(Topic ID: 78663)

Do you own a game made the year you were born ?

By PinballSTAR

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jsyjay
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image-19.jpg
    20150615_194103.jpg
    Roses2.jpg
    4Roses.jpg
    Boomerang.jpg
    Lucky_Ace.jpg
    Far_Out.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    blackknight2000.jpg
    image-3-1.jpg
    image-21.jpg
    1969-08.jpg

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Or better yet, the Month AND Year ?

I just thought for fun I'd see if any machines had my month and year of my birthdate (1/67) and thought it would be cool to own one exactly as old as I am... Went and looked on IPDB and BAM ! There are a few and I own one of them ! Very cool ! King of Diamonds...

I know people love buying cars built the year they were born so it made me think pinballs !

Anyone else ?

#2 5 years ago

Someone is going to say TAF and depress me on two levels.

#3 5 years ago

I have a Nip It that IPDB has a project date of 1972, but it was released in 1973.

Jason

#4 5 years ago

I was thinking this last week Joe. Centaur 2 and Royal Flush Deluxe are my two choices. Guess I'm going with Centaur 2 even tho I hate the cab..

-Jim

#5 5 years ago

Who here will admit that the Baffle Ball or Ballyhoo they own is from their birth year?

The man in Battle Creek who owns them both is too young.

I have a Ballyhoo but it is about 30 years my senior...

Post edited by MrBally : cannot disclose at this time

#6 5 years ago

I have wanted to get a game from the year of my birth (1966) but it is a lame year for pinball
    I have a Heat Wave from 1964, and one day I will find a Teachers Pet, and they will do

#7 5 years ago

I have a bagatelle that old...

Only kidding. What was current in 1957?!

#8 5 years ago

Not at the moment, but I have.

For some reason this thread also made me realize I've owned about enough pins for every month that I've been alive

#9 5 years ago

I've always thought it was cool to own things born the same year you were. I've had a 78 Les Paul Custom, Strat (wish I still had it!), I still have a 78/79 P-Bass. I just finished shopping a Phoenix. It probably won't stay in the collection long but it was fun bringing another game back from the dead and I actually like the game.

#10 5 years ago

Why yes I do. Still in need of a good shop job but the surfer and I are the same age.

#11 5 years ago

I have a HUO Bally Supersonic 1979

#12 5 years ago

I just so happen to own this machine: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1683

#13 5 years ago

Have had several older. 39 Bally Vogue,45 Gottlieb Stage Door Canteen, 49 Bally Champion (one ball) and a53 United Tropics. would buy something from 1960 if one comes up.

#15 5 years ago

That would be a Space Shuttle to get the month and year (Dec 84') don't have one yet. It is a fun game and I would like to own one someday. In the meantime my Sorcerer is only 3 months younger than me.

#16 5 years ago

Yes. The first game I bought and still own (now with new playfield)

Mata Hari- 1977

#17 5 years ago

I am not a huge fan of the 1973 machines. The closest pinball I have owned manufactured near my birth year was a '72 Fireball.

#18 5 years ago

Bally Lost World , also my first game .

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Or better yet, the Month AND Year ?

Not yet, but when I do I will be one happy camper.
    Williams 3 Coins

#20 5 years ago

Gottlieb Universe - month/year for me
    Williams Whirlwind - year for my daughter

I have a pin in mind for month/year for my wife, but we will probably only get the backglass since we don't want any more EMs.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

I have a bagatelle that old

Yeah, I'd have a pin with no flippers OR coils if I did that.

#22 5 years ago

The thought has crossed my mind certainly and I would like to own an EM someday. Not sure there is a game from that year that is one I'd really go looking for. If I bumped into one of the game at a show and it was a fair price and in good condition, I'd probably be tempted as long as I didn't dislike the game.

#23 5 years ago

It's a pretty good idea PinballSTAR, but no, I don't have a pinball machine that was made in 1961.

There are a few from that year that I like the artwork ok, but I'm not a big fan of pins with the 2" size flippers.

I'd probably get teased by friends and family about how old it is (and me) if I got one of those pins made in '61.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I'd probably get teased by friends and family about how old it is (and me) if I got one of those pins made in '61.

