Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you smoke? Or have you quit?”

• Smoker 31 votes
      10%
    • Ex-smoker 150 votes
      50%
    • Never started. 120 votes
      40%

(301 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rf.gif
    Ron (resized).jpg
    7C0C5D71-5193-42CB-B943-606A947877AA (resized).jpeg
    smoking campaign (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 11.00.47 PM (resized).png
    chocoholic (resized).png
    FB238C16-0F6B-4C9C-8538-CF2809AA03DE (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 4 years ago

Smoked off and on for 20 years, quit to be a father.
    Looking forward to her leaving for college so I can pick it back up.

#42 4 years ago

Ha well they don't cost anywhere near that here.... Thats insane.
    Anyway minimum wage goes up to stay close.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

He laughed and said "Dude...that's an Ultra Light". I was completely stunned. What an eye opener.

The sad part is we had a few people that would quit during the winter here, from November to May ever year. When May finally came it was like a after school special, the first couple times I smoked I would just cough and wheeze and feel like shit. "I just need to push through the shitty feeling and then it'll get cool like it used to be."
    Haha so screwed up...but damn honestly it was cool.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

It's always been amazing to me that with all the research and all the statistics on the effects of smoking, that people still lite up.

It really shouldn't; it's one of the most highly addictive chemicals on our planet with a long intertwined with our countries history and culture.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

My dad quit cold Turkey at 54 after he had a heart attack. None of this gum or patch or other shit. He just quit.

Well...um...err...he kind had a heart attack so I wouldn't call it cold turkey

#80 4 years ago

It's insane now when you think aboot all the smoking in public places that used to happen. I don't even mean 50/60s style shit the 80s it was everywhere. Just 30 people smoking away in a restaurant for breakfast, lunch, & dinner.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from Floyd:

What are the negative things with vaping?

You look like a douchbag.
    You inhale nicotine all damn day because you can do it anywhere you want.
    You look like a tool.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Not true. At least not where I live.

Hmmm.....you know you may have a point I overlooked.
    I'm not saying vaping is allowed inside, I'm saying I see a ton of people vaping indoors everywhere because they think they're slick hiding it in their paw. So my statement probably isn't true for normal folks....but scrappy younger people and toothless older people it shakes out a bit better.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Vaping is treated just like smoking (at least in the greater Chicagoland area). Can't do it in a bar......

Sure, but I think you're missing my point, it isn't allowed but people do it.
    Or I guess no one does it in Chicago which would be amazing.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from investingdad:

To lighten the mood a bit, you guys should read, "Quitters, Inc.", by Stephen King.

Is that the one from Cat's Eye? Classic James Woods

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Huh? It will kill ya. It just takes awhile.

The nicotine doesn't kill you it's all the other shit.

Quoted from cottonm4:

1966-67. Head shops (paraphernalia) were everywhere. So, a cig with a water filter just fit right in.
    [quoted image]

Huh, never knew that tech was that old. They brought it back with Camel "krush" that had a menthol capsule in it later

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Pretty sure it's the "tar" that is the basis of cancer. The nicotine is what keeps you coming back for more of that tar. And, there's a fair amount of carbon monoxide that you inhale as you smoke, among other chemicals.

Don't forget the polonium 210!

1 week later
    #149 4 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

yet to have any alcohol or smoke a joint, but I will be strong and stay focused....

I actually have found heavy drinking helped me. I would just get drunk, and every time I wanted a smoke I'd chug a bunch of beer instead. Kind of works, and then after not too long I would pass out, wake up the next day and BAM, 8-10 free smokeless hours! Can help with the first couple days which are fucking awfull.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Just hide the smokes, cause if they are within arms reach while drinking, I guarantee you'll be smoking long before you pass out.

Ha well yeah this is for when you've already thrown them out of the house and you're ready to commit.

2 months later
    #174 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

. He is almost 60 years old and smokes a pack of Pall Mall reds a day. So perhaps it is mind over matter?

No, smoking is actually bad for you.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For him, it might be more like rocket fuel.

rf.gifrf.gif
    1 week later
    #194 4 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

I have a few friends that used Chantix - they both mentioned crazy dreams.....

When I used the patch those were the knock out craziest dreams I ever had. I used to double them up and take sleeping pills it was so intense.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-smoke-or-have-you-quit?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.