(Topic ID: 228668)

Do you think South Park will ever get remade?

By MK6PIN

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you think South Park will ever get remade?”

• A good idea, and would be very interested 23 votes
    24%
  • Terrible thought, no way 59 votes
    63%
  • maybe 12 votes
    13%

(94 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Always have fun when I find one in the wild, but can't bring myself to buy. Seems a natural for current tech, and surely would sell (?) Just curious if I'm the only one that would bite.....

#2 5 years ago

Simpson’s got 2 chances. No reason SP shouldn’t.

#3 5 years ago

SO much more material to work with now, and a JJP treatment would be supreme. They'd sell a lot of them, but I'm not sure if it fits their "family friendly" mantra (although with GnR, maybe they're relaxing it a little, which would be good).

#4 5 years ago

I'd be a solid buy if JJP makes it.

#5 5 years ago

So much material to draw upon.......

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'd be a solid buy if JJP makes it.

Imagine POTC as a South Park pin! You could actually pick a memorable character to play as!

#7 5 years ago

I feel like there’s enough original south parks around.

Speaking of which I have one for $2500 nyc if anybody is interested.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I feel like there’s enough original south parks around.
Speaking of which I have one for $2500 nyc if anybody is interested.

But it's a bad game. Similarly the DE Simpsons is substantially inferior to the Pinball Party that came after it. Another crack at South Park could be epic.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But it's a bad game. Similarly the DE Simpsons is substantially inferior to the Pinball Party that came after it. Another crack at South Park could be epic.

True. But it still earns and always has.

I’m just not sure there’s incentive for ops to spend $8k on a new one when old Bessie is still bringing in cabbage.

I gotta tell you though, you could tell me a Police Academy game was getting made these days and I wouldn’t doubt it. Absolutely nothing is off the table anymore.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True. But it still earns and always has.

I've heard this from every Op I know.....seems a new version would be a slam dunk on route, as well as appealing to the home market.... win/ win

#11 5 years ago

A JJP build would be cool but also at the JJP price point.

#12 5 years ago

What a total piece of shit that thing was. People pissing and moaning aboot how "cheap" Stern's are now would have heads exploding everywhere if it came out now.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What a total piece of shit that thing was. People pissing and moaning aboot how "cheap" Stern's are now would have heads exploding everywhere if it came out now.

A lot of these games are bad. I just had an Austin Powers as well.

I think the best that can be said is they were good licenses and kept the lights on at Stern.

#14 5 years ago

I also have a South Park on location which still earns pretty good!

However, I have my doubt if a new south park would still earn the same.
It seems like players are attracted to it by its simplicity.
Like somebody said above, if they would make a loaded game like JJPOTC, I'm sure it would loose a lot of those casual players and the South Park theme isn't that hot anymore. At least not in Belgium...

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

100% agree.
Turd city

#16 5 years ago

Must buy if it includes a tunnel of prejudice and or cock magic!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

I also have a South Park on location which still earns pretty good!
However, I have my doubt if a new south park would still earn the same.
Like somebody said above, if they would make a loaded game like JJPOTC, I'm sure it would loose a lot of those casual players and the South Park theme isn't that hot anymore. At least not in Belgium...

It’s true.

Five years ago at
graspop, I would hear yells of “Timmy!!!” Every 20 minutes.

No longer!!!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

That is true and very observable, as you state, it's earning potential despite being a "bad game". So that being said I don't understand why none of the pins Stern, JJP, have produced isn't simple (1979-1988) in rule set with some (not over done where the pf is crowded) more modern toys on the playfield???? I think it would be a hit. My love for pins is rooted in the simple rulesets of old. Maybe I'm just out dated...….

#19 5 years ago

I would like to see someone take another shot. The zen pinball table was pretty fun.

#20 5 years ago

A second South Park pinball machine??

Simpson’s did it...

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s true.
Five years ago at
graspop, I would hear yells of “Timmy!!!” Every 20 minutes.
No longer!!!

Do you think because of theme, or just the newer games are more attractive/ fun?

If it were revisited by JJP and modernized, suspect it could be well received..(?)

