(Topic ID: 279650)

Do you restart your game after a bad 1st ball?

By Chet_Hardbody

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Teamhex
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2487 (resized).jpg
    youre-all-just-a-bunch-of-pussies (resized).jpeg
    20201107_145609 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1601418922186 (resized).jpg

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 8 months ago

It’s your game do what you want.

#152 8 months ago

I don't. Everyone has had that killer ball that seems to last forever. Besides I think it just makes it more challenging when you have a bad first ball.

#153 8 months ago

Religiously.

#154 8 months ago

Of course!

"[bleep], what am I doing, I'm paying for this" -- from one of your location streams.

#155 8 months ago

No way I can afford to do that . That would be like paying 3 dollars a game or in my case 6 dollars per minute .

#156 8 months ago
    Quoted from skquinn:

On location recently: a fellow competitor and I found a (Stern) TMNT with a two player game, with ball 1 of player 1 having already been played/plunged. He takes player 2, I take player 1. I put up a new grand champion score with only two balls in play.

Crossing my fingers it wasn't the TMNT @ Einstein's in Richmond

4 weeks later
    #157 7 months ago

Restarts are common in my gameroom. Especially when it comes to WOZ.

IMG_2487 (resized).jpg
    #158 7 months ago

I would never restart.
    Now I own TZ with L-3 code. I am considering it.

2 months later
    #159 5 months ago

So many times I've had an awesome ball 1. Then drain drain drain. (Yep extra ball too). And I've put some of my best scores ever up on a great ball 3 run with bad first couple balls. I do not restart. Sometimes if it's a really bad game though I will just practice a specific shot or try a different strategy than i usually do.

3 weeks later
    #160 4 months ago
    Quoted from Teamhex:

Crossing my fingers it wasn't the TMNT @ Einstein's in Richmond

I wish it was. This was after (an attempt at) a tournament at Speedy's on Hempstead Road.

I look forward to eventually putting up a GC on TMNT at EinStein's in Richmond though. Great collection, but it's a bit of a drive.

#161 4 months ago

Never...but definitely get discouraged when ball 1 drains quick. Every ball counts is my motto - always time for a comeback!!!

#162 4 months ago
    Quoted from idealjoker:

Here's an example of a really excellent game beginning with a disastrous ball 1 and a mediocre ball 2. It felt very satisfying kicking the machine's butt after those first two balls...

I had a Deadpool game, 25 Million after 2 balls, final score 2.4 Billion.

#163 4 months ago
    Quoted from DNO:

I had a Deadpool game, 25 Million after 2 balls, final score 2.4 Billion.

Yeah, but imagine how much higher your score would’ve been if you had started over after ball 2?

#164 4 months ago
    Quoted from skquinn:

I wish it was. This was after (an attempt at) a tournament at Speedy's on Hempstead Road.
    I look forward to eventually putting up a GC on TMNT at EinStein's in Richmond though. Great collection, but it's a bit of a drive.

I say that because I have/had grand champion on it. Not a monster score, only like 33.5 million, but a gentleman that goes by "SPC WES" has been destroying high scores there so I don't have grand champ on as many machines anymore. I need to get back over there.

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside