Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“A broken routed machine ”

• Should be turned off 79 votes
      55%
    • Should be left on 8 votes
      6%
    • Depends how bad the problem is 56 votes
      39%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181226_230120 (resized).jpg
    stay-on-topic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 4 years ago

Just saw this thread linked from another thread and...

Quoted from Whysnow:

I have had people turn off a machine due to a credit dot. That credit dot was because they played 20 games and never went out the left outlane.

It's interesting - when I first got into collecting, I thought the credit dot thing was great because it would be so much easier to check the machines.

As you know but for anyone else, it really isn't. You still open up the game and see what the game throws as test issues.

The only thing the credit dot does is to stop people who feel like they are informed from playing a machine, often for no reason whatsoever. It's surprising how quickly location games can get credit dots just from people not playing well.

As for turning off a machine, as I said in the other thread about leveling machines, ask the location. If the problem is bad enough, the location will turn it off. If the problem isn't a big deal, they work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-think-it-should-be-shutdown?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.