New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 110704)

Do you love Full Orbit shots?

By mof

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by akm
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-7.jpg
image-249.jpg
image-653.jpg
image-911.jpg
image.jpg
orbit.jpg

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

For IM i disabled the top popup post to give myself a skill shot. Is that popup post used in the game at any other time besides the skill shot?

For ST the top popup post is used throughout the game so you cant get full orbits all the time. Also there is no right spinner.

Im just curious if i artificially created 100% full orbits with IM because of the rule change i made and if this is possible in ST minus the right spinner?

#102 5 years ago

And then there were 11 re-rippable spinner orbit shots.
Will there be 12?
-mof

#103 5 years ago

TFTC has spinners on both sides and a repeatable right orbit.

#104 5 years ago

Flash should be on your list. I can rip my spinner repeatedly from the upper right flipper. Drop that bank of 5 drop targets to light the spinner for 1000, then rip it repeatedly on the same ball (spinner light goes out when you lose your ball)...nothing else like it!

--Luke

#105 5 years ago

Yes, and horseshoes, orbits small or large are cool.

Space Shuttle really should have had an orbit shot.

#106 5 years ago

I guess we are considering shrek the same as FG?

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

The only other game in my collection with a FULL orbit+spinner shot is the Right orbit shot on Whirlwind. I've never tried hitting it 2x in a row, I'm wondering if the issue is that the pops get in the way sometimes, and ruin the flow of the shot.

Yep, Whirlwind doesn't make the cut. The pops kill the flow to the flippers...

What about Earthshaker, which has a very similar top orbit shot (except opposite side) and spinner? The pops do interfere more often than not, but I can usually get 2 orbits in a row (maybe 25% of the time if I am trying) and have a record of 4 orbits in a row.

#108 5 years ago

Stern Harley Davidson. Spinner on left orbit. Need to be clean through the pops though.

#109 5 years ago

Stern Mustang has orbit shots. There are 2 controlled gates that will lock after 4 or 5 orbit shots, so not really free shots all the time. I started a post a few months ago, "Stern Mustang Orbit Shots" with a poll and 5 seems to be the maximum.

1 week later
#110 5 years ago

I was playing some Twister last night and noted there are certain modes such as weathervane where the upper magnet is de-activated and both the right and left orbits become re-rippable as many times as you like. The ball comes around pretty fast...

image-7.jpg

#111 5 years ago

TFTC makes 13.

I played one last game before turning off my High Speed for the last time before its upcoming playfield swap, and I asked myself: "Do I really want to do this?" (or just sell it, since it's my chopping block pin right now).

I hit 3 spinner shots in row then hit the ball lock and fired it up into the ramps, and I had my answer.

YES.

It's the incredible spinner/full orbit shots in BOTH directions in this game that make it fun. I am just not a fan of stationary targets, which is why it nears the chopping block at times.

If I had the know-how, I'd figure out a way to turn all the stationary targets into drops, and I'd have something unique and magic. (I know someone did it for Firepower) -- Imagine SWEEPING drops up the middle from the lower flippers and SWEEPS from the upper right flipper -- what a High Speed that would be!!!

-mof

#112 5 years ago

I didn't know how much I liked the full orbit shot until I played IM the other day. I have a BSD and Shrek, and Shrek has the full orbit, but it has the upper flipper that interupts the use of the lower flippers for the full orbit experience. I do love a flowing game with a full orbit.

#113 5 years ago

No spinner, but my favorite orbit is the left shot in Mousin' Around. The value increases if you hit in consecutively too! Hard to get the red insert lit though (I think it is 5 shots).

#114 5 years ago

the shadow has the great full orbit shots. Both add up orbit counts, both count for orbit shots in modes and for mongol hurry up, that's it for right one while the left one has a very important role in setting up third flipper shots, only legit and smooth way to hand the ball up there. Inner loop which is also technically an orbit is very smooth, very fast and very hard to loop since its egglike shape and fact that the first setup shot is long and the following are short through it make it very hard to do repeatedly off the bat (first must be timed differently than the rest). very zen like, I like mostly just to let the ball flow for few games without following the rules, just flow.

#115 5 years ago

It looks like Fish Tales has a spinner on the left orbit.
Is it re-rippable with the right flipper?
-mof

#116 5 years ago

Last call at 13 games... I think it's about time for a poll...

Can you think of a pin with a re-rippable orbit shot with a spinner?

-mof

#117 5 years ago

yes you can rip it from right flipper, but there is 99% of the time no point in doing it. It doesn't bring any points except when you collect fish and lie about it the spinner determines what size of the fish is and awards 0,1,2,3,5 millions once. it is relevant at what value it stops at and not how many times it spinned.

#118 5 years ago

Love the one on maverick. With a waxed playful you can get some speed.

#119 5 years ago

Favorite is No Fear - can get wicked fast, and though not by original question definition, the NF inner orbit (skull) shot. Super satisfying to hit a string of left-right-left etc inner orbit shots. No surprise it's a Ritchie game - the king of flow!!

5 months later
#120 5 years ago

Today on rollergames I got 3 orbits in a row.
Lower right flipper through the left spinner down the right spinner back to the right flipper.
Freakin sweet!
I have not Ben able to pull more than one orbit from the left flipper to the right spinner.
It always comes down through the left spinner and heads to the right flipper.
Man, I am so loving rollergames.

#121 5 years ago

Gottlieb silver slugger.
Left flipper to right orbit through right spinner and back down through the left spinner.
If you shoot up through the left spinner it goes into a kick out hole similar to firepower.

#122 5 years ago

Love me some full orbit shots. They are some of my favorite shots in pinball. They are fast, and it feels bad-ass to live-catch the ball on the way back around. It's like staring down speed/momentum and giving it a big middle finger while saying, "NOPE."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 189.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside