Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you smoke? Or have you quit?”

• Smoker 31 votes
      10%
    • Ex-smoker 150 votes
      50%
    • Never started. 120 votes
      40%

(301 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rf.gif
    Ron (resized).jpg
    7C0C5D71-5193-42CB-B943-606A947877AA (resized).jpeg
    smoking campaign (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 11.00.47 PM (resized).png
    chocoholic (resized).png
    FB238C16-0F6B-4C9C-8538-CF2809AA03DE (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 4 years ago

As a basic health nut who eats right, am not overweight, don't drink fructose soda's, gets plenty of exercise, and stays active almost the entire time I'm awake, smoking would almost go against my better judgement and everything I'm about.

But I do it anyway. I can quit anytime as I have for years at a time and can stop on a dime, but now I am trying to convince myself it's just another healthy activity.

But tomorrow's another day, so I may just quit. Everyone stops smoking for good eventually.

#171 4 years ago

Castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.

#173 4 years ago

I never smoked as a teen, but it was the 70s so I hung out with a lot of people that did. I would surf and run instead. It wasn't until the 80s and I was sometimes doing that weekend warrior thing, hanging out with friends and doing the other self destructive things of the time. But come Monday it was put all that away and get back to business.

In the 90s I took a job where everybody was puffing butts, so I joined in but quit shortly after my daughter was born. It wasn't until about 5 years ago, I found my self deep in this pinball hobby and with hanging around some others that did I took it up again. I mean a lot of older games have depictions of smoking on them, and some even have butt holders. Plus I love to get my Jack and Coke buzz on and it seems to go well with that.

Spring of this year, an old surf buddy came to stay with me. He still surfs, skateboards, snowboards, and helped me knock out quite a bit of work on my house when he was here. Including some much needed work to my roof.

This is Ron. He is almost 60 years old and smokes a pack of Pall Mall reds a day. So perhaps it is mind over matter?
    Ron (resized).jpgRon (resized).jpg

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:No, smoking is actually bad for you.

For him, it might be more like rocket fuel.

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My grandmother lived till she was 92 and smoked for about 70 years. So that's proof cigs are good for you!

I mean, she did end up dying of lung cancer but she had a hell of run. RIP Nana

Mom is 97 as has spent her whole life being anti as any. She has had several body parts removed however, and lately has been losing her memory. She is in a senior facility where she fights them every step of the way. 1:00 AM last night I get a call she is trying to escape the place.

My old man dropped dead of a heart attack still with his wits about him and doing what he loved till the very end. Tough choices as to which way I'd rather go out.

#180 4 years ago

Someone recently told me if you smoke weed, it counteracts a lot of the bad things you get from smoking cigs. That seems like a logical analysis to me at this point.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Sadly, no. It's statistics.

Statistics also say it's better to lead an active life and stay fit, than be fat and or sedentary, no matter what you consume.

It's all about balance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-smoke-or-have-you-quit?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.