Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you smoke? Or have you quit?”

• Smoker 31 votes
      10%
    • Ex-smoker 150 votes
      50%
    • Never started. 120 votes
      40%

(301 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rf.gif
    Ron (resized).jpg
    7C0C5D71-5193-42CB-B943-606A947877AA (resized).jpeg
    smoking campaign (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 11.00.47 PM (resized).png
    chocoholic (resized).png
    FB238C16-0F6B-4C9C-8538-CF2809AA03DE (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scag.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 4 years ago

I think most smokers intend to stop 'one day' but doing so is not an attractive proposition when you can't imagine life without smoking. Ten years ago I was no different and having smoked for more than 23 years I was always curious as to how others had managed to stop but I wasn't necessarily ready to do so.

Then in June 2009 I opened a thread on Aussie Arcade called "Given Up Smoking??" and I read this post:

"I can highly recommend a book, but first a little background.

I smoked for 20 years, tried EVERYTHING, (gum, patches, hypnotherapy etc) but to no avial, no will power.

I was then given a book, which was well thumbed as it had eight previous owners, all of which had given up after reading and are still to my knowlege non smokers.

Well that eight became nine after me ( two years since my last smoke now) and I passed the book on to someone else who gave up after reading.

The book is called Allen Carrs Easy Way To Stop Smoking

This book doesnt go into the countless way smokes can kill you,you already know that as the author states.

Seemingly its sold as many copies as Harry Potter

I wont go into the in's and outs of what he says, but this guy isnt a doctor or shrink, just a guy that was on 60 a day and found a way to stop.

What I will say is by the time youve read it, you will no longer feel the urge. Trust me on this.

You'll be on here thanking me like I did with the guy that gave me his copy."

Seven months later I posted back in the same thread:

"Well you were right. I am extremely gratefull that you suggested this book.

The day after you posted this I went and bought it and two days later put out my last cigarette. I don't even read books so I never thought a book would work but it did. I had smoked from the age of 16 and was smoking a packet of Drum every 4 days when I stopped. I still can't believe how easy it was really. Allen Carr was a bloody genius and now thanks to you and him I will hopefully live a few extra years. Cheers mate.

Also, I would like to say to anyone that is going to read it that I believe it is probably best to read it over a short period of time (under a week). I would also suggest that you read the entire thing even if you start to find reasons not to. Please persist to the very end, read every word and don't skim or speed read."

I haven't touched a cigarette in more than 10 years and it really was quite easy. I know it sounds like BS but check out some of the success stories.

https://www.allencarr.com/success-stories/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scag.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-smoke-or-have-you-quit?tu=scag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.