(Topic ID: 279650)

Do you restart your game after a bad 1st ball?

By Chet_Hardbody

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 165 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Anony
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2487 (resized).jpg
    youre-all-just-a-bunch-of-pussies (resized).jpeg
    20201107_145609 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1601418922186 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

Used to but less often now.

Some games like Lotr feel like you need to have a good first ball to get a leg up on the game. But some games like Iron Man I’ve had a bad first ball and blown the game up on the second or third.

I would do it more often a few years ago but now hardly at all.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Beat me to it, good answer. Anyone know what year Stern started that feature? not on Avatar.

this just in the last couple of years, it takes the game back to standby mode like you just turned on the game but didn't press start (not ball 1) unlike pressing and holding the start button which restarts new game.

#62 3 years ago

IIRC every time you restart the game after ball 1 it counts as a game played for the audits. Still keeps track of how many balls played as well.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Depends if you are trying to "test" your skill and ability to bounce back from a bad ball, or just get coddled with constant do-overs. If you have fun only playing "good" games, do that. If you want a reality check that "sometimes you suck, and you should work to get better" that is fine too.
    If all I did in life was press reset button every time I screwed up, I would be much less careful and probably not be as good at a lot of things. No consequences etc. I think there was a Rick and Morty episode about that...

Is life (or pinball ) without consequences meaningless? Up to you to decide...

Great post!

#98 3 years ago

Good points above but imo it’s cheating is still my opinion.

take the glass off, put on 5 balls, super long ball save, easy attainable EB award, restart game, no tilt bob, rubber band the out lanes. These all give you inflated scores.

You can say some are cheating some are not but to me they’re all cheating just some less cheating than others.

Say you are playing solitaire and you restart if you don’t get several Aces early. You will win more often but it’s not a valid win because you start with the deck stacked.

#102 3 years ago

Now that I think of it ball save timer is cheating, you guys are already getting 5-6 balls on most games (counting all your instant drains).

Why don’t you just take the glass off and get your GC scores.

I’m only joking, if you seen my scores you’d know I’m not that good. But don’t feel like restart a game is making me happier about still having bad scores. I’d rather just have a bad score and say at least I earned that fair and square.

What’s your excuse if you restart and still mess up on the 2nd or 3rd ball? Play better.

2 months later
    #139 3 years ago
    Quoted from idealjoker:

Let's see if there is some life left in this thread
    Here's an example of a really excellent game beginning with a disastrous ball 1 and a mediocre ball 2. It felt very satisfying kicking the machine's butt after those first two balls...

looks like a fun game, I've never played it before. Was that a power ball and was there a ball saver on for a long time at start of ball 3?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-restart-your-game-after-a-bad-1st-ball?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.