(Topic ID: 108471)

Do you think there's a market for assemble-it-yourself pinball kits?

By Law

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by sd_tom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you be willing and able to assemble a modern pinball machine?”

• I'm confident I could do it and I'd be more likely to buy a kit if available. 24 votes
      56%
    • I could probably assemble it, but it's not worth my time. 9 votes
      21%
    • The kit is an interesting idea, but I couldn't do it myself. 0 votes
    • No way, terrible idea. 10 votes
      23%

(43 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mg81.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

To me the issue would be what level of kit.

Do you solder your own boards and building your own wire harness or is it more of a "soft and gentle" kit and you just screw some parts onto the playfield and assemble a flat cabinet with some angle brackets?

It would be fun to do like the old Heath kits, but so many variables including a theme that everyone would like would make it very hard to work.

DIY kits already exist, as has been mentioned. You just need to assemble already existing replacement parts. If you can't do that on your own you are likely to have a hard time putting it all together even if someone put it all in a box for you as a kit.

For me I just find a mess of a pin and consider it a "kit" that I use as a base/manual to assemble a working pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mg81.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-think-theres-a-market-for-assemble-it-yourself-pinball-kits?tu=mg81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.