(Topic ID: 45663)

Do you own a movie themed pin for a movie you've never seen?

By pinmanguy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

meteor_nov.jpg

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Creature for me also. The movie is just a little bit before my time.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Creature for me also. The movie is just a little bit before my time.

Yea, and it's never been on tv or VHS or DVD either

#53 10 years ago

I have never seen congo but it doesn't seem like its made after a movie like other pins I have owned like JM and DM.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I've never seen a full episode of DrWho and I own the game.

Stop what you are doing. Subscribe to Netflix or something of the like immediately if you haven't already. Start with the 2005 episode "Rose", watch through to current episode "The Bells of St. John". Go back to Classic Who episodes after that. Don't worry about work, chores, anything else in life until this is done....thank me later.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Title says it all, does anyone own a movie themed pin for a movie they've never actually seen? I've been looking at the next title to add to my collection and a couple I enjoy playing (congo, Last Action Hero, Frankenstein) I've never actually seen the movie for. Anyone else got pins for films they haven't seen? If you buy a movie themed pin do you make an effort to watch that movie at some point?

Well, I own a SM, but have not really ever been able to sit though 1 of the movies. Just not into the comic thing...but I like the way the game plays. I did try here this past fall to watch them...but the only thing I got out of the parts of them that I watched was that they did use voice calls from the movie, and I can pick them out now in the game... I had not watched any of them (or had any desire to) before I owned the game though...

Phoebe

#56 10 years ago

About to own a Congo and never seen that. Never saw T3 and had one of those.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

I see what you did there even if others didn't lol

If it were ambiguous, then rearranging the question to "does anyone own a movie themed pin they've never actually seen for a movie?" would have to make sense. It doesn't.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Stop what you are doing. Subscribe to Netflix or something of the like immediately if you haven't already. Start with the 2005 episode "Rose", watch through to current episode "The Bells of St. John". Go back to Classic Who episodes after that. Don't worry about work, chores, anything else in life until this is done....thank me later.

Thanks, I will someday, but have to choose what to do with my time. So far, watching series isn't one in my 'priority list'. I'll thank you later someday and will probably admit that I was wrong and my priorities should have been different .

#59 10 years ago

This is crazy,if you own a movie theme pin you MUST see the movie! The game wouldn't make sense if you didn't!!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I own POTC and IJ4. Sad but I haven't seen pirates or any of the Indiana Jones movies

Oh, that's just wrong wrong wrong... whether you own the pins or not. You MUST see the Indiana Jones movies --- at least the first one and third one for sure. And, POTC is nearly as wrong... at least the first 2 POTC movies were great fun... lost a little of their edge after that, but still fun.

#61 10 years ago

I own avengers, but have never seen it. I have it but have not watched it yet.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

About to own a Congo and never seen that. Never saw T3 and had one of those.

I think Congo is a great popcorn flick. I've seen it 4 times and would watch it again tonight if I could. T3 is also surprisingly good. It's weird, because the real Arnie was featured in it, but the movie got much less attention than the most recent Terminator movie, where people buzzed about a CGI Arnie who is on screen for less than 5 minutes.

#63 10 years ago

I currently own and have not seen the movie or even tv series before are: Congo, STTNG and LOTR. From my past pins I have also not seen are: JM, Flintstones and Shadow.

I just recently watched Tron Legacy and it gave me a whole new appreciation for the game call outs and mode progression.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yea, and it's never been on tv or VHS or DVD either

It is released on DVD, and for sale in different prices

ebay.com link: 1954 Monster Horror Creature from the Black Lagoon

#65 10 years ago

yes
Tron and JM

#66 10 years ago

congo

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

This is crazy,if you own a movie theme pin you MUST see the movie! The game wouldn't make sense if you didn't!!

Yeah, I kinda don't get it...who doesn't kill time watching movies or shows occasionally? What's an hour and a half to understand the theme of your game a bit better? OK, LOTR - that's a good 10 hours of your life or so....lol....but still, I watched the extended LOTR trilogy after I bought the game....it was really fun because every time I heard a music cue or voice call from the game it would make me happy lol.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I first owned BSD and later watched the movie.

Excellent!

#69 10 years ago

I own a GTB "Eye of the Tiger", the 2P EM version of Sinbad,
apparently Columbia (part of conglomeration that owned GTB at that time)
also had a Sinbad movie out at the time called that,
but I am pretty sure i never seen it.

#70 10 years ago

I have seen Shadow before I got mine, decent movie, but a great game.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I have seen Shadow before I got mine, decent movie, but a great game.

I saw kwiKi walking up the driveway before I sold mine. Good game, but a great guy. Glad you like it kwiKi. Did leveling it out fix the sanctum issue?

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did leveling it out fix the sanctum issue?

A little bit, but it's the hook that released the ball during Shadow MB.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-sactum-ball-eject-issue

#73 10 years ago

Hey kwiKi, when I first got Shadow, I had the same problem. The hook was too tight to the playfield, but from underneath it is adjustable, which is what I did. Maybe not enough, but it always worked great after that. Check and see if there is some up and down play. And wipe out that dust or whatever it is.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

My mom had to borrow my DVD of Addams Family after she got her pin and didn't know what they were talking about. Then I ordered Frankenstein after she got her MSF, and now that it is at my house I've got the DVD because I've never seen it either. I also had to order her the Flintstones movie because she hasn't seen it, but has the pin being delivered next week.
So, that's 3 times for my family.

