(Topic ID: 55153)

Do you play Standing up or sitting down?

By bearsfan27

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you Stand or Sit?”

• Stand 183 votes
      84%
    • Sit 9 votes
      4%
    • Both 21 votes
      10%
    • Depends on the game 6 votes
      3%

(219 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NoSit.jpg
    004-side.jpg
    BC.jpg
    RS2.jpg
    RS1.jpg
    RS.jpg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Now taking preorders for new tshirt: PINSIDERS DO IT STANDING UP.

#52 10 years ago

Needs a picture too. Silhouette man playing pinball sitting on a stool with a red circle around with the line through it.

Sorta like this, but make the black parts available in different colors (and match the text colors to it) and on a black shirt.

NoSit.jpgNoSit.jpg

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

(Leaning is also the best way to appreciate a shaker motor. )

Amen!

#54 10 years ago

Personally I've always liked "Pinball wizards do it with steel balls", myself.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I play this one on my knees...

What is the name of that machine?

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

What is the name of that machine?

Was a stern Magic.

#57 10 years ago

thought about trying a stool but never got to that yet, really wish i could lay down and play.

#58 10 years ago

I found a TZ and TAF stool(s) w matching pin mats on eBay, bought awhile back....look cool in front of the machines, but I play standing up if I'm trying to actually have a good game.....a stool doesn't suck as an option, however...when I'm in lazy mode ( most of the time after work)....machines definitely play different for sure......mark

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Was a stern Magic.

Thanks! Keen looking game but that custom ?? Case is amazing? Did you make it yourself? It would match in my living room

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

LMAO! Robin should sell that shirt; I'd buy one.

#61 10 years ago

Tried the bar stool move, it just doesn't work. Unless I break a leg, I'm standing.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Tried the bar stool move, it just doesn't work. Unless I break a leg, I'm standing.

ive not tried it- but it dose seam like it would feel real weird----- i just started playing some flliperless pinball and it feels so strange not, not haveing to have my finger on the button. just feels weird right when you start the game......

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from bearsfan27:

As an old EM player I always stood up while playing as you always needed body English to play the games. But it seems with the newer pins that they move so fast that isn't as important as it used to be and I find myself hardly moving the pin at all. So lately I have been sitting down more and more. Maybe I am just getting old and like sitting more. I am a runner so maybe that has something to do with it also. Tired legs? How do you play and why?

I never felt I could see all I needed to see sitting down. I guess it is the angle (view) of the playfield.

#64 10 years ago

How do you tilt the machine while sitting ?

#65 10 years ago

I've tried stools or sitting while playing as the league I'm in one of the best players is a guy in a wheelchair. I've come to realize its not the wheelchair that makes him a better player. I do lean over now more often when trying to make some shots but sitting does not feel right for me while playing.

#66 10 years ago

both, early ss sitting.
    new game, standing up.

i guess It Depends on the Way I Feel at That Very Moment!

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

How do you tilt the machine while sitting ?

Simple physics.

Two bodies at rest have a force applied pushing them apart. The force is shared according to the relative masses of the two objects.

A heavy guy could do it from a stool much easier than a slightly built person, and so forth.

Also, I've seen tilts so tight they'd go off if you didn't hold your breath...

If you're trying to push hard enough to overcome friction with the floor, yeah, you'll likely fall off a stool.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

Thanks! Keen looking game but that custom ?? Case is amazing? Did you make it yourself? It would match in my living room

Yeah, was a fun project link here...
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freaking-cool-or-desecration

#69 10 years ago

I've seen people play sitting on stools, but there's no WAY I have sufficient arm strength to nudge the machine that way. I can barely make a difference throwing my whole total momentum at it.

#70 10 years ago

I just picked up a Haunted House (thanks robx46!) and I can't even see in the upper level and basement levels unless I stand up.

For Doctor Who and Fire! I can use a stool....at least, I can start off that way. Sometimes it makes it easier to see the ball coming at the flippers from a weird angle. But then when it gets fast, I generally end up knocking the stool over to stand up and move around. I'm trying to convince my 21yo that it's a good workout, and she doesn't even have to go to the gym or go outside for it!

#71 10 years ago

We have a bunch of bar stools in the arcade. Most of them have migrated to the arcade games or poker machines. A couple have remained in the pinball area but everyone uses them when they aren't playing. Personally I can't play sitting down, I've tried it doesn't work for me. Can't nudge at all and I keep cracking my knees off the coin return.

#72 10 years ago

Usually that is what I see, the bar stools get used more by the players that are waiting their turn.
    Nothing wrong with that.

MLV

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Playing or Peeing?

Both when I think about it......

1 year later
    #74 9 years ago

I'm in a wheelchair. So, of course, I always play sitting down.

#75 9 years ago

I never even considered sitting as a viable way to play pinball... just seems wrong

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-play-standing-up-or-sitting-down/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.