(Topic ID: 181015)

Do you set your home pins to free play or credits/coins

By kevmad

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you set your home pins on free play or credits/coins”

• Free play 83 votes
      82%
    • Credits/coins required 18 votes
      18%

(Multiple choice - 101 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butterflygirl24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

I dont set any of my pins to free play. Part of the fun of pinball is earning a replay credit, a special or a match. Part of the tension and thrill of playing a game is to getting a replay credit and hearing the replay music and the knocker go off.
    I like to put one credit on a game and seeing if I can get a replay credit. If I know there are unlimited credits, it takes away some of the fun and pressure to play well.

All of our pins are set to free play...(you still get the knocker sound when you get a replay) The only time we have set ours for coin drop is when we held the Cincy Pinball Championship here at our house last Summer. The games that were used in the tourney, were set to coin play for the tourney. When you signed up and paid your entry fees, you were given 4 quarters for the game you chose to play and when your entry attempts were gone (we limited it to 10 total attempts) then that was it. We are planning to hold the 2nd annual Cincy Pinball Championship here again this Summer...Not sure we are going to make games coin drop again, still deciding.

Phoebe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butterflygirl24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-set-your-home-pins-to-free-play-or-creditscoins?tu=Butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.