(Topic ID: 289929)

Do You Prefer Lowballs or What's the Lowest You'll go?

By CrazyLevi

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210901-142843 (resized).png
    C085ABA2-6B37-40F2-80F4-4B787CD5219D (resized).jpeg
    The_Negotiator-747975483-large (resized).jpg
    12644F55-4830-45B0-9E75-E4406FC70362 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8726 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8719 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8718 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8717 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2601 (resized).jpg
    direction-12-oz.-highball-glass (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

I don’t mind any of it. If someone asked me the lowest I’d take for a game I’m selling, I’ll tell them. I do agree it’s an odd request though. Just make an offer.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

My favorites are when I get offered boats or appliances from Craiglist pin sales. I stopped using Craigslist because of all the weird offers. At least here you can research the buyer some and feel them out before responding.

Yeah. One time someone just listed everything in their garage and said I could have whatever.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I have no issue with low offers that are reasonable. If I am asking $3K for a machine, I am not going to get upset at someone offering $2200. It's a starting point to negotiations. However, a starting offer of $1500 is going to get you crickets. The second someone tries to lecture me on pricing, game over, we are done.

But why why can’t you just say thanks but no thanks. Lowest I’ll go is $Xxx

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Because their next offer is below whatever you say. Guaranteed.

Then you say thanks but no thanks. Haha

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Why should I as a seller throw out the lowest I will go is $X right away?

Because it’s easy? Take off $100 and stay there. My lowest is usually much higher with this type of potential buyer.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Lets get a round or two of offers going 1st,

Yeah I guess I don’t want to go round and round. I’d rather sell the game and move on.

#71 3 years ago

Why is lowballing bad? I’ve never understood that. If I’m selling a $2,000 game and someone offers me two dollars for it, I’m going to say thanks but no thanks, lowest I’ll go is $1800. Let me know if you change your mind.

#114 3 years ago

Call me crazy, but to me OBO means or best offer. If you’re best offer is 99% under asking, so be it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-prefer-lowballs-or-how-low-will-you-go?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.