#22 5 years ago

Even a standard width Stern could be cool...Cartoons and video screens...Good match

#23 5 years ago

I'd be down but only if Stern started from scratch. Not just a remake.

#24 5 years ago

Would love a JJP one. Stern would probably be empty and depending on who was doing the code, it'd probably either take 2-3 years to get good, or never would, most likely (Rick Naegele excepted if he continues form from Iron Maiden).

#25 5 years ago

I would definitely be in for one if completely revamped with all new everything

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Would love a JJP one. Stern would probably be empty and depending on who was doing the code, it'd probably either take 2-3 years to get good, or never would, most likely (Rick Naegele excepted if he continues form from Iron Maiden).

Good point as always ducks!

We all know JJP is famous for putting out complete games quickly with zero issues!

Like, honestly. Do you guys ever get tired of sayin the same stuff over and over again that makes no sense to further an agenda nobody really cares about?

A South Park remake that will never happen and only 5 guys actually want naturally has to become a dumb jjp vs stern rehash that makes as all stupider. Thanks man! Really knocking it out of the park with this stuff.

#27 5 years ago

Big problem will be Comedy Central who had parts removed from the original. A lot of the swear words, carpet munchers, etc. There were two or three ROM changes almost immediately. ( the first version is the most complete )

In this day and age, a remake might have to be even more toned down. So why do it ?

Apparently Comedy Central doesn't watch their own show, when it comes to licensing.

LTG : )

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Big problem will be Comedy Central who had parts removed from the original. A lot of the swear words, carpet munchers, etc. There were two or three ROM changes almost immediately. ( the first version is the most complete )
In this day and age, a remake might have to be even more toned down. So why do it ?
Apparently Comedy Central doesn't watch their own show, when it comes to licensing.
LTG : )

They seem to have pretty much free reign these days, for both the TV series and video games (the latter you might expect to get censored).

CC are no longer terrified of the backlash. When South Park pinball was made, it was pretty nascent ... now it's a 20 year old institution.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would have to disagree. If I look at the game, I think, yeah that looks like SouthPark and the main gimmick fits the theme.
If I look at Iron Maiden, Metallica, And a few others. I don't get that same feeling of toy/theme integration.

And while SP is pretty bare. Mech wise. It still makes sense, and feels like the world of SouthPark.

Not to many new games do that. Slap a couple magnets in it. And people would be praising it for how much stuff was packed in it.
But instead, today you would have to buy a premium version for that experience.

So it's pretty much on par with a new Stern pro.

2 weeks later
#30 5 years ago

There was what 3600 made world wide?

And it was made kinda cheap. But I compare mine to the williams indiana jones and fishtales it sits next to... Both lenec smith cabs and good thick clear on the playfields.

Now I am still working on my southpark...

But this is a fun game, I am considering a mp3 trigger board for a few updated sounds "you PC Bro?"

I hate the single targets. But I love making mods for it.

I am working on some custom speaker led lights and covers 3d printed. I made a rgb led back box panel as my floro transformer was dead. Still there just disconnected.

I am working on relays to do some custom flashers on the backbox led panel.

I will be 3d printing a mr hat and towlie and "the coon" topper.

Its a great game to mod.

Should it be remade? No.

But I may try to 3dprint a new toilet and mr hankey.

Mines fine... But backups... And hankey is missing an arm.

Nice to see crazylevi is still around

#31 5 years ago

Here is how I fixed my one armed Mr. Hankey:
Find a piece of heavy gauge electrical wire (Solid or stranded house wiring- about #12 gauge) to use for the arm. If you can find black you don't have to paint it. Get some epoxy putty and use it to make a hand on the end of the piece of wire. When it's hard you can carve it with a Dremel or some small files. Take a drill (drill bit same diameter as your wire) and carefully drill about 3/16" into the Mr Hankey body where the old arm broke off. Cut your new arm to length (a little extra for the length that will go in the hole you drilled in the body). Put some glue in the hole and press in your new arm/hand. Touch up the paint and paint the hand. The new arm will bend, so it will never break.

Don C.

#32 5 years ago

Thata pretty damned smart Don.

I see lots of games with his arm broken off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-think-south-park-will-ever-get-remade?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.