(Topic ID: 289929)

Do You Prefer Lowballs or What's the Lowest You'll go?

By CrazyLevi

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210901-142843 (resized).png
    C085ABA2-6B37-40F2-80F4-4B787CD5219D (resized).jpeg
    The_Negotiator-747975483-large (resized).jpg
    12644F55-4830-45B0-9E75-E4406FC70362 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8726 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8719 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8718 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8717 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2601 (resized).jpg
    direction-12-oz.-highball-glass (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider majorrager.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

I'll admit. I am a low ball guy. But I mostly buy low end, not working, and one or more of: bad cabinet, playfield, back glass, EM games. I show up in person, make my offer and if they say it is worth more I will agree that to someone it might be worth more. But to me it is only worth X because of the work, time, and money I am going to have to put in to it. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But I am always polite and understanding. On the selling side, unless you are out of town, I never negotiate by text or phone. And standard answer to any local offer, is "when do you want to come see it, we can talk price then".

I agree with all of this. Any time you sell anything on Craigslist, 7 out of 10 emails will be "Will you take $x.xx for it, or are you negotiable on price? Maybe I'm too old fashioned, or maybe the internet has made people lazy or afraid of in- person negotiations, but I will never negotiate a price buying or selling over the internet. The final deal should be made face to face. 5 of the last 8 pins I bought, I got because I was the first to show in person and negotiate face to face over the price. I've also gone home empty handed plenty of times when the price couldn't be negotiated to where I needed it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider majorrager.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-prefer-lowballs-or-how-low-will-you-go?tu=majorrager and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.