(Topic ID: 289929)

Do You Prefer Lowballs or What's the Lowest You'll go?

By CrazyLevi

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210901-142843 (resized).png
    C085ABA2-6B37-40F2-80F4-4B787CD5219D (resized).jpeg
    The_Negotiator-747975483-large (resized).jpg
    12644F55-4830-45B0-9E75-E4406FC70362 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8726 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8719 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8718 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8717 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2601 (resized).jpg
    direction-12-oz.-highball-glass (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 3 years ago

When I'm truly interested, the conversation is basically . . .

Me: If I were to commit right now, what is your absolute best price?
    The normal counter: If you commit/buy now, I would take $X
    Me (If I think their price is reasonable): Would you take $X minus $Y (in a pin, I might go $100 - $200 less than what they say), then we work things out from there
    Me (If I think their price is unreasonable): Well, I think you price is high based upon my research for this title sold recently in similar condition (I did my homework ahead of time). I'd be willing to offer $Y as my best price. Depending upon response we either work it out, or I walk away with no hard feelings.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Once someone pulls out the "based on my research" it becomes here is the price, take it or fucking beat it.

Actually, I used that exact verbiage recently when helping a friend by his new pin. Seller was asking about $600 too much IMO based upon the game's current value. He came down to about $100 higher than what I told him I thought the game was worth, and deal got done. Of course, this occurred face-to-face, so neither of us took things personally or out of context at the time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-prefer-lowballs-or-how-low-will-you-go?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.