(Topic ID: 351928)

Do you prefer playing at home or a local pinball place?

By Nintegageo

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by briyau15
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rather play at home or a local place?”

• Home 126 votes
      88%
    • Local place 18 votes
      13%

(144 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6494 (resized).png
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 months ago

No local locations... so home.

I do go to locations anytime I travel though.

#52 5 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I am gonna catch flak for this but I will throw it out there as well. I prefer watching a movie at home versus going to the theater.
    I used to actually enjoy going to the theater, but the overpriced food, fees for advance buying an already overpriced ticket online, and that one person who sits there and plays with the wrapper on their box of candy in between moments of loudly chomping popcorn was the nail in the coffin.
    Yes.... I may start yelling at clouds in the near future.

+1 to this.

Ever since purchasing an UST projector (Samsung Premier) in 2020 I definitely don’t feel the need to return to theaters unless it’s a must see and I can’t wait until the digital version becomes available.

#53 5 months ago

Cann't beat the price of beer and the condition of games at home. I enjoy playing on location once in awhile, but home is the best. I love having folks over and playing pinball.

#54 5 months ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

You're not fooling anyone, you're saving that spot for Jaws.

That’s the ole “I don’t have the play cash for a fifth” setup.

#55 5 months ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Oh man! That is even worse. Give me sweat and ass any day.

When you're sweaty swamp ass man and covering it up with a gallon of cologne its even better. It's like when someone takes a sloppy steamer then sprays cheap air freshener in the bathroom.

#56 5 months ago

Home. I can hear the music and callouts and to me, that's a big part of the game. Unfortunately, unlike some of you, I can only have a select few.

I do go to location occasionally to get more variety.

#57 5 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I am gonna catch flak for this but I will throw it out there as well. I prefer watching a movie at home versus going to the theater.

Is this a hot take these days of 80" TVs?
    I find the theatre isn't very noisy in these days of reclining spread out seating. Plus heavy petting is more fun there then at home...and the popcorn is better. But I don't get out much like I used to.

Now, I have to get ready to head down and see 40th Anniversary of Dune @ 4

#58 5 months ago

Seems like the only time I’ll go to a movie theatre is when I’m out of town and desperately needing to burn time. The gap between a rehearsal dinner and wedding is something I dread.

#59 5 months ago

Love the theatre for packed-house new releases. Audience reaction etc outweighs the douche-bags.

#60 5 months ago

Home is just so easy. We have some awesome local venues but ultimately I'm lazy and only go to them if there is a specific game I want to check out. I'm not big on organised comps anymore so they aren't a draw for me.

#61 5 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Is this a hot take these days of 80" TVs?

After getting a high end model 85” and adding Dolby Atmos 5.1 surround system, this has been my take. I’ve gone as far to say I’ll never go to a theater again, but never say never I guess. Last time I went was for Maverick. Maybe I’ll go again for Top Gun 3.

To add, in the age of every movie needing to be 2.5+ hrs long these days. I like splitting viewing sessions up. Watched Oppenheimer and Flower Moon in two sittings throughout a day.

#62 5 months ago

i prefer home where i can hear the game, as well as know its level and at the correct pitch. also, i like to nudge on a good clip sometimes, and on location that generally means ... TILT!

but i do support many operators when out and about and find pinball to play.

Quoted from gandamack:

I used to actually enjoy going to the theater, but the overpriced food, fees for advance buying an already overpriced ticket online, and that one person who sits there and plays with the wrapper on their box of candy in between moments of loudly chomping popcorn was the nail in the coffin.
    Yes.... I may start yelling at clouds in the near future.

amen!! no more theaters for me, i cant hold my bladder that long, and i love to eat and drink too much while watching a movie...

#63 5 months ago

I will say that even though I prefer home play, I find it more rewarding achieving a replay and free game in the wild, especially getting familiar with a new game.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.