(Topic ID: 11593)

Do you spend more time on Pinside than playing pinball?

By Shapeshifter

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you spend more time on Pinside than playing pinball?”

• No, play more pinball for sure. 12 votes
      12%
    • Not sure, about the same. 13 votes
      13%
    • Yes, more time on Pinside. 79 votes
      76%

(104 votes)

#1 12 years ago

Just curious as I know that I spend more time every week on Pinside than playing pinball, even though my pins are about 25 steps away!!!

#3 12 years ago

At the moment, yes. I'm waiting on materials to shop my pin before I play it any more.

#4 12 years ago

Very good question. I'd have to answer yes, yes I do.

#5 12 years ago

Well, I can't really play my machine at work, and not every weekend is a pinball excursion, although I wish it could be!

I do play my machine a LOT during the weekends, but is it more than I watch B_R's youtube vids? Yea, probably, but there's a lot more pinside, and really, those vids aren't even pinside..

If I'm watching a movie in my living room I'm on here, if I'm drinking, I may be on here, and at work, it's the only non work tab I have open, even if I don't have time to look at it.

I answered not sure, about the same.. after thinking about it.. I am probably lying on the poll.

#6 12 years ago

Yes, only because I can read it on my iphone when I'm not at home with pinball available to play. When home I am usually working on or playing pinball though, but not always.

#7 12 years ago

Still trying to find my first machine, so, yes.

#8 12 years ago

I am about half and half right now. Pinside is just too cool of a site! Almost as addicting as the pins themselves.

#9 12 years ago

I did in the past but now I play much more pinball.
    I play pinball almost everyday.
    A year ago I could keep up with the posts on here. Now there are so many people I can't keep up anymore so I just check in once in a while to see if I can help anyone out. The good thing is people get help much quicker now.

#10 12 years ago

I love restoring old/dead pinballs, so the answer is, YESS i defenentley use more time in here, pinside forum is the best plase to get pro-help

Thank you guys.

#11 12 years ago

Yes. Playing isn't always possible on a plane, waiting, etc. Pinside is always accessible.

#12 12 years ago

Perhaps, yes. Especially when you consider half the time I go into the game room, i end up tinkering on them instead of playing.

#13 12 years ago

guilty as charged....

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

Yes. Playing isn't always possible on a plane, waiting, etc. Pinside is always accessible.

"isn't always"? So sometimes it is possible? Now that's what I call first class!!!!!!lol. Pinair.....the only place you can play with your balls on a flight. Lmao! Sorry, I crack myself up.

#16 12 years ago

Definitely spend more time on the forum. Reasons, 1. Difficult to bring a pin to work. 2. I constantly have the forum up on my laptop while watching TV, etc.

#18 12 years ago

Absolutely.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Perhaps, yes. Especially when you consider half the time I go into the game room, i end up tinkering on them instead of playing.

I do this also, my son leaves notes, bulb out flaky switch etc. and I have a game apart right now.
    Dare I say it???
    I HAVE TOO MANY DAMN PINBALLS!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Without question.

Same Here !!! BSD is Do-n a Doube flip Re-boot .. Got to get the PDB to Jack .. TZ is Just fine !!

#21 12 years ago

If I spent as much time playing as I do on the website, I am sure I would be a world champion player by now!

#22 12 years ago

Yes I do, and I'm still looking for my 2nd pin.

#23 12 years ago

Yes, until i get a new pin.

#24 12 years ago

Yup; I only get to play in the evening. I can be online anytime

#25 12 years ago

kinda hate to admit it, but yes.

ah, screw that! I'm not ashamed, pinside ROCKS!

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

Exactly, and many of us post from/while working. Kind of hard to play a pin at work.

#27 12 years ago

For me, it usually equates to 49% Pinside, 51% Pinball... Sometimes they switch places if there is an interesting thread or new machine on the horizon, but it's rare. Pinball should always take priority, it's why we're on here in the first place, right?!?

#28 12 years ago

Yes, often get reading instead of ordering parts, working on machines or just playing. Sigh.

#29 12 years ago

Pinside is very easy to access when I should be working My wife doesn't play, so its easy for me to sit next to her and surf pinside while "spending time" with her. If I'm in the basement "its like I'm not even home". Reading what I just wrote makes me feel like I have a crack habit. lol

#30 12 years ago

Yep,Will really be spending more time here than playing,surgery tomorrow-torn Biceps tendon

#31 12 years ago

I can't stand long enough to surpass the amount of time I'm on Pinside.

#32 12 years ago

Probably about even-up with Pinside versus playing games, but hands-down spend more time fixing games and dreaming up new ideas. I don't know why I just can't play them and leave it at that =/

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-spend-more-time-on-pinside-than-playing-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.