Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you miss your pool table?”

• Miss mine 48 votes
      28%
    • Not at all 81 votes
      47%
    • Duh... 3 more pins! 45 votes
      26%

(174 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992[1] (resized).JPG
    3F78BDE9-EA72-46C3-BB4F-75B31506C044 (resized).jpeg
    B5B89A7B-315F-439D-B27A-C14A6B3C08BC (resized).jpeg
    040C3941-95DE-4B7C-A905-601C4A3B41F8 (resized).jpeg
    Pool table #2 (resized).jpg
    Pool table #1 (resized).jpg
    DSCF6792 (resized).JPG
    DSCF6791 (resized).JPG
    DSCF6749 (resized).JPG
    Gold Crown I #2.jpg
    Gold Crown I.jpg
    PR TBT SS 017 (resized).jpg
    Pool Table (1024x555) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1154 (resized).JPG
    20180203_102657 (resized).png
    20171219_094747 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

I've been thinking about getting rid of my ping ping table and getting a pool table. I love pool!

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

You could always get a ping pong top for the pool table! Problem solved

If I get a pool table, it will probably be a 9 footer. You can't really put a ping pong top on those. It's too big.

#42 9 years ago

Mosconi was the best that ever lived. I used to study films of him back in my hustling days.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I had a 9' Brunswick Gold Crown with a standard ping pong top that fit on it. Worked fine.

Good to know. I was always under the impression that a 9' table was slightly longer than a standard ping pong table.

3 years later
    #175 6 years ago

Bumping this old thread yet again!

I've been thinking about doing it for years, but I finally decided to sell my ping pong table and buy a pool table instead. Back when we first bought the ping pong table, I actually wanted a pool table more, but I lost the family vote. My wife and kids thought we would get more use out of a ping pong table. The reality is that the only one in my family who ever plays ping pong is me, so I see no reason to keep it. At least with a pool table I can shoot around by myself.

I definitely want an 8' pro or 9' table. I prefer the commercial tables, as that's what I'm used to shooting on in the pool halls. I also like the way they look more than the furniture style tables which don't really match my decor. My preference would be a nice HUO or restored Brunswick Gold Crown, but I would be open to a Diamond or possibly even an Olhausen if the right table came along. Here's some examples of the type of tables I'm looking for ...

Gold Crown (resized).jpgGold Crown (resized).jpg
    Diamond Pro (resized).jpgDiamond Pro (resized).jpg
    Olhausen Champion Pro (resized).jpgOlhausen Champion Pro (resized).jpg

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Oh, and for anyone looking to get a table, check CL. Lots of good deals to be had there, though the 9 footers are a little tougher to find.

Yeah, that's the problem I'm having. There are a million eight foot tables for sale near me, but the nine footers are few and far between. Most people simply don't buy tables that large for their homes.

2 weeks later
    #199 6 years ago
    Quoted from preore:

May be too far, but thought it sounded similar to what you are looking for.
    stlouis.craigslist.org link

Thanks for the link! Yes, that's exactly the sort of table I'm looking for, but it is indeed too far. I'm actually going to look at a Gold Crown III with a ball return on Monday about 20 minutes from me. The guy is asking $1,500 for it, but I'm sure there is room to negotiate. Unfortunately, he already took apart the table, so I'll have to judge it based on all the pieces. I would have preferred to be able to play on it before making a decision.

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I like the look of the early Gold Crown 1 which were made from 1961 to 1974. Their lacquer painted wood sections were attractive to the eye really stood out nicely in the gameroom and in pool halls back in the day. They came in Tangerine, Gold, Blue and White.

I'm a big fan of the GC 1 as well. I think they are beautiful with classic retro lines. There is one I am considering that is a bit more than I want to spend. It was restored about a year ago to the original blue color. Here's a couple photos of it ...

Gold Crown I.jpgGold Crown I.jpg
    Gold Crown I #2.jpgGold Crown I #2.jpg

#201 6 years ago

Beautiful GC IV. I would love to have one just like that, but I can't find any close to me. One thing I really like about the GC IV's and V's compared to the earlier models is the flush mounted pockets.

11 months later
    #205 5 years ago

I ended up purchasing a slightly used Tournament Edition Gold Crown 5. I love it!!!

Pool table #1 (resized).jpgPool table #1 (resized).jpgPool table #2 (resized).jpgPool table #2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-miss-your-pool-table?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.