(Topic ID: 45663)

Do you own a movie themed pin for a movie you've never seen?

By pinmanguy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

meteor_nov.jpg
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Title says it all, does anyone own a movie themed pin for a movie they've never actually seen? I've been looking at the next title to add to my collection and a couple I enjoy playing (congo, last action hero, frankenstein) I've never actually seen the movie for. Anyone else got pins for films they haven't seen? If you buy a movie themed pin do you make an effort to watch that movie at some point?

#2 11 years ago

I have never seen The Shadow, but enjoy the pin. I guess I need to see it. Heard it is not that great.

#3 11 years ago

I own Apollo13 and have not seen the movie.

#4 11 years ago

I have never watched Star Trek:Next Generation on TV or in any movie, yet own the pin. Does that count twice?

#5 11 years ago

Did we do this last month?

#6 11 years ago

I currently own a LAH and used to have a DM. Never seen the movies.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I own Apollo13 and have not seen the movie.

I also owned a Shadow and do not remember seeing the movie (tho I do remember having seen PART of it)

#8 11 years ago

I own a NASCAR pin and I've never been to a race or even watched a whole one on TV.

It kinda counts.

#9 11 years ago

I'd buy a Playboy if I could do a playmate.

#10 11 years ago

Yes, Congo

#11 11 years ago

I haven't seen the third Transformers movie yet.... That kind of counts.

#12 11 years ago

some day i will watch Spiderman

#13 11 years ago

Until a couple of months ago, I never saw the Shadow.

#14 11 years ago

Never saw JM until after I sold it. Enjoyed the game while I had it, but the movie was TERRIBLE.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Never saw JM until after I sold it. Enjoyed the game while I had it, but the movie was TERRIBLE.

I still haven't seen it. I owned mine for a month and planned to see it, but it just never happened. Now that I sold the pin, I feel no need to see it.

#16 11 years ago

I bought my JM in January of 2008, and then bought the DVD in October. I've still not played the pin or watched the DVD. I think I've not even turned it on. Thus the habits of a pinball hoarder.

#17 11 years ago

Same here

#18 11 years ago

I have never seen LOTR or Johnny Mneumonic. Own both pins though.

Chris

#19 11 years ago

Congo, JM, DM, Shadow are all pins I've owned but never saw the movie.

#20 11 years ago

I can't wait to get my new room setup with my projector to watch Stargate for the first time.

#21 11 years ago

I've never seen the Frankenstien movie. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Batman Forever

#22 11 years ago

Haven't seen BSD but the in-laws say it was good!

#23 11 years ago

Only saw about 10 min of shadow

Tron on the other hand, I have watched many times

#24 11 years ago

I've only owned two pins: JP and JD. JD is unrelated to the films, although I have seen them. When I bought JP I re-watched the film and it made the pin more enjoyable. I'll make a point of doing that for any future pins I own that are movie themed. It makes any references to the movie more meaningful and adds value to the pin, IMO. Worthwhile indeed.

#25 11 years ago

Not a movie but I have Doctor Who and I have only seen the new stuff, none of the episodes with any of the Doctors actually on the pin.

#26 11 years ago

My mom had to borrow my DVD of Addams Family after she got her pin and didn't know what they were talking about. Then I ordered Frankenstein after she got her MSF, and now that it is at my house I've got the DVD because I've never seen it either. I also had to order her the Flintstones movie because she hasn't seen it, but has the pin being delivered next week.

So, that's 3 times for my family.

#27 11 years ago

I've never seen the TAF movie or Spiderman. I owned BF and have never seen the movie.

#28 11 years ago

I owned a Meteor, which was based off a really bad movie I believe, never saw it

#29 11 years ago

If you haven't seen Congo, it's worth seeing for Tim Curry's performance alone. It's awesomely bad. Although the whole movie sucks nicely as well.

