(Topic ID: 320727)

Do you report pinball capital gains to the IRS?

By spidey

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you report pinball gains as taxable income?”

• Yes 10 votes
      13%
    • Shhhhhhh! 56 votes
      71%
    • I prefer to trade games to avoid capital gains 13 votes
      16%

(79 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ralph (resized).jpg
    aadebac0757506274c9eace39873cd33 (resized).jpg
    Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg
    ei8OO (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    TaxTables (resized).png
    2C2FBAD6-6E8B-4A6D-88B0-CF7377B2259D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7C446951-8AF2-4571-B934-DBCFB2DC1B8D.gif
    645C1A80-DF1E-4941-AC8D-752A6BC0356E.gif
    8F966EEC-081F-43FB-9B7A-6A4F2C7DF5DF (resized).png
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

You won’t find it on their site anymore either. It became a meme so fast they took it down. This was a few weeks ago but it’s common knowledge it was legit for how fast it spread.
    Take it with a grain of salt. When my dad worked for the USPS in downtown Saint Paul he had access to their private shooting range in the basement. Full autos were discharged there from time to time. Now, I’m guessing your mailman doesn’t carry, but depending on the position, some USPS workers do but not mail carriers that I know.
    That being said it does raise some eyebrows from an IRS perspective. It does make sense if some of the felony level tax offenders are into some other “stuff” too while being investigated.

The ad only applies to a small number of positions (approx 300) within the Dept.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-IRS-special-agent-gun-028823423140

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Pay parity with the private sector used to be closer than it is now. Professionals like lawyers, doctors, and CPAs can make way more in the private sector. Hours vary. If you are a government attorney dealing with litigation deadlines, good luck trying to keep to a 40 hour work week. The benefits aren’t bad, but probably not better than what the best of the private sector has to offer.

I can back this up. I'm in the Government IT sector and pay parity has gotten worse and the benefits aren't nearly as good as when I first started. I'm in my mid 40's and I'm the youngest member of my team because everyone that's young can make way more money working in the private sector. It's almost impossible to fill vacant positions with younger talent, you usually have to snipe employees from other Agencies or hire contractors on a limited term basis. I really like my job though and I'm working towards a pension so I can't really complain but I just laugh whenever someone brings up how much better the Government sector has it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-report-pinball-capital-gains-to-the-irs?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.