There's a little bit on the making of MSF in The History of Pinball DVD.

#75 10 years ago

I hadn't seen JM before I got the pin, but I found the blu on clearance for next to nothing and now have seen it.

The pin is better.

#76 10 years ago

We got Congo, Frankenstein, demolition Man, and BSD without my having seen the movies. But then we quickly remedied that. Except for Congo. We didn't get all the way through that during the time we owned the pin.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Oh, that's just wrong wrong wrong... whether you own the pins or not. You MUST see the Indiana Jones movies --- at least the first one and third one for sure. And, POTC is nearly as wrong... at least the first 2 POTC movies were great fun... lost a little of their edge after that, but still fun.

And DO NOT see the 4th Indy Movie.

Only see the 4th Indy movie if you thought Blues Brothers 2000 was a good sequel.

#78 10 years ago

I own a World Cup Soccer but I didn't watch the world cup that year.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey kwiKi, when I first got Shadow, I had the same problem. The hook was too tight to the playfield, but from underneath it is adjustable, which is what I did. Maybe not enough, but it always worked great after that. Check and see if there is some up and down play. And Wipe Out that dust or whatever it is.

Will do, but I tried lifting up the PF and lost 2 balls, currently looking for them......

#80 10 years ago

Just bought a Flash Gordon, but never saw the movie.

#81 10 years ago

Yes Maverick owned it for 7+ years still havent watched the movie even after downloading many years ago.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congo, JM, DM, Shadow are all pins I've owned but never saw the movie.

So Demolition Man was on cable the other night, so I went ahead and recorded it. I watched it last night.

Is this movie really as bad as people say? Why yes, yes it is! Really super cheesy and lame.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So Demolition Man was on cable the other night, so I went ahead and recorded it. I watched it last night.
Is this movie really as bad as people say? Why yes, yes it is! Really super cheesy and lame.

I must be the only dude that loves Demolition Man, Congo and the '98 Godzilla.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Will do, but I tried lifting up the PF and lost 2 balls, currently looking for them......

I'm still looking for those 2 balls!

Might have to buy some.

#85 10 years ago

Yes.
Black Rose. It was on regular TV yesterday and since the movie is full of swearing, violence and sex, I figured they are going to cut out all the good parts so why bother. Not to mention that you can tell the dot matrix display was CGI. When the guy does the jumping jacks after escaping the shark, it looked so fake.

Comet. Fell asleep after about 20 minutes. Could not get into the plot. The dummy's acting seems forced. The sound effects seemed ok, but did not hold my interest. Maybe the following two sequels will be better.

Haunted House. Did not see the movie but did read the book. Heard that the movie had its share of problems. Hope it gets remade some day if it has the right crew working on it. When was that original one made? The 80's? I feel so old. Guess some people consider it a classic.

Theatre of Magic. Ever since that cow Oprah ranted and raved about the movie, my wife has been on my back to see it. I wish that she kept her opinions to herself. "Its so beautiful!" "It flows!" Give me a break. What is she going to do next? Tell us who we should vote for president? I don't know about you people, but if I watched ToM it would be almost as bad as sitting through The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I would rather have my eyes surgically removed with fiberglass insulation. Mind your business Oprah. On top of it all, she gives out flyers, key chains and speaker cut-outs and people think she is the best thing since ball saves. Its not like she can't afford it. She makes a kazillion dollars. Want to impress me b****? Give everyone a MM or a CC. If not, shove those stupid cut-outs.

Everything else I have seen.

#86 10 years ago

wow. I was kind of hoping to hear some comments on my ridiculous post.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

wow. I was kind of hoping to hear some comments on my ridiculous post.

I think you confused alot of people.

This is not 100% on topic but I have not seen any of the following movies based on top 100 pins.

Spiderman, Addams Family, IJ (any of them), Star Trek, Tron, TS, IM, XM, TF, BDK, Congo, JM, MSF, DM, ST, LAH, GOldenye.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I think you confused alot of people.
This is not 100% on topic but I have not seen any of the following movies based on top 100 pins.
spiderman, Addams Family, IJ (any of them), Star Trek, Tron, TS, IM, XM, TF, BDK, Congo, JM, MSF, DM, ST, LAH, GOldenye.

Manyof those movies sucked, so thats ok.... but:

Never......Seen.....Indiana Jones?

#89 10 years ago

I dont understand how any grown adult could have never seen Indiana Jones.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

I dont understand how any grown adult could have never seen Indiana Jones.

I know it's strange but i haven't. I'm thirty-something.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I know it's strange but i haven't. I'm thirty-something.

It is a bit surprising.... I want to email you at least one MP4 to watch!

Did you also skip/dislike the Star Wars movies, LOTR, etc?

#93 10 years ago

BSD for me - never seen the movie!
But hey I bought the game about about a month ago - Did not intend to get a pin at that time, but it was listed locally quite cheap and partly taken apart.
Havent had time to shop yet, so I have never played the game - must be an even trade!!

Usually when I get a game with a movie theme, I watch the movie within a few days - well this just did'nt work with swep1!
Taf on the other hand - I did see the movie back then, but what a pleasent surprice to watch those movies again!

#94 10 years ago

Too bad ES already exists. The callouts could be extremely funny.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Cumberland, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
4,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Snell, VA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-own-a-movie-themed-pin-for-a-movie-youve-never-seen/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.