(Topic ID: 7839)

Do you think LCDs will lower the value of DMD pins?

By SealClubber

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by mnpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you think LCDs will lower the value of DMD pins?”

• Yes 16 votes
      20%
    • No 65 votes
      80%

(81 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 12 years ago

All other things being equal, I don't think LCD will add a bunch to the game or game play. I think where the primary differentiation will be is in what can be done with the LCD screen. I think there's much more likely to be video game aspects of these LCD screens that would involve the player playing some of the game on the LCD rather than the pf. I think for some this will enhance the experience/play while others will find it distracting from the pinball play.

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I could honestly do without the DMD or LCD.

+1 I've been considering looking to make smaller representations of the display (both SS, but more so DMD) on or around the skirt. There are things on the DMD screens that are salient but I dislike having to look up to see them (number of hits left for a particular villain as an example) at just the right time - which ends up being just about the time the ball moves to the flipper. So you either get some situational awareness just in time to watch your ball drain, or you keep blindly shooting at a target until you think you've got enough hits in. Having a smaller display near the skirt would allow for that quick view without having to take the eyes off the pf

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-think-lcds-will-lower-the-value-of-dmd-pins?tu=wizzardz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.