Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you miss your pool table?”

• Miss mine 48 votes
      28%
    • Not at all 81 votes
      47%
    • Duh... 3 more pins! 45 votes
      26%

(174 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992[1] (resized).JPG
    3F78BDE9-EA72-46C3-BB4F-75B31506C044 (resized).jpeg
    B5B89A7B-315F-439D-B27A-C14A6B3C08BC (resized).jpeg
    040C3941-95DE-4B7C-A905-601C4A3B41F8 (resized).jpeg
    Pool table #2 (resized).jpg
    Pool table #1 (resized).jpg
    DSCF6792 (resized).JPG
    DSCF6791 (resized).JPG
    DSCF6749 (resized).JPG
    Gold Crown I #2.jpg
    Gold Crown I.jpg
    PR TBT SS 017 (resized).jpg
    Pool Table (1024x555) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1154 (resized).JPG
    20180203_102657 (resized).png
    20171219_094747 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I've been thinking about getting rid of my ping ping table and getting a pool table. I love pool!

Well I have a beautiful 7ft slate American Heratige that's perfect with all the extras including an electronic dart board I could sell ya.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Pool is social. You can carry on conversations or listen to music, even effectively watch a ball game. Pinball demands your full attention the entire time your ball is in play, which can last upwards of 10 minutes if you're having a game.

Hit the nail on the head. Now when people come over everyone just drifts away and does their own thing and forget about music being played it interfears with the game sounds. Took my table down to buy more pins, still have in broken down but do miss it. If I had a bigger game room you bet I'd have one.

#51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

I really hope I never turn into the pool table in storage type of guy.

That would be me.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from dankme:

All this talk about pool tables and Manbearpig's above comment reminded me of this awesome video...Now that is some thumbs up material!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RqziQX7eEv0

Now THAT is truly amazing.

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

My pool table was $2800. That might buy 1 nice pin. I don't regret it ever. I can barely afford pinball prices, so if I sold the pool table I wouldn't be able to afford to put anything in it's place anyway

DSCF5985.JPG 256 KB

DSCF5988.JPG 263 KB

DSCF5987.JPG 236 KB

Real gutsy having a tv by the end of the table there. I hope you break the other direction.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

LOL, that TV is a really old CRT.

Yeah I know but when something heavy like a pool ball hits the screen it's a real mess. At least the ones I've destroyed did. You should at least turn it around if your not using it to be safe.

4 months later
    #123 9 years ago

Hi walt, nice to have you join us. I had a 7ft and one pin then I got another then I wanted more so my table had to go. I really miss it and could have kept it with room for 7 pins but I got the sickness. My table is torn down and in the garage and would like to sell it. I see you have the same ailment.

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

There are times I miss mine. Pins won out. I will never....never move a one slate pool table again

image.jpg

YOU MOVED IT. What are you CRAZY!! My 3 piece still needed 2 guys on every piece.

1 week later
    #141 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Few shots of my table. Full 1" slate and took it all apart myself. Those were the days Edith.
    IMAG0026.jpg (Click image to enlarge)IMAG0022.jpg (Click image to enlarge) The only pool table Donnie and Bitch Olhausen have ever signed together. IMAG0015.jpg (Click image to enlarge)IMAG0016.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Dang, that looks kind of like mine, it's broken down in the garage now. If my garage were bigger I'd set it up in there.

IMGA0220.JPGIMGA0220.JPG IMGA0234.JPGIMGA0234.JPG
    4 weeks later
    #146 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Bringing back an old thread for a bit.
    Long story short, my wife and I are building a home with a finished basement, and the main portion is 30' x 14' with a 14' x 10' "morning room" in one corner, so I am considering a pool table. I have ALWAYS loved "Valley bar boxes" - the good ol' 3.5' x 7' tables with the coin-operated ball returns and all.
    I'm not looking to get on ESPN (read: I don't want an 8' or 9' table), yet I've noticed nearly no one ever owns a Valley table at home. Any particular reason as to why?
    This is an area that I have little to no experience in (buying a table), so I was just curious. Thanks for any insight!

See my pictures in post 141. 14x10 is to small for even a 7ft. Rule of thumb is 5ft clear on all sides so you can use all lengths of cues. My 7ft was in a part of the room where a support pole was at the 11ft wide mark which put it 3ft from the table, major pain to shoot around but the rest of the side was open to the room. The other side wall was 4ft 3inches from the table but you couldn't use a long cue on that side. The break end had a full 5ft and was nice. The other end was open to the room. The 30x14 would be nice for a 7ft table, a bar and a movie section. The 14x10 would be for pins.

#151 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Yep, that's what I was thinking.
    Have to get the house built first . Once it's built, I'll definitely be considering doing this. I'm good with about 7 pins, which there is another room in the basement for that I didn't mention. I like the idea of variety for if we ever have social gatherings, and I have a feeling a pool table will help round out the pins for guests.
    Still, any reason why it seems like no one ever has the "bar boxes" ?? Are they one solid piece of slate vs layers or something?

I "think" because they are one piece slate. My table is 3 piece and the whole thing comes apart for easy moving. I may keep mine and put it in the garage which is in the process of being heated and the inside finished. Just as long as I don't have any break air balls because the Mustang will be near by.

#155 9 years ago
    Quoted from GSones:

I may not use my pool table all the time I'm not getting rid of it. It's a nice change of pace from the pins and video games and it never breaks down. It's also a good business tool. I'll have folks over, shoot a few shots, have a drink and talk for a few minutes and then resume playing. I like the relaxed pace it brings. For me it's part of a well rounded game room.

You got that right on all points. Those are the reasons why I miss my table.

#156 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Just finished setting mine up. I've been waiting my whole life to have enough room for my own table. It's never going anywhere.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I wish I had that much room so everything could be under one roof....and even have room for my finished Mustang. All my toys under one roof.

8 months later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-miss-your-pool-table?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.