Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you miss your pool table?”

• Miss mine 48 votes
      28%
    • Not at all 81 votes
      47%
    • Duh... 3 more pins! 45 votes
      26%

(174 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992[1] (resized).JPG
    3F78BDE9-EA72-46C3-BB4F-75B31506C044 (resized).jpeg
    B5B89A7B-315F-439D-B27A-C14A6B3C08BC (resized).jpeg
    040C3941-95DE-4B7C-A905-601C4A3B41F8 (resized).jpeg
    Pool table #2 (resized).jpg
    Pool table #1 (resized).jpg
    DSCF6792 (resized).JPG
    DSCF6791 (resized).JPG
    DSCF6749 (resized).JPG
    Gold Crown I #2.jpg
    Gold Crown I.jpg
    PR TBT SS 017 (resized).jpg
    Pool Table (1024x555) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1154 (resized).JPG
    20180203_102657 (resized).png
    20171219_094747 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 6 years ago

Anytime Pool Table is mentioned, I have an interest. I remember the first time I held a
    stick was in a Friends basement (maybe 10 years old) on a 4 X 8, and after my first
    game, I was terrible, but hooked. Some days my Friends entire Family would go away
    (including my Friend) and I'd stay in the basement shooting pool..
    Many years later, all I wanted in my game room was a Pool Table, Ping Pong, and
    Shuffle Board. Well like many know, that wanted list can change quick..
    Years ago, the Ping Pong went, but still have the Shuffle Board and Pool Table
    (along with quite a few other things). A couple of years ago I traded in the 9' table
    (which I myself kinda prefer) for this 8' A.E. Schmidt. Because of it being a much better
    looking table than the 9' (Irving Kaye) and construction wise is way beyond just night
    and day, I am extremely pleased that I had made the move..
    Oh, and to answer the 3 yr. old question. Although I no longer play it all that much,
    it's epoxied to the floor..

IMG_1152 (resized).JPGIMG_1152 (resized).JPG

#185 6 years ago

As many of us, I had much fun as a Kid. Maybe a little too much and at 15, I got sent to a boys camp.
    The first 3 months the old cottage had an antique 4 X 8 table. Covered much of the time, but when
    it wasn't, I was on it.
    Then the old cottage closed, so many got separated and I went to a more modern cottage that had
    a ping pong table. In a pretty short time I got pretty competitive, but if I had a choice, I would never
    have had a paddle in my hand, but I did grow to like the game....."springing forward a couple decades"
    Four of us (not always the same four) won consecutive pool league championships. After the 9th
    straight, a change of venders came in the area and they could not run/form a Pool League at all, thus we
    never had a chance for the 10th. Since, I haven't played all that much, but still enjoy the game..
    I was given the last plaque of the last year of the championship run..
    A great hometown tavern that I still have a couple machines in..
    My neighbor holding the plaque. He was the last year's fill in. A good pool player..

IMG_1154 (resized).JPGIMG_1154 (resized).JPG

#186 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Nick Varner, Mike Sigel, Allen Hopkins just to name a few and the list goes on.

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

to put the effort back in to where my level of playing was.

Not only played with them, you look like a pro there!
    For me, if/when I ever get back into shooting, I'm thinking that I'll never be at the level
    that I once was. Mostly because of the very sharp angle shoots I had once consistently
    had success on making. Once I hit 50, the eyes slowly began to distant themselves further
    from 20/20. Perhaps it has effects on some other shots, but those pin pointing sharp cuts where
    the cue ball travels full speed, yet the object ball barely makes it to the pocket is what I believe
    will never come back. Still maybe at times can make those shots, but not so much where a
    little guessing isn't involved..

2 weeks later
    #196 6 years ago
    Quoted from preore:

May be too far, but thought it sounded similar to what you are looking for.

If that Brunswick is 30 plus years old (which I'm very certain that it is), it's a
    very good table. After the 90s, they were non-US made and completely different
    material had been used. Like I had read from an expert. If it wasn't for their name,
    today they wouldn't even have a share of the market. I don't mean to speak negatively,
    just trying to give a "heads up"..

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

We played for a little over an hour and I shot so well

Yup, I know what it's like while stroking the stick at a difficult shot, and knowing that
    object ball is going in. In the last 1.5 years, I shot with someone maybe 6 times
    (on my table) and 1 out of six I was spot on, once not so good, the rest pretty
    good. A couple weeks ago a Friend called and asked if I wanted to play league next
    season, and perhaps I will. I thought before on having lazer eye surgery not only for
    pool, but for me, would be beneficial in many ways. I'm tempted into looking into that.
    Next Saturday there's a gathering in the game room. I'll most likely play a game or two.
    Since I was like 10, I haven't gotten sick of playing, and I'm thinking that not changing..

2 years later
    #210 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Must have a pool table.

Yup, just uncovered mine, cleaned the table and balls. She's all set for today's
    annual Feb. Party. 60 last year, and many more the year before, so probably
    some place in between..
    The pool table gets played quite a bit anyway, but a few of the league players
    I'm sure will show up, so it'll probably get played pretty much non-stop..
    No video of a couple weeks ago party, or had you already posted it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-miss-your-pool-table?tu=Mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.