#30 11 years ago

I haven't seen any of the three movies named The Getaway

#31 11 years ago

I never watched Simpsons and don't watch it now, but the TSPP pin is the best and so enjoyable!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from slow1000rider03:

Haven't seen BSD but the in-laws say it was good!

It's a great adaptation of Dracula outside of Keanu Reeves' God awful acting. Every other actor in the movie is amazing (Oldman, Tom Waits, Hopkins, Richard E. Grant, Ryder), why FFC hired such a turd like Reeves in the main role I will never know.

#33 11 years ago

I owned Tron before I saw the movie (Tron Legacy).

#34 11 years ago

Shadow, but finally watched the movie last week... it was pretty bad.

#35 11 years ago

I own POTC and IJ4. Sad but I haven't seen pirates or any of the Indiana Jones movies

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

or any of the Indiana Jones movies

How is this possible???

Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Shadow, but finally watched the movie last week... it was pretty bad.

Indeed. This movie is one of those things in life that can't be unseen. Tread carefully for those of you thinking about watching this bomb.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Tread carefully for those of you thinking about watching this bomb.

I kind of liked it- or should I say there is much worse! It would have been cooler if Charlie Sheen had the title role.

#38 11 years ago

BSD & JM. Sill own them, like them, can't bring myself to watch the movies in case I can't look at my pins afterward. Hmmm........... It's the same actor in both movies that I can't stand watching. What a shame his face is plastered (big time) all over JM. That pin would be worth twice as much if it wasn't.

#39 11 years ago

I never saw Meteor, but I did read the book.

Great game BTW.

meteor_nov.jpgmeteor_nov.jpg

#40 11 years ago

I've had my BSD for almost 8 years or so. Bought the DVD shortly after I got the pin. Don't think I've even unwrapped the DVD.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Title says it all, does anyone own a movie themed pin for a movie they've never actually seen?

Yeah- there's hundreds of folks here that own a movie-based pin that they've never seen....

oh wait... you mean
"never seen the movie" or "never seen the pin"?

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yeah- there's hundreds of folks here that own a movie-based pin that they've never seen....

oh wait... you mean

I don't see any ambiguity.

Anyway, do I win? I own:

1. JM
2. DM
3. BSD
4. Shadow
5. LAH

Haven't seen any of them. I'll get around to them, bought the DVDs when I found them cheap...

#43 11 years ago

I bought JM then watched the movie a few weeks after. Its an absolute disaster, so bad its funny. For so long after I bought the pin I thought it was Gilbert Gottfried on the backglass. Until I watched the movie.

I've watched The Shadow and never played the pin. It was also terrible but, in a not so funny kind of way. The first time I learned there was a TS pin I started laughing thinkng about how awful it probably was, but was pleasntly surprised to read otherwise.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I kind of liked it- or should I say there is much worse! It would have been cooler if Charlie Sheen had the title role.
» YouTube video

Oh my god that was bad. I saw the movie a long time ago, and apparently my memory was flawed, because I do not remember it being that bad.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I have never seen LOTR or Johnny Mneumonic. Own both pins though.
Chris

What???? Get on LOTR now!!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

oh wait... you mean

I see what you did there even if others didn't lol

#47 11 years ago

I used to (Stargate), and I will again in a couple weeks (Johnny Mnemonic). As of right now, no, I do not..

#48 11 years ago

Not seen it in the list .... CFTBL
Bought the DVD but did not have the courage to watch that spectacle of special-effects

#49 11 years ago

- I first owned BSD and later watched the movie. Really great to have the 'wow, that line is taken from the pinball as well!' experience . I think it's a nice movie.

- I've never seen a full episode of DrWho and I own the game.

- Stargate the same as BSD: I searched on ebay for the movie after owning the pinball. Really not a great movie, but not too bad either (I think most pinballs are based on movies that aren't really good, like all the action hero themes.... fun, but not more than that).

#50 11 years ago

No and I do not think there is a pin made after a movie that I have not seen.

Use to watch too many movies

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-own-a-movie-themed-pin-for-a-movie-youve-never-seen/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.