Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spidey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I was just wondering if I was the only one who did this.

I like to play 4 player games and I try to do the best I can for each player. Usually there is one player that stands out which I don't understand how I can do poorly on 3 players and then one has a great game. (This is all relative to my skill level, my great games = most of your poor games at this point. So imagine what my poor games are like! But I digress.)

#2 10 years ago

Sometimes i do and i give each player a name

one of them is name Naked Man...he always play Naked!

#3 10 years ago

No, only single player. Especially at pinball shows.

#4 10 years ago

Used to with em's only. Never at shows though. At shows it a douchebag move.

#5 10 years ago

I may be wrong but I swear that my Getaway has a different points structure during multiple play games. IOW, play three or more and bonuses change, jackpots go up.

So I will play 3 or 4 games.

#6 10 years ago

Yes, I do it with Ironman.....hopefully one out of the four games is decent

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

I like to play 4 player games and I try to do the best I can for each player.

I play an older EM Gottlieb that once you tilt a player you are disqualified which a 4 player gives more opportunity to get tilt parameters dialed in,plus it gives all the contacts and rotating assemblies a good workout.

Quoted from MrBally:

Used to with em's only.

Ditto^ Only thing I know.

#8 10 years ago

No. Its hard enough keeping the multiple personalitys in check

#9 10 years ago

When its a game I like and I know I'll play 4 games anyway and there is no one around who may want to use the machine, yep.

4 in 10 chance of a match > 1 in 10 chance of a match.

#10 10 years ago

To be clear, I only do this at home. Not shows or bars or anything.

#11 10 years ago

I like playing single player. It seems to flow better as I am trying to make objectives in a game. If I have a really good ball I want to follow it up and not have to play 3 more before I get back to that game.

#12 10 years ago

You should play all 4 players if you own the game...By doing so you keep all the

reels well tuned.

#13 10 years ago

No. Single player only. Don't see the point. But do as you please.

#14 10 years ago

When I'm at home, sometimes I'll play a multiple player game, playing a different strategy for each player to see which one scores the most points.

#15 10 years ago

I will only play 4 player on Comet when I am at home and alone. Never in the wild or at a show. I like to hit the million point jackpot and it's too disappointing to get to ball 3 and loose your opportunity. When you are playing 4 player, you have more chances to win a million!!

#16 10 years ago

I play 4 players sometimes but mostly when I'm doing checks after repairs or just looking to see each player is registering correctly.

#17 10 years ago

I only do one player. I want to concentrate on one game, not many.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I like playing single player. It seems to flow better as I am trying to make objectives in a game. If I have a really good ball I want to follow it up and not have to play 3 more before I get back to that game.

^ this!
    exactly what I was gonna write.

#20 10 years ago

Nope, gives you more concentration.

#21 10 years ago

Never started 2 players by myself; at least not on purpose.

#22 10 years ago

Only on the EM games. On occasion I will go multi-player just to keep all of the score reels
    alive.

#23 10 years ago

Nope... and I don't play 2 player games either.

#24 10 years ago

As stated above, only to work my EM`s

#25 10 years ago

No, because that's kind of weird

#26 10 years ago

I have never claimed to be completely normal.

I don't play 4 player games exclusively, I do play a lot of single player games, but when I'm having a lot of bad games, I start a 4 player match to get some practice on shots and different strategies. Or sometimes I just view it as a way of playing Solitaire, pinball style. I am one of four players, play the best I can on each, and hope to win.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of pinball interested friends to stop by and play.

#27 10 years ago

some guys here need to meet a doctor... (and OK, i admit, i sometime play a 4 players game too)

#28 10 years ago

I'm a 2 player gamer, home or bars , not shows...

#29 10 years ago

I play 2 player sometimes so if my wife comes over and wants to play a ball or 2 I let her on the game I am doing worse

#30 10 years ago

Not intentionally. It happens when I've had a bad game and I'm impatiently pushing the start button rapidly to start the next game. Voila! 4 player game.

#31 10 years ago

Haha, I do that too! Occasionally if the game is starting to irritate me and my patience is running out I start hitting start to restart the game. Sometimes my timing is off or the machine isn't set to do this, and enter next player. Only at home do I do this, but only at home do I play enough to get irritated. Also, if I did it in the wild, that wastes a credit.

#32 10 years ago

No. You will lose the moment.

#33 10 years ago

Only to "use them up" after my nieces/nephews have played and walked away from it mid-game (they are 11 9 and 7 years old).

Not a big deal at my place, but this was the stuff of nightmares amongst certain ones of us in that infamous "Do you have rules in your gameroom?" thread LOL

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-ever-feel-like-you-have-to-set-rules-for-your-gameroom

#34 10 years ago

I do when playing my EMs. Keeping all those score reels rolling helps prevent problems later. On my EM bowler, I'll play all 6 players every once-in-awhile.

Always interesting how close together, and sometimes how far apart, your scores can be.

#35 10 years ago

Sometimes, usually because I want to test out different strategies. I'll play one player focusing on one goal and another player trying to do something else and compare how the games progress.

#36 10 years ago

On Flintstones I discovered that the dmd animation for Water Buffaloes is different for players 2 and 4, and didn't figure this out for the longest time because I would always player single player. But my son likes to hit the Start button a bunch so I finally stumbled upon this "easter egg."

On TZ the powerball can keep coming back to you on multi-player, which is usually a bad thing for me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-play-4-player-games-by-yourself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.