Do you think Chicago Gaming will make Monster Bash?

(Topic ID: 191557)

Do you think Chicago Gaming will make Monster Bash?

By Rascal_H

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will Chicago Gaming make MB?”

• Yes, I'm sure they will make it! 205 votes
    50%
  • Yes, I'm guessing/hoping they'll make it! 138 votes
    33%
  • No, I know they won't make it. 33 votes
    8%
  • No, I'm guessing/hoping they don't make it. 21 votes
    5%
  • Andrew Heighway will return to make it. 16 votes
    4%

(413 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8462 (resized).PNG

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did you read my post? I'll cut and paste it to give you another shot, with emphasis added this time:

Why are you talking about "professional board repair community?" From the start, I stated "DIY pinheads and hobbyist", not professionals. Half the enjoyment many of us get is doing our own diagnosis and repair and restoration and modding. Playing is just the icing on the cake. You send your boards out for repair. You want to pay some pro to do it. Good for you. WTF does that have to do with DIY hobbyist?

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

A much bigger issue will be if we see an issue like the unobtanium chips in the WPC95 A/V boards, which just flat out don't exist any more. So if you can solder but don't have the necessary chip, repair skills mean nothing.
The good news, at least for the A/V boards, is now we have the PinSound solution..: but that took what, 20 years!

True, but this will likely happen again in the future with today's components as well.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Why are you talking about "professional board repair community?" From the start, I stated "DIY pinheads and hobbyist", not professionals. Half the enjoyment many of us get is doing our own diagnosis and repair and restoration and modding. Playing is just the icing on the cake. You send your boards out for repair. You want to pay some pro to do it. Good for you. WTF does that have to do with DIY hobbyist?

Nothing at all, which was the entire point of my post. You dramatically proclaimed that Stern’s node boards have been a “HUO nightmare”, I pointed out that it’s not so bad for the many of us in the hobby that aren’t inclined to do our own boardwork, since it looks like the pros won’t break a sweat working on this stuff (BTW, they seem to think amateurs can learn it too if they put in the effort and buy the correct equipment). It’s all right there in my first post though, so if you’re not following by this point I’m happy to let it go.

#154 1 year ago

I disagree with original price drops. I'm getting offers all the time for my mb and afm minty originals way more than the remake rrps. Some people just prefer/want the original. I'm in that boat now...happy to pay 16 or so for a mint mm rather than 12 for a remake. Personal preference I guess.

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nothing at all, which was the entire point of my post. You dramatically proclaimed that Stern’s node boards have been a “HUO nightmare”, I pointed out that it’s not so bad for the many of us in the hobby that aren’t inclined to do our own boardwork, since it looks like the pros won’t break a sweat working on this stuff (BTW, they seem to think amateurs can learn it too if they put in the effort and buy the correct equipment). It’s all right there in my first post though, so if you’re not following by this point I’m happy to let it go.

Maybe you should research the cost of such equipment and then try to actually make repairs to boards like these and maybe then you will understand what you are talking about because it's clear you have no clue! But nice try. Another thing you fail to understand is that many people like myself have no pinball techs available to trouble shoot our machines. Where I live, operators are not interested in making house calls. Clearly you have a lot of work to do to wrap your head around this problem, but feel free to talk down to the rest of us.

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Maybe you should research the cost of such equipment and then try to actually make repairs to boards like these and maybe then you will understand what you are talking about because it's clear you have no clue! But nice try. Another thing you fail to understand is that many people like myself have no pinball techs available to trouble shoot our machines. Where I live, operators are not interested in making house calls. Clearly you have a lot of work to do to wrap your head around this problem, but feel free to talk down to the rest of us.

Best of luck in the future!

2 weeks later
#157 1 year ago

Hmm... seeing more MB for sale lately.

#158 1 year ago

At the 7-low 8 range they keep selling for, it’s going to be hard to justify going with a remake. I’ll take the tried and true for 20 years machine

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

At the 7-low 8 range they keep selling for, it’s going to be hard to justify going with a remake. I’ll take the tried and true for 20 years machine

Ironically, they're only in the 7s and 8s because of the remake. But I'm with ya - original all the way! CGC has been upping the ante with the extra large DMD on AFM so maybe they have another surprise up their sleeve for MB

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ironically, they're only in the 7s and 8s because of the remake. But I'm with ya - original all the way! CGC has been upping the ante with the extra large DMD on AFM so maybe they have another surprise up their sleeve for MB

It would be so nice if they offered a MB alternatively with the "planked" playfield similar to this project:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-planked-monster-bash-project

#161 1 year ago

They will Remake because I just bought an original.

#162 1 year ago

It's coming and will be announced at TPF. I personally prefer the remakes over worn originals. PPS has done a great job making sure the build quality is comparable to the original. MMR and AFM have really impressed me with the build quality. Monster Bash will be no different, PPS will make it great. My only concern is pricing. I heard they may jack up the price a little. I actually think they will sell more if they offer a reasonably priced standard like they did for AFM.

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

At the same price range, I'll take the brand new game over an original even though I'm more familiar with the hardware on the original. It's been the same song and dance every time a new system comes out. From EM's to SS to WPC to modern Sterns.

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It would be so nice if they offered a MB alternatively with the "planked" playfield similar to this project:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-planked-monster-bash-project

I would really have to think hard about that - that game looks so amazing it might be worth considering the trade-up!

naah...

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

They will Remake because I just bought an original.

lol tell me about it - I stand to lose about 2K in decals, new PF when that game drops!

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

lol tell me about it - I stand to lose about 2K in decals, new PF when that game drops!

Your never really going to loose anything as you will still have an Awesome game! If you bought anything pinball as an investment or 401k your in the wrong hobby. Plus you get the pride of accomplishment and effort you don't get NIB. Sadly I enjoy restoring them often more than playing sometimes.... Its therapeutic!

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your never really going to loose anything as you will still have an Awesome game! If you bought anything pinball as an investment or 401k your in the wrong hobby. Plus you get the pride of accomplishment and effort you don't get NIB. Sadly I enjoy restoring them often more than playing sometimes.... Its therapeutic!

I like your attitude . I’m really excited about seeing a kickass game once I finish every thing - just now starting on the cabinet

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
$ 50.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 197.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 89.99
€ 3.70
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside