Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

innovate.jpg
    24flyer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bluefishy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 8 years ago

Sorry I don't get this thread. They have introduced new technology. Didn't Stern release Spike ?. Whole new modular platform to enable LCD's. So that's an innovation and looks to me they can release a LCD when they want to, but probably have found the DMD easier to code or still cheaper. Innovation requires R&D and looks like Stern have been doing lots of that. Maybe GOT is a dud maybe not , wait to play one to find out. What is known is they are currently designing the next game and probably the one after that and that. If they cost cut the parts better than the competition and buy in bulk as they make more units then their cost per unit is probably better than any of them. They charge what the market will take and where their competitors charge so we all know that's a premium price. So that means their profit per unit is going to be better than any competitor. Add to that they make more units than any of their competition. Add to that that they have the ability to produce stuff quicker than any of their competitors then to me that means they have more money and speed.

So until the competitors can get close to those variables , they look well placed to me.

The killer for them is the rising prices so that I think is where they all need to be wary. How many existing or new entrants will continue to pay top dollar? I am in the UK , been out of any new machines for a few years. as import exchange rates etc kill it, new innovation or not. At a US equivalent price of $12,000 for a GOT LE . I am out!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bluefishy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-think-stern-will-start-to-fall-behind-like-gottleib-did?tu=Bluefishy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.