(Topic ID: 78663)

Do you own a game made the year you were born ?

By PinballSTAR

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jsyjay
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image-19.jpg
    20150615_194103.jpg
    Roses2.jpg
    4Roses.jpg
    Boomerang.jpg
    Lucky_Ace.jpg
    Far_Out.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    blackknight2000.jpg
    image-3-1.jpg
    image-21.jpg
    1969-08.jpg

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 3 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Someone give me either a Monster Bash, Champion Pub, or Cactus Canyon and I'll be set
    I don't really plan on buying any of those 3 ever, too expensive and I'm not a particularly big fan of any of them.

Yep! Same year... 1998 for me as well. And can't afford any of those either!

#53 3 years ago

I have a 1961 Williams Skill Ball. Their first add-a-ball!

#54 3 years ago

I have a 1979 Gorgar.

#55 3 years ago

My month and year is Nov 1985 which is Bally Beat The Clock. 500 produced so I doubt I'll ever see one. More likely 1985 title I'll own one day is either Sorcerer or Comet. Before now I had no idea they were both from the same year. I would have guessed Sorcerer to be several years older than Comet.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I have a Williams 1966 8-Ball It was released on Jan. 17th 1966, and I was born on Jan. 14th.

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I have wanted to get a game from the year of my birth (1966) but it is a lame year for pinball
    I have a Heat Wave from 1964, and one day I will find a Teachers Pet, and they will do

Let's create the '66 club. Born in August 1966 too!

I was looking for a game made the same year and initially craved for a Dancing Lady (Ain't that lady gorgeous !?) but finally chose a Masquerade - I found it a better player. It's actually a strategic game with the 1x-10x-100x stand up target multiplier. Love these animated frontons.

#57 3 years ago

Missed this one before...

I'm surprised! I own nothing from the year of my birth. Two from the year before and two from the year after though...

#58 3 years ago

Jack in the box, 73.

A long time ago I had a Playmatic Space Gambler that had a dated label inside with the exact birthday of my sister.

#59 3 years ago

Just added FirePower to my collection, which was Feb 1980 - only a few days after I was born. Funny to see this thread as my Mom stopped by earlier tonight while I was shopping out the game and I joked that it was in development the same time I was.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Or better yet, the Month AND Year ?
    I just thought for fun I'd see if any machines had my month and year of my birthdate (1/67) and thought it would be cool to own one exactly as old as I am... Went and looked on IPDB and BAM ! There are a few and I own one of them ! Very cool ! King of Diamonds...
    I know people love buying cars built the year they were born so it made me think pinballs !
    Anyone else ?

Neat post. We're only a few months apart in age (1967-03) old man! IPDB has 58 pins listed for 1967 but 15 of them only show the year. Picking from those which show a month narrows it down to Gottlieb Hit-A-Card & Williams Shangri-La. I have neither.

The closest I had was a 1965-09 Gottlieb Bank-A-Ball. Love my EMs (ACD,C37,Atlantis), but not a big fan of the 2" flippers. At least the Hit-A-Card has inlanes which I like too.

#61 3 years ago

I was just looking up the Pins from my birth year and it was a good year for pinball. I do not own any of them though. I used to own a Vector.

Pages in category "1981 pinball machines"
    The following 5 pages are in this category, out of 5 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).

Barracora
    Black Hole (pinball)
    Centaur (pinball)
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Jungle Lord (pinball)
    Vector

#62 3 years ago

What was round in 82?

#63 3 years ago

Whirlwind for me. I acquired my first pinball machine at a yard sale for $50 when I was in 8th grade. Been addicted ever since.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

What was round in 82?

Baby Pac-Man

Haunted House (pinball)

Mike Bossy the Scoring Machine
    Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man

#65 3 years ago

No... but I would love to own a 58' Corvette.

#66 3 years ago

Yes - King of Diamonds 1967...cool thread thanks !

#67 3 years ago

ok this is too funny - I started this thread long ago and didn't realize when I just posted my reply to my own question... DOH ! That might be a first. I'm kinda talking to myself. Curious why this got resurrected.. but it's a neat thing - I'm glad I thought of it and then thanked myself.

#68 3 years ago

Not yet, but I have been thinking that I should get an early SS game for my collection at some point. Looking at those released in my birth month we have Black Hole, Catacomb, Centaur, and Iron Maiden. Cool looking games, but might be tough to track down.

#69 3 years ago

Well here are my choices from Dec. 1974. I played Lucky Ace one time about a year ago, but have never played or seen the other two.

