(Topic ID: 279650)

Do you restart your game after a bad 1st ball?

By Chet_Hardbody

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 165 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Anony
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2487 (resized).jpg
    youre-all-just-a-bunch-of-pussies (resized).jpeg
    20201107_145609 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1601418922186 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Teamhex.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 3 years ago

Can't say I ever have, but I've had that urge to do it. One great thing about my single player EM is I can just hit the coin in when the ball gets near the bottom and it resets just fine. No high scores are saved though...so that's a downside.

3 weeks later
    #129 3 years ago

You can do whatever you want with your pins. Take a hammer to them for all I care. However, restarting to get that perfect first ball is cheap. I don't think it's a legit score if you keep restarting. It's like playing an old school video game with save states. It wouldn't be allowed in any competition setting. If you're just playing for fun you won't be restarting after a bad first ball, and if you are playing seriously, you shouldn't restart the game after a bad ball either. You should just do your best and let that high score come.

That's how I see it. I don't care either way, but logically it makes no sense if you're taking it seriously or casually playing.
    To me it just devalues the score. Some don't see it that way, they see it as a complete restart of the game, but I think it's cheap.

Hell, I don't even think home scores are legit unless you film it. Not because you have unlimited plays on it, but because you could easily cheat. I value my high scores on location more than any home game scores people post on here. Picture or not, I don't know if it's legit. Even if it is, I paid for each of the games I played and I have other people playing the game.

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

You keep saying you don't care but you kinda do, right? Or else you wouldn't be writing about it..

I’m just discussing the topic of restarting games on a bad first ball. The thought process. The pros and cons.
    I didn’t know detailing my view on it meant I was that invested. Im just bored and looking to exchange ideas man.

2 months later
    #156 3 years ago
    Quoted from skquinn:

On location recently: a fellow competitor and I found a (Stern) TMNT with a two player game, with ball 1 of player 1 having already been played/plunged. He takes player 2, I take player 1. I put up a new grand champion score with only two balls in play.

Crossing my fingers it wasn't the TMNT @ Einstein's in Richmond

4 months later
    #164 2 years ago
    Quoted from skquinn:

I wish it was. This was after (an attempt at) a tournament at Speedy's on Hempstead Road.
    I look forward to eventually putting up a GC on TMNT at EinStein's in Richmond though. Great collection, but it's a bit of a drive.

I say that because I have/had grand champion on it. Not a monster score, only like 33.5 million, but a gentleman that goes by "SPC WES" has been destroying high scores there so I don't have grand champ on as many machines anymore. I need to get back over there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Teamhex.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-restart-your-game-after-a-bad-1st-ball?tu=Teamhex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.