(Topic ID: 191557)

Do you think Chicago Gaming will make Monster Bash?

By Rascal_H

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will Chicago Gaming make MB?”

• Yes, I'm sure they will make it! 206 votes
    50%
  • Yes, I'm guessing/hoping they'll make it! 138 votes
    33%
  • No, I know they won't make it. 33 votes
    8%
  • No, I'm guessing/hoping they don't make it. 21 votes
    5%
  • Andrew Heighway will return to make it. 16 votes
    4%

(414 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8462 (resized).PNG
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago

My guess is cactus canyon will be next

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

My guess is cactus canyon will be next

As long as it has finished code!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

As long as it has finished code!

Yeah true, I don't know if there is a good relationship between Eric and CGC though, or how that will work out. Maybe it won't be the CCC ruleset, but their own version.

#54 6 years ago

I want a Warriors pinball machine.. amazing movie. Limited edition!

#55 6 years ago

Does anyone else want a NIB Getaway? I'd be all over it but pretty sure there's not much demand.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from ArgabargaJones:

Does anyone else want a NIB Getaway? I'd be all over it but pretty sure there's not much demand.

would love one

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from ArgabargaJones:

Decent Getaways can be had for the low 3's. Doesn't make sense to remake it.

#58 6 years ago

I have it on good authority that the next title will be Raven.

#59 6 years ago

Yeah true, I don't know if there is a good relationship between Eric and CGC though, or how that will work out. Maybe it won't be the CCC ruleset, but their own version.

YA, thats going to be the hard one. Hope they can work together. This is a business making machines, profit margin vs everyone wants a piece of the pie.

#60 6 years ago

A nice MM went for 15000euro. Now same pins go for 10000euro. TRUST ME PRICES HAS DROPPED after remakes.
Why doo you think so many afms went on sale all of a sudden??

Hell people remade cheap nba pins to MM, used so many hours and still made money.

Planeterypinball has changed the market! Thats for sure.
Remakes dropps the prices og the old classics all day long. Dont be naive

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I want a Warriors pinball machine.. amazing movie. Limited edition!

Oh hell yes!

Gord

#62 6 years ago

There will be no CCC remake, it will be CC without Eric's Continued software (no Tributes, Cowboys vs Aliens, Drunken Multiball Ect Ect)

IMG_8462 (resized).PNGIMG_8462 (resized).PNG

#63 6 years ago

Would someone please explain to me why CGC would redo, Wh2o, ToM, FH, CFTBL, etc when you can buy all these titles in fantastic condition for reasonable prices right now!

MM? yup I get it, AFM? sure, MB? of coarse, CC? yup. BBB? clearly!

I just don't see the point of remaking games that sell for reasonable rates now and frankly are not hard to find either....

#64 6 years ago

yessss monster bash remake please!!

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Would someone please explain to me why CGC would redo, Wh2o, ToM, FH, CFTBL, etc when you can buy all these titles in fantastic condition for reasonable prices right now!
I just don't see the point of remaking games that sell for reasonable rates now and frankly are not hard to find either....

Some of those re getting up to around $6500 in really nice shape. It could happen at some point, but I think they would exhaust the more expensive titles first. If stern remade gnr for under, or at, $6k, I would sell mine and buy it just to have a new one.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Have they said they are going to remake these? Retooling everything for games like these, with likely fewer sales doesn't seem to make sense...

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm guessing that licensing would be complex and expensive and Monster Bash isn't even being considered.

With Universal doing the "dark universe" run it will happen

As long as they don't put Tom Cruise face on it

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

With Universal doing the "dark universe" run it will happen
As long as they don't put Tom Cruise face on it

This seems to me like the exact opposite reason they would want to do a remake - they are trying to do "modern" versions, and I could actually see them denying the license! Universal isn't run by geniuses anymore (they are owned by Comcast... see that thread...)

#69 6 years ago

Now that we have seen the ACDC and Spiderman vault, I think they will do it. But with the monster table, defender mech, phantom, etc and other BOM add-ons , I expect it to be more than AFM. I hope for CV and CC first but won't happen.

#70 6 years ago

Lots of Cactus Canyons hitting the marketplace.

#71 6 years ago

I sure hope so, I'm sure this thread is helping

#72 6 years ago

Lots of Cactus Canyons hitting the marketplace.

Currently in Market for sale:
3 - CC for sale
6 - MB for sale

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I vote for The Big Lebowski for #3.

Someone should do this. Please

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Currently in Market for sale:
3 - CC for sale
6 - MB for sale

That statistic would matter if there were also 3400 cactus canyons made, like MB. But there were only 900. So from an availability standpoint there are more ccs

#75 6 years ago

They will make the most expensive pin. Thats it. Look at marked prices

#76 6 years ago

I think I would instantly click buy if there was somehow an Adams Family Remake.. but I know its not going to happen.

#77 6 years ago

Cactus Canyon, this is easy. How come CV isn't mentioned?

#78 6 years ago

Ill but a MB. Some restored MBs comes upmforsale yes but they cost the same or more expensive than a nib MBr will cost. Its a no briner, that it will be remade.
I just think CC will come up first. Becouse of only 903 made

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Ill but a MB. Some restored MBs comes upmforsale yes but they cost the same or more expensive than a nib MBr will cost. Its a no briner, that it will be remade.
I just think CC will come up first. Becouse of only 903 made

Maybe they will surprise us with BBB

I do think that MB will be easier than CC for PPS as the code is allready complete, CC without CCC is not that great! Rick has stated that there will never be a CCC but they would "update" CC code, who knows what that will be like or who will code the game.