Boomerang.jpgFar Out.jpgLucky Ace.jpg

#70 3 years ago

Closest I have is 1964 Williams Heat Wave, off by 6 years.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

No... but I would love to own a 58' Corvette.

Funny, at one time I did own a '62 Vette. Not because it was the year I was born, but because it had the best body style of them all.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Curious why this got resurrected.. but it's a neat thing - I'm glad I thought of it and then thanked myself.

Because i gave you such a hard time in that other thread, I'd figure I'd bring this one back because it was such a cool thread and I realized I now have two games from my birth year. No hard feelings?

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Because i gave you such a hard time in that other thread, I'd figure I'd bring this one back because it was such a cool thread and I realized I now have two games from my birth year. No hard feelings?

None ever.

#74 3 years ago

Cool. We all have one of those days every once in a while.

#75 3 years ago

Bank Shot and Spirit of 76 are lame

#76 3 years ago

I've actually been looking, thinking a Jumping Jack would be nice, even a Hot Shot. I'd love an Atlantis, even if it is a year off but it's nice to see other 73's here. As for the OP, just got a Wiggler that's a bit of a project but it's a cool '67 pin.

#77 3 years ago

Here are a couple of pics of the 1962 4 Roses I picked up recently. It is pure eye candy and the gameplay is great. No, they really don't make them like this any more. I'd like to think I'm holding up as good as this machine is.

4Roses.jpg
    Roses2.jpg

#78 3 years ago

Nope... But I am actively searching for a defender, cosmic gunfight or warlok...

#79 3 years ago

Road kings 86' my childhood pin, dad got
    Rid of it beacause of a broken flipper.... Lol. More than 10 years years later, got it back and through a little investigation with the guy i bought it from, it was the SAME machine.

#80 3 years ago

T2, bet that makes some of you feel old!

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Archytas:

Not when I get 400 plus million and 3 super jackpots on one multiball. I'll be back....

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from Archytas:

First one with a DMD to match their age! Who's got a WoZ?

#83 3 years ago

I supose its possible, I got a bunch of games, just never thought to match them up to my birthday... Don't really understand why someone would set out to objectively do so.

#84 3 years ago

Have
    A game day & month but not year.

#85 3 years ago

I own a 76 but I was a 75 baby...so close!

#86 3 years ago

Ill be the baby here with the DMD game. My Independence Day. Same month and year. July 199620150615_194103.jpg

#87 3 years ago

Man that would be an old ass pin, December 1956. No thanks too old for me!

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from indy5mike:

Man that would be an old ass pin, December 1956.

I have just the game for you.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=609

#89 3 years ago

Every pin and car I own is older than I am

#90 3 years ago

About to join the club again with a 1979 Williams Tri Zone. Previous member of the club with Gottlieb's Totem. Looks like I need Time Warp, Meteor or Harlem Globetrotters if I really want year and month.

#91 3 years ago

Zaccaria - Magic Castle and Devil Riders. 1984

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Road Kings 86' my childhood pin, dad got
    Rid of it beacause of a broken flipper.... Lol. More than 10 years years later, got it back and through a little investigation with the guy i bought it from, it was the SAME machine.

That's really cool. I hope some of my kids continue the hobby when they get older. Who knows what pinball will be like then.

#93 3 years ago

A '64 World Fair, a '65 Buckaroo, but no '66 pin. Hurdy Gurdy/Central Park, Subway/Cross Town...would all be candidates for me. And....I just invented some more room, Hmmm.

Edit: Dancing Lady is actually the mo/yr (11-66). My daughter would love that one, better not show her any pictures. She doesn't play, she just would see the ballerina in the back box and want me to buy it.

*just saw game play video of Dancing Lady. I really dig it!

#94 3 years ago

I have the year pretty well covered between Skill Pool, a recently acquired Hootenanny, and oh yeah almost forgot - there's that headless Tom Tom.

Month is made difficult by my lack of interest in Swing Time and the obscurity of Keeney's Go-Cart and Rally's Toro.

#95 3 years ago

I don't but I do own a 4 Roses that is exactly twice my age. Does that count?

1 week later
    #96 3 years ago

Centaur. 1981.

#97 3 years ago

So close

Orbitor 1 2/82
    Pinball Champ 4/82

My birthday 3/82

#99 3 years ago

My first pin was same year and month. If I had the space it would be nice to own again.image-19.jpg

#100 3 years ago

Zaccaria Robot

image.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 142.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside