Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“A broken routed machine ”

• Should be turned off 79 votes
      55%
    • Should be left on 8 votes
      6%
    • Depends how bad the problem is 56 votes
      39%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181226_230120 (resized).jpg
    stay-on-topic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AFM95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I hate when people turn my route games off. They turn them off like they're doing someone a favor but don't tell the bartender or anyone or text my number that's on the backglass. It makes me so mad. I don't have time to play test everything and then I try and figure out what's wrong and the game plays perfect. The gear stripped out on my MM so I purposely disabled the drawbridge while the part came in and someone turned the game off on a Saturday night. Such an asshole move. The game compensates. Tell the bartender and he'll contact me and put a sign on it. Don't turn it off.

Deez Can I ask a clarifying question?

Is it fair to say that a MM should be turned off since the draw bridge isn't functional? I'm assuming you just don't want the patron to turn off the game, but the bartender should, correct?

As a customer, I wouldn't want to play MM if such an integral part of the game is broken or disabled.

#33 5 years ago

Whysnow

I didn't know the game would recognize a castle being destoryed without the ball going into the castle. I appreciate your exclamation point for emphasis.

I personally don't turn off games that have broken mechanisms. Instead I typically tell the person who's in charge of the establishment.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

So to clarify just a little further. If a pop bumper cap is stuck in the drain or the flippers are completely broken I don't care if someone turns the game off. I prefer the bartender do it so they notify me though so I can make sure to bring parts or will come in to fix it sooner. But something like a switch not working, leave it on. It's hard enough making money routing games. Most people don't even notice. I'll see the credit dot and fix it when I'm there. If you turn it off. A credit dot might not be triggered since it takes a bit for it to happen. I like to keep my games working 100% but my thinking is I rather get to play a pinball that has a feature broken then not get to play any pinball at all.

Thank you for clarifying. All of that makes sense to me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AFM95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-think-it-should-be-shutdown?tu=AFM95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.