(Topic ID: 243747)

Do you ship pins?

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you ship pins ”

• Yes 51 votes
      59%
    • No 35 votes
      41%

(86 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Usingers (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rogerroger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheJerol:

Of course buying or selling games locally using "cash on the glass" is preferable. The problem is, of course, many games -- especially those in "collector's" condition -- aren't always available for local sale/pickup. So as a buyer, you have two choices: either wait until one IS available locally or buy/ship. My own philosophy is to only ship when a truly exceptional game is involved -- it makes little sense to buy a $1200 game from someone and then spend $600 shipping it in my opinion. If you advertise your game on Pinside, it is being viewed by a global audience. You've widened your net and will mainly get offers from people where shipping will be required. You can always stick to CL or FB Marketplace for local only sales.
    I've personally used STI/NAVL three times for pins -- twice as a buyer and once as a seller. I've been very happy with the results. Also, if you are the seller and the buyer wires the money directly to your bank account -- as you should insist on -- (and you allow it to clear) where is your risk? Again, in all three of my transactions that has been the case -- either I or the buyer directly wired the money. Escrow would be indicated only if the BUYER didn't trust YOU. You get the money well before he gets your pin. The only risk is on his part -- not yours. Again, reputations matter here and the two parties I've purchased pins from through Pinside were both well known Pinsiders and I felt comfortable wiring money. Had I not, I would have insisted on using an escrow service.
    Also, the buyer arranges and pays for shipping with all of it's attendant risks -- all contingent on your schedule/availability. I personally oversaw the packaging of the last pin I sold and shipped, but STI also assists with this as well. Shipping is insured (again, arranged for by the buyer) so the buyer does get compensated (albeit not completely) should something catastrophic happen during transport. But the bottom line is, shipping incurs risk and every BUYER should know this.
    My advice is that if you are selling a "high end" pin (like a Star Trek LE, for example you should be prepared to ship it -- preferring local sales of course, but understanding that it's perfectly fine to ship to the right buyer (like the one offering full price and wired money).
    Just my 2 cents.

I agree 100%. Since Atlanta, GA isn’t exactly a pinball hotbed, I almost have to buy from distances too far to drive. There is always more risk for me when buying without seeing it in person, but I don’t have many other options.
    I have no problem shipping if the buyer wires the money first and it clears. When I sold my GBLE last year to a guy in Ohio, we FaceTimed so he could see the machine in real-time and inspect it somewhat. As far as Beltline/STI, the guys on my end that deliver or pick up are always on time with no issues. In fact, there is one guy that is always the main guy of the crew.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rogerroger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-ship-pins?tu=rogerroger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.