(Topic ID: 191557)

Do you think Chicago Gaming will make Monster Bash?

By Rascal_H

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will Chicago Gaming make MB?”

• Yes, I'm sure they will make it! 206 votes
    50%
  • Yes, I'm guessing/hoping they'll make it! 138 votes
    33%
  • No, I know they won't make it. 33 votes
    8%
  • No, I'm guessing/hoping they don't make it. 21 votes
    5%
  • Andrew Heighway will return to make it. 16 votes
    4%

(414 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8462 (resized).PNG
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

MB is a grail for me but if pay more than I've ever paid for a game and it comes out a year later I will feel kinda silly.

Granted, I doubt any here would know for sure... consider this a speculation poll.

#2 6 years ago

Yes, no doubt. It's more a matter of will it be next

#3 6 years ago

Hmm, starting to think it would be better to wait.

#4 6 years ago

Rick has said cgc has signed on to do 7 games including mm and afm. I wouldn't be surprised if mb is one of the 7. Maybe it's game 3 or 4 who knows until it's official. In the mean time if one comes your way at a price your willing to pay go for it.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Rick has said cgc has signed on to do 7 games including mm and afm. I wouldn't be surprised if mb is one of the 7. Maybe it's game 3 or 4 who knows until it's official. In the mean time if one comes your way at a price your willing to pay go for it.

Nice, thanks for the info!

#6 6 years ago

I'm guessing that licensing would be complex and expensive and Monster Bash isn't even being considered.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm guessing that licensing would be complex and expensive and Monster Bash isn't even being considered.

Not sure why people keep saying this. Universal will license anything and PPS has said numerous times that it's not an issue if they decide to remake MB.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not sure why people keep saying this. Universal will license anything and PPS has said numerous times that it's not an issue if they decide to remake MB.

Thanks. Good to know.

#9 6 years ago

Let's hope the rest of the "dark monster universe" movies crash and burn as bad as the mummy just did and keep those prices down.

#10 6 years ago

Yes....it will be made without a doubt.
Just a matter of when they have it in the schedule of games.

#11 6 years ago

Yeah but it's not the next one

#12 6 years ago

So what's the next one

#13 6 years ago

I'm curious what the price point will be given the additional toys and mechs compared to AFM

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I'm curious what the price point will be given the additional toys and mechs compared to AFM

Given the current market and the title it is .... i wld guess 8-9k for a le with the bigger screen , topper, powder coat and wherever else they do. Im guessing another non licenced pin or two before mb tho.....

#15 6 years ago

I hope it gets made, I love MB!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im guessing another non licenced pin or two before mb tho.....

Some pretty strong rumors that Cactus Canyon will be out by the end of the year.

#17 6 years ago

Chicago Gaming will definitely make MB. It's an all-time classic for a reason. Definitely one of the best games ever created. It would go perfectly with MMr and AFMr. Talk about a strong lineup!

#18 6 years ago

Cactus Canyon makes sense, much more rare and with a market of people who've paid that price to have one. Games I wouldn't expect for licensing or other reasons - Addams Family and Twilight Zone. You'd have to think the original deal with whatever number of games, if that is the case, would have already had 'in mind' what those titles were. Monster Bash is absolutely one of them and likely the only remake I'd be interested in, largely because you can't find even a beater for a reasonable price. No, 9 grand for an average MB is not reasonable. It is, however a popular, fun, accessible title, with great artwork, sound, etc. So I'm hoping MB is one the games and that I have the $$$ when the time comes.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Some pretty strong rumors that Cactus Canyon will be out by the end of the year.

I'd say CC at Texas delivery next May June like AFM. If sales of remakes are still strong MB will be game 4 or 5, I think TOTAN is game 4.People dont talk about TAF but to me it too should be in discussion mix. How many times have they run the PF on TAF? It would be a quick build out being all of the parts are available (well 90%). Ease of manufacture of readily available parts will determine next 5 remakes IMO.

Honestly I think Chicago Gaming will do 7 to 9 tops then bow out. Unless of course someone starts doing system 11 or other loved games at a lower price point then things will get interesting. Can you imagine demand for a low cost say FH - WW- ES- EBD or others...humm keep the price point under 5k and let them fly. If TNA can hit that 5k sweet spot it will be Spookys highest volume game IMO.

#20 6 years ago

Monster Bash will be game #3. And if you don't believe it, than you haven't been paying attention.

#21 6 years ago

CC most likely is the next remake.

#22 6 years ago

My guess for game #3 is FH 2.0

Demand will be a given at $8k. DMD/color LED or LCD screen, new callouts, animations, multiballs, a wizard mode. Each of the gangways is a different snack food, hit orbit to light it; hit ramp to collect (or vice versa), one wiz mode for completing mirror (not just "super frenzy"), one for completing gangway modes, maybe a super wiz mode for doing both and completing 50 Rudy hits--just a few ways to beef up the software without changing the PF.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Demand will be a given at $8k. DMD/color LED or LCD screen, new callouts, animations, multiballs, a wizard mode. Each of the gangways is a different snack food, hit orbit to light it; hit ramp to collect (or vice versa), one wiz mode for completing mirror (not just "super frenzy"), one for completing gangway modes, maybe a super wiz mode for doing both and completing 50 Rudy hits--just a few ways to beef up the software without changing the PF.