Disclaimer: I'm in if it's MBr

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think I would instantly click buy if there was somehow an Adams Family Remake.. but I know its not going to happen.

Not with 20 thousand games out there already. I'd be happy if they could just get the playfields done.

#81 6 years ago

Not with 20 thousand games out there already. I'd be happy if they could just get the playfields done.

I think TAF will get a remake one day if AFMr and MBr do well. The game is still hugely popular. Some people just want a NIB over a 25 year old example, it would sell well.

Quoted from HIPPY:

How come CV isn't mentioned?

I can imagine distributors of yesteryear's reaction to the thought of a CV remake. The game did not perform well on initial release (obviously that has zero bearing on today's market, but I bet some old distros are surprised).

#82 6 years ago

Don't kid yourself, TAF will happen! Plenty of guys like me who would buy a TAF if we could get a NIB. My last TAF was literally played to death (magnet burn, insert wear, hacked boards, drilled and damaged cabinet Ect Ect) I don't want to go down that road again!

#83 6 years ago

Does planetary pinball also own rights to capcom? Bbb?

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Does planetary pinball also own rights to capcom? Bbb?

This has been discussed before. Only Planetary knows. And if they don't, I'm sure they'd know where to get them, if they were so inclined.

LTG : )

#85 6 years ago

Don't kid yourself, TAF will happen!

No idea if it would or not. I'd love to see a Monster Bash, and Kingpin. And a lot of Addams pins are out there.

But when I see AFMR with the big screen and all the extras, I have to admit, it would be something to see once Planetary Pinball Supply/Chicago Gaming work their magic on it.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This has been discussed before. Only Planetary knows. And if they don't, I'm sure they'd know where to get them, if they were so inclined.

Sounds like Rick has the rights to make BBB unless I'm reading the last post on this thread wrong...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-neon-list/page/4#post-3831278

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm guessing that licensing would be complex and expensive and Monster Bash isn't even being considered.

MB is on Rick's list.

He openly shared a short list with me at Expo 2016, while talking in the vendor room.

Don't forget, he got the rights to remake the CFTBL hologram. So, I'm sure the contacts are the same.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

MB is on Rick's list.
He openly shared a short list with me at Expo 2016, while talking in the vendor room.
Don't forget, he got the rights to remake the CFTBL hologram. So, I'm sure the contacts are the same.

Its not like the list would be super long, just take the top 15 williams titles and remove indy jones and any title that currently sells for $5k or less and you have your potential list.

#89 6 years ago

There will be no CCC remake, it will be CC without Eric's Continued software (no Tributes, Cowboys vs Aliens, Drunken Multiball Ect Ect)

Still waiting for my BBB and my KP!

#90 6 years ago

I'm counting on MBr. The last spot available in the game room is reserved for some form of Monster Bash.
The only question is will it be MBr or an original. Lots of MB for sale recently, and at better prices.

I think that is because the remake is inevitable.

#91 6 years ago

I hope they do CC next. I wish it was done before AFM. MB rocks, so yes it should be re-made.

#92 6 years ago

Lets just say Micro playfields just did a large run of MB. I see add linked to this thread. We will get MB, just wait 2 years.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its not like the list would be super long, just take the top 15 williams titles and remove indy jones and any title that currently sells for $5k or less and you have your potential list.

Are you saying Indiana Jones would not be remade due to the licensing cost? Why would that be prohibitively expensive? Stern deals exclusively in licensed pins these days. And the CGC remakes cost a lot more than a Stern Pro costs. I realize there are a lot of IJs out there and it's not as expensive as some other titles, but I still think it should be on their list to remake down the road and would sell well.

#94 6 years ago

the audience for CC is far smaller than that of MB....everyone can relate to and recognize the theme and charaters of MB. No one outside of the deeper pinball hobbyists know about or care about CC. Is it a cool game? Sure - with the "continued" code its a pretty good game but the average buyer doesn't give a crap about CC. MB is a slam dunk and should be next. CC is not going to have NEARLY the interested buyer pool as MM, AFM or MB

#95 6 years ago

I cant say who i talked to, but, i know that CC will not be next, even if they made it, it will never have CCC code. Post above makes a good point.

#96 6 years ago

I cant say who i talked to, but, i know that CC will not be next, even if they made it, it will never have CCC code. Post above makes a good point.

I guess we will find out Q1 2018.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Why would that be prohibitively expensive?

Harrison Ford, maybe ?

#98 6 years ago

Lets just say Micro playfields just did a large run of MB.

PPS/CGC doesn't use Micro. CGC makes the playfields.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

PPS/CGC doesn't use Micro. CGC makes the playfields.

Meet the Micro folk at a couple shows now. Nice people, great product. They had a batch of MB, and many more. Really pumping these playfields out now working with PPS. Many new titles ive never seen anywhere.

#100 6 years ago

Meet the Micro folk at a couple shows now. Nice people, great product. They had a batch of MB, and many more. Really pumping these playfields out now working with PPS. Many new titles ive never seen anywhere.

Agreed. Great people. Great product !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-think-chicago-gaming-will-make-monster-bash/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.