% tip reduction. When did that become a thing anyway? Is it something servers learn during hospitality courses at school? They always ask when I have a mouthful of food so I can only answer with a "mmpmph, mmpph, mmmhhh".

Hate it......

I see them coming and I say to wifey, "the phrase" before they arrive, i'm probably running a 70% success rate. ffs

#103 3 years ago

I hate when waiters ask if I'm "still workin on it?"

It's not work, it's lunch!

They kind of all do it now. It has spread like wildfire!

Even at NICE restaurants!

"I see you still have 30 percent of your $70 steak on the plate. Are ya still workin' on it?!"

No I'm not goddamn "working on it" like I'm trying to pop a stubborn pimple or knock over a vending machine...I'm fuckin enjoying my steak!

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

According to Miss Manners, you are correct.
    I didn't use to accept tips. Changed my mind when things got ugly in the mid 2000's.
    LTG : )

2050? 2500? I kid, I kid.
    Glad to see you're still open and fighting the good fight Lloyd!
    Terry.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate when waiters ask if I'm "still workin on it?"
    It's not work, it's lunch!
    They kind of all do it now. It has spread like wildfire!
    Even at NICE restaurants!
    "I see you still have 30 percent of your $70 steak on the plate. Are ya still workin' on it?!"
    No I'm not goddamn "working on it" like I'm trying to pop a stubborn pimple or knock over a vending machine...I'm fuckin enjoying my steak!

Agreed. The worst. I get it (kinda) if it’s breakfast at the diner and it’s fill ‘em and bill ‘em, eat and get out. But it’s infiltrated fine dining and it’s annoying as shit. “Are you still enjoying your meal sir or are you finished?”. That’s all you need to say. We need to put an end to this.

#106 3 years ago

I tipped the kid at the auto parts store $5 for coming out in the cold and putting my new battery in my car(free service with purchase).took him about 3 minutes and he seemed surprised by the tip.

#107 3 years ago

I am always a generous tipper.
    But i have seen tip jars in unusual places.
    Then i have a struggle. In a non traditional setting its 50/50 with me.

With the pandemic i am more generous because i am still working and have been right thru.
    I picked up some takeout the other night at a nice restaurant and i tipped 80%.
    It made me wonder if the girl who took my money had to share it with the kitchen. I think with take out, the kitchen should get something during the pandemic because i am sure their hours have been cut too. The kitchen prepares the food quickly and hopefully, to my liking.

#108 3 years ago

I spent some time in Spain and tipping there is considered an insult.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Honestly, I usually tip like $5 on food to go. I tip well for wait service, but if I am just picking the food up, I don't really get why I am tipping a percentage of the bill. I don't know, just seems weird.

I always tip at least 20% when picking up take out food.

In most cases, the tips are split amongst staff. So you're also tipping the person who cooked your food, the person cleaning up, etc.

3 months later
    #110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

How much do you tip a hair cutting person?

I just go to Great Clips or the like for a cheap cut - and usually tip 100% to make their day. I mean it's only like $15-$20 bucks, but makes me feel good to see how happy they are. Half the time they try to correct me thinking I pressed the wrong button on the machine.

#111 2 years ago

I usually walk by any hair cutting saloon, point to my bald head and laugh.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-thip-this-guy-discuss-who-to-tip-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.