(Topic ID: 51697)

Do you play your best when you're in a hurry?

By Benaar

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yoshootme
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AFM_gc.jpg

#1 10 years ago

It was raining this morning when I stepped out of the house to head to work so I thought I'd play a quick game of AFM and wait for it to pass. Half an hour later I was re-elected as Ruler of the Universe w/ a personal best of 40B points. Dirty Pool'ed saucer number 5. Hit 3 super jackpots during multiball to set up 1 billion point supers during RTU. Just an epic game all around.

Why do I always have my best games when I'm supposed to be somewhere else?

AFM_gc.jpgAFM_gc.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Because you are just reacting and not overthinking.

#3 10 years ago

Yup, I always have my best games if I'm like "I'm just gonna play a quick one before work (or going to bed)". That's when I always seem to get my highest scores or get to wizard modes lol....but if someone's over and I'm trying to just show them something cool that happens when you hit the ramp, I can't hit the damn ramp!!!

#4 10 years ago

I absolutely do. Was playing Sopranos before work today and got my best score. I knew that had to be my last game otherwise I'd be late.

Other times, I play really well when I'm just chatting it up with a friend and not trying to do well, b/c then they have to stare and watch me play for a long time while potentially getting bored. Usually what ends up happening though is I have the game of my life.

#5 10 years ago

If I am in a hurry or bad mood the game knows and punishes me... Its like I have to find my zen moment.

#6 10 years ago

I always start games when someone is about to come over because it seems like I will have a long game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 10 years ago

Usually never fails....when you have time to play a bunch the ball seems to find the outlanes....when you just want to get in a quick game you don't over think your play(as mentioned by stretch) and eveything seems to line up.

Great game BTW

#8 10 years ago

It's so true! My personal best Medieval Madness game is one I played during a coffee break at work (yes we have a MM at work, go ahead and be jealous). Just one of those "oh I've got about 10 minutes to kill" moments and 45 minutes later I've defeated the King of Payne twice and racked up over 600M points!

#9 10 years ago

I recently got into a situation where my adrenaline was pumping (a bum near a bus stop was raising everyone's blood pressure by being real nasty and threatening people) and I was wondering if it would be helpful to run directly to a pinball and try it while I'm in that jumpy, excited state. Like if someone were to act like they were going to mug me or something on my way inside the bar.

#11 10 years ago

If I play a quick game before work, a TV show, going out somewhere, etc., I always have a great game. Forces me to either be late or quit the game (which sucks but sometimes has to be done)

#12 10 years ago

I always have my best games when I least expect it!

#13 10 years ago

not only do I seem to have my best games while trying to "get one quick game in" but inevitably my cell phone rings more than once! lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
16,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 21.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-play-your-best-when-youre-in-a-hurry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.