Especially if you got this one
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=336&picno=318

#25 5 years ago

I've got one from 1963-
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=242&picno=57181
    and one from 1960-
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1515&picno=8051

Still looking for '62

#26 5 years ago

No I don't own one of these. Not sure there's many around any more. It's kind of depressing.
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1576

#27 5 years ago

close. My favorite EM is Super Soccer, but i'm 2 years older than it. but same month release date.

#28 5 years ago

No I don't have a Bally ''Gator' from that day month and year.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not yet, but when I do I will be one happy camper.
    Williams 3 Coins

Old fart

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I have wanted to get a game from the year of my birth (1966) but it is a lame year for pinball
    I have a Heat Wave from 1964, and one day I will find a Teachers Pet, and they will do

I have a Williams 1966 8-Ball It was released on Jan. 17th 1966, and I was born on Jan. 14th. I call it my birthday game. It was designed by Norm Clark, and the BG features 2 gentlemen playing pool. On their cufflinks are the initials SK and NC for Steve Kordek and Norm Clark. I searched for a couple years to find this game after doing some research on it while restoring it for an Australian friend. Thanks to a good friend in MI, I was able to get one. He picked it up and brought it to the Ohio show for me a few years ago.My goal was to have it restored in time for Chicago Expo so I could have Norm and Steve sign it... I got the BG finished, but Norm passed away in April of that year so I never got to have him see the game or sign it. The cabinet for it is in need of some serious TLC and the prior owner had repainted it "badly" is the best way to put it...One day I will get it rebuilt and it will stay in my collection. I did actually get to play a working one at Allentown a few years ago.

Phoebe

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

No I don't have a Bally ''Gator' from that day month and year.

I had one , It's a pretty good game .

#33 5 years ago

Not a complete game, but I have a framed backglass from a '61 GTB Flying Circus.

#34 5 years ago

My wife thinks a "Ding Dong" would be appropriate:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=ding+dong&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#682

She's lucky that I love her and her name is on the mortgage.

Post edited by Olddragon : Because I obviously cannot spell a lick

#35 5 years ago

Closets would be El Dorado: City Of Gold

#36 5 years ago

These are my birth month options. Not my cup-o-tea.
    1969-08.jpg

#37 5 years ago

My first game ever was a 1970 Williams 4 Aces. The game itself is very unique with some cool features but the hippie theme didn't speak to me.

I just looked up and found one more appropriate. Not only because it's from the month and year I was born but also because my dad was a Ski-Doo dealer at the time. I have always liked the art but never made the connection.

image-21.jpg
    #39 5 years ago

Have one the year I was born and the year I graduated high school.

#40 5 years ago

Yeah? And it's my birthday next week. 52 years young. Now somebody please find me my birthright.
    image-3-1.jpg

1 year later
    #41 3 years ago

Well, I never did find that 3 Coins, but did get a Trade Winds and 4 Roses. Both great games and both from '62. Steve Kordek was an amazing designer.

#42 3 years ago

1989: Black Knight 2000. I'm the first one in this thread even in the alphanumeric era. Someone post a DMD so I'm not the baby.

blackknight2000.jpg

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

1989: Black Knight 2000. I'm the first one in this thread even in the alphanumeric era. Someone post a DMD so I'm not the baby.
    blackknight2000.jpg

Whoa you are a youngun.

Well I don't think '83 was a very good year for pinball. Sharpshooter II came out the month I was born but if I could choose within the year, I would probably choose Joust or Super Orbit.

#44 3 years ago

I didn't have a pin but the closest I had was a United Skippy Shuffle Bowler from 11-1963 and I'm a month older.

#45 3 years ago

Someone give me either a Monster Bash, Champion Pub, or Cactus Canyon and I'll be set

I don't really plan on buying any of those 3 ever, too expensive and I'm not a particularly big fan of any of them.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Someone is going to say TAF and depress me on two levels.

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Someone give me either a Monster Bash, Champion Pub, or Cactus Canyon and I'll be set
    I don't really plan on buying any of those 3 ever, too expensive and I'm not a particularly big fan of any of them.

Well you just made Floyd's day.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Have one the year I was born and the year I graduated high school.

Either your Pinside collection list is outdated or you grew up really fast.

EDIT: Just noticed this thread was necro bumped so this post doesn't apply anymore

#48 3 years ago

I would need a Gottlieb "Showboat". A 4 flipper machine made in March 1961. I've come close to buying it. Just haven't found a good example.

#49 3 years ago

IMG_0041.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 269.99
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside