(Topic ID: 242192)

Do you think we are at a top for prices

By spikelou2

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KIMG3904 (resized).jpg
    01671873-BC2C-4483-9339-0D63AB71C052 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

---------------------
    ---------------------
    ---------.------------------------
    ---------.------------------..
    ---------.----.-----..
    ------------------.-----------
    ---------------------
    ---------------------

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

Just left Allentown’s pinfest. Games where selling like hot cakes ..saw a nicer taxi go for 3500 and a not so nice Addams sell for over 8000..even a big hurt selling for 4500 ..seems to my we may be in a pricing bubble and it’s gonna pop ..and it’s not only in the pinball hobby ..it’s the entire economy...I see this as the canary in the coal mine ...I’m gonna move my entire 401k into cash on Monday ..let me know if you think I’m correct or if you just think I’m a bitter old man ..thx

Move it all to cash, then buy crypto currencies, as much as you can.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I, personally, am curious when we will meet a point where projects start drying up and warehouse finds are near impossible.
    As it stands although it SEEMS like these cases are rare, in reality there are thousands of old-timer operators still sitting on piles and piles of games hoarding and refusing to sell. I fully expect warehouse finds to start picking up again as we see these types pass away and their family left with warehouses full of hoards of junk that they’re paying taxes on.
    Does anyone else feel this way, or do you truly think these finds are just stories from the past?

I don't know, I kinda think a lot of the warehouses are dried up or picked clean of the good stuff. I just picked up a couple games from a guy doin it for 40 years. All he had was arcade games with bad monitors and a Nascar that he asked if I wanted to pay $10k for. Maybe it just feels dried up to me. 6-7 years ago you could get 3 projects a week if you wanted to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-think-we-are-at-a-top-for-prices-?tu=herbertbsharp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.