Upvoted for the idea as that would be fantastic. Funhouse to me is as classic as pinball gets. A modernized version with deep rules would be Nirvana.

But I don't see this anywhere on the radar.

And as for CGC #3, is everyone just assuming that AFMr is going to be highly profitable thus guaranteeing more remakes? What if they only sell 3-400? Will that be enough?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Upvoted for the idea as that would be fantastic. Funhouse to me is as classic as pinball gets. A modernized version with deep rules would be Nirvana.
But I don't see this anywhere on the radar.
And as for CGC #3, is everyone just assuming that AFMr is going to be highly profitable thus guaranteeing more remakes? What if they only sell 3-400? Will that be enough?

Rick teased FH 2.0 a long, long time ago.

#25 6 years ago

I find that there's more people willing to pay for a Cactus Canyon which most likely will have finished code in a remake. Monster Bash is a good potential for a remake, but there would be more money right out of the gate for Cactus Canyon as there's no license attached to it. So less to be charged to us to pay for the license, and more wiggle too. For Chicago Gaming to make some $$.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

CC most likely is the next remake.

Agreed. There were hints from PPS that were in order of mm, afmr then CC. I'd raither see mb but pretty sure it's cc.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Monster Bash will be game #3. And if you don't believe it, than you haven't been paying attention.

Fingers-crossed!

#28 6 years ago

Hope its cc with finished code or even a ccc option.

#29 6 years ago

What about a Super Space Shuttle? SSSR?

#30 6 years ago

Are there any games missing from my list that are in the remake possibility category? I'm a buyer for all of the titles listed, but like others can't justify paying big money if a remake is coming out.

Cactus Canyon
Monster Bash
Tales of Arabian Nights
Theater of Magic
?
?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

3 years qualifies as off the radar.

Maybe fastpinball can chime in.

#32 6 years ago

you will see them do all the big $$ games, you can take that to the bank!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have to admit, it would be tough to say no to that one.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I have to admit, it would be tough to say no to that one.

I'd sell my original FH in a heartbeat to get one. There already are fully restored ones going for over 7K now.

#35 6 years ago

The amazing thing in all of this is that prices don't seem to have dropped all that much for the original MM or AFM games. As long as the new parts hold up for the remakes, they should last a good long while too.

Anybody know the yields on the current remakes?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Are there any games missing from my list that are in the remake possibility category? I'm a buyer for all of the titles listed, but like others can't justify paying big money if a remake is coming out.
Cactus Canyon
Monster Bash
Tales of Arabian Nights
Theater of Magic
?
?

I would think Indiana Jones would be in the mix there. Prices on that have gone up a lot the past couple of years. At one time I was seriously considering buying one, but now with the price increases I would rather wait and see if it gets remade.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I would think Indiana Jones would be in the mix there. Prices on that have gone up a lot the past couple of years. At one time I was seriously considering buying one, but now with the price increases I would rather wait and see if it gets remade.

Now that is a game where the license may be prohibitively expensive...

AFM and mm did not have any sort of license expense line, so I'm wondering how much of an additional markup MB may incur, even if the license itself is nominal

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I would love for this to actually happen!

#39 6 years ago

I think CC will come before Monsterbash but are inevitable

#40 6 years ago

CC will likely be #4

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I would love for this to actually happen!

Man how cool would a FH remake would be - have gotten into that game recently - another classic!

#42 6 years ago

I vote for The Big Lebowski for #3.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The amazing thing in all of this is that prices don't seem to have dropped all that much for the original MM or AFM games. As long as the new parts hold up for the remakes, they should last a good long while too.
Anybody know the yields on the current remakes?

MM's fully restored were selling north of $15k, heck we sold some for $18k to $20k before. The same game goes for $10k now. Prices did go down.

#44 6 years ago

TOTAN, really? Years away I'm guessing. Hmm.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

MM's fully restored were selling north of $15k, heck we sold some for $18k to $20k before. The same game goes for $10k now. Prices did go down.

Since the release of the 2 remakes, the prices here in Australia have dropped down roughly the same amount.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

Interesting. I'm curious what the average high-end-but-not-glitzed-out version of the game is now selling for? still in the 10s, I guess like you said. That's at least sort of in the realm of being a realistic price

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I'd love this.

#48 6 years ago

For me I'm hoping for MBr, CCr, WH2Or, BBBr. Don't really care which order as long as they are made.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Interesting. I'm curious what the average high-end-but-not-glitzed-out version of the game is now selling for? still in the 10s, I guess like you said. That's at least sort of in the realm of being a realistic price

I know some fresh off route original mm that sold very quickly or 7500-8k recently and they were not that nice and needed lots if love. Also a good many restored ones /very nice un restored ones selling for 9500-11k and they had a few mods. Im glad for the remake bc i was able to buy a highly modded restored original for not much more than a nib mmr.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Yeah, it was supposed to be Skit-B's project lol. Dead in the water.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.50
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-think-chicago-gaming-will-make-monster